FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Evil Republicans - Partisan Politics - End Victims Advocacy?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam

I think we should get rid of the victims advocacy office http://www.cityofflint.com/law/VAP.asp . I think this is a typical democratic office. It so nice the democrats care about victims of crime but us evil Republicans do not but wait a second. I would say we should focus more on crime prevention. Well we could use a democratic strategy and add another office for crime prevention. This would mean we would be spending twice the amount we already are but we can have to wonderful social welfare programs and can care about crime prevention and the victims of crime.

Let's further examine the issue though. By having a victims advocacy office to care about the victims of crime why would the Flint police department need to care about crime victims if they have someone else do it for them? If you were a victim of crime would you rather have the Flint police come back and check on you or this "important" office? On another note would you rather the Flint police have the money to do crime prevention seminars or would you rather have a government office to focus on crime prevention? If we were to decide to care more about crime prevention and open a crime prevention office then we could take the burden of our police to bother with actually preventing crimes. This would further increase our crime rates but then we would "need" more "victims advocacy" and "crime prevention".

Hey why not just add another community group that can meet and talk about crime prevention or victims advocacy. Who needs great government when you can just add more community groups that really "care" about Flint right Rapunzel?

If you have a good idea you shouldn't need to start a task force to talk about it. You should have it immediately put into effect!!!

Another example of this is the Flint city council. Why should they have to do their jobs and look into crime when they can have a task force to do it for them.

Adam Ford
("evil" Republican)
Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:34 pm 
rapunzel

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT VICTIM ADVOCACY DOES???
Contact Cheri A. Green 766-8994

tutt, tutt
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:35 am 
Adam

Not enough!

If you read the book Leadership by Rudoph Giuliani the Republican mayor that brought back the democratic city of New York and did things like taking 500,000 people off welfare and dropping crime by about 50-70% you'd know what I'm referring to.

You see people thought Giuliani was a mean evil person when he moved from "victims advocacy" and instead brought "police accountability" and prevented victims.

If we do actually need "victims advocacy" it should be handled by the police department that should be held accountable for not PREVENTING victims.

In NYC they stopped worrying about making victims feel better about being victims and instead started PREVENTING victims by preventing crimes.

Finally to completely slam you down Rapunzel, I'm not talking about untested ideas that I made up, I'm talking about things that actually worked in New York City to bring it back from one of the most dangerous cities in the nation to being one of the safest.

The stats in NYC speak for themselves. If you don't believe me check out the NYC crime stats.

Would you rather have a victims advocacy office or more police on the streets preventing victims. If we do have a victims advocy office it should be run by the police. I'm going to take a wild guess and say Cheri is not even a police officer???

Lastly,
DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW NEW YORK CITY TURNED ITSELF AROUND???
Read Leadership by Rudolph Giuliani available at the Flint Public library (they have a few copies)
I think you'll find it much more enthralling than your community meetings you religiously attend.

Adam Ford
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:10 pm 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

I have something really cute for you Adam. And NO ! It's not MY wife ! LOL

For centuries, humans existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunter/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer & would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in winter.
The two most important events in all of history were the invention of the wheel, and the invention of beer. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups: Liberals and Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered it required grain, and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early human ancestors were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as "the Conservative movement."

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement. Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as 'girliemen.'

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish, but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare.

Another interesting revolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't "fair" to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, Marines, athletes and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to "govern" the producers and decide how to redistribute the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in later, after the Wild West was tamed, and created a business of trying to get MORE for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history and anthropology:

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to respond to the above before simply laughing and forwarding it. A Conservative will be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately.

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ellwoodflint

and I'm sure after Adam "reads" this entertaining slice of history,
he will believe every bit of it too...I mean it is in print, it must be true? right Adam?
So it is written, so it is done
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:35 pm 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Have you even read a "slice" of the book? If not, then how do you know it can't or won't work? If so, then explain why it can't or won't work?

Your song and dance is becoming O L D !

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

I am non-partisan and partisan politics are an affront to any educated voter.

1. My father and his father before him were WWII and WWI Veterans respectively, both staunch Democrats. My Grandfather said every time a REPUBLICAN comes to power the economy goes to shit! They lived through the depression owned a car but could not purchase gas.

2. When Gore ran my father chose to not Vote for the first time in his life. Yep, he lived in FLA. He was worried Gore would take the gun from his cold hands. He believed MOSES (aka Heston) didn't he die soon after? My dad believed his dad would roll over in his grave if he ever voter Repub so he chose not to vote.

3. My father was a Precision Tool and Die man. Lost his business during repub control. He was an avid hunter taught us kids how to shoot and respect for the gun cabinet. We had more game on our dinner table than store bought meat. My brother when he came home from the service trained hunting dogs. Many friends came around during hunting season to hunt with his well trained dogs. I can shoot a pheasant out of mid air and process a deer. I take offense that my father that ate red meat was a Girlie man. HE WAS A VETERAN! He taught his daughter to out shoot most men. My son raised pheasant chicks to replant the area. My dad drank Budwieser.

4. I take offense that anyone should be put into categories rather than decide issues. After all an elephant has a very small brain despite it's size and an ass is stubborn but not scared of a mouse. We are neither ass nor elephant but human with faults and the ability to weigh positives and negatives of every issue and decide accordingly.

5. My dad took a last place baseball team, unwanted players from every other team on the league and created teamwork. They won regional championship the next year because he cared about thrown away lost souls. Then again he always wore a Detroit Tiger's hat even when he retired to FLA.

Your generalizations are false. Copy and paste some other *hit.[/code]
Remember, many people can see this open forum so do watch what you post.

RAP
Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:15 am 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

I bet you're delightful at school and family functions !

WoW ! I think your problem is you haven't been laid GOOD in years !

Laughter is the BEST medicine and when one can't laugh at lives little issues.. then you don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:50 am 
Adam

Rapunzel,
I'd say you're a flaming liberal if I ever saw one. To clarify things though I do feel a good democrat is better than a bad Republican. I'd almost go more extreme than that but I'm not going to. All in all though I think results speak for themselves. Look at the Results of Reaganomics. It brought jobs. Another time when Republicnas lowered Rich people taxes from 90% to like 30% jobs were created. If taxes are 90% like they once were you might as well only invest in 3% municipal bonds instead of doinng things like building factories for union democrats to work in. If you like at the history of Flint you will find that William Crapo Durant was the sole founder of GM. Although many people might not realize it I would say it is a safe bet that the creater of GM was a Republican. The reason I say that is because I think if your Grandfather Henry Crapo was a Republican mayor of Flint and a Republican governor of Michigan you'd most likely be a Republican. There is no question that Charles Stewart Mott was a Republican mayor of Flint and probably swayed GM to add more Flint jobs. If you look at the North end, East side and the rest of Flint it should be quite clear which party ran this city into the ground.

Statistically a loyal democratic voter is a poor black voter. Fortunately for the democrats our liberal black democratic mayor and city council helped put an end to poor black democrats in the north end and throughout the city from starting competitive small home based businesses. The kind of businesses that Dell computer and Ikea started from.

It's also nice for our democratic city council and our state democratic officials to have so many problems to talk about without actually doing much about them. It was me a white Republican that tried to get the council to use their power and do their job and investigate the police problems as evidenced by the black mothers of slain victims and police incompetence.

On a bright side maybe their's some liberal democrats that don't like being victims all the time. Maybe if I can get some liberals like Rapunzel to stop going to meetings after meetings and instead start rasising hell at the city council meetings. maybe just maybe we can turn this thing around like the conservative Giuliani did in the 8 million strong hopeless and liberal NYC that decided to vote for him.
Adam Ford
Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:55 pm 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

You are correct when you say that most Democrats are poor or for a better word.. disenfrachised. But, they choose to be that way.

In my opinion, the Dems have created a whole new regime of slavery. You's be the slave.. and I's been the masta ! But don't forget come election day who put you there ! VICTIMS ! Let's blame those who work and call those who have pulled themselves from the doldrums sell-outs and Uncle Tom's. Poor Poor ME !

I was raised on Rankin and Mason by a single mother on welfare (who raised 9 kids). 2 are dead (1 by gunshot, another by natural causes). 1 brother is in and out of jail on a constant basis. My other brother works for a living. Another sister who felt compelled to getting out of the ghetto and worked at Hurley and eventually obtained her nursing degree. 2 other sister's who have 8 kids between them by 5 different "daddys" (and I use that term loosely). Another sister who lives on the northend and doesn't know what to do when her youngest turns 18 in a few months. Then there is little ole' me ! My sister Stacey and I are the only ones with a college degree. My mother has 27 grandkids and only 4 of them don't have "rap" sheets (including my 2). So.. while my son is filling out college aps, my nieces are spending their day down at the McCree building filling out ADC papers and my nephews are filling out paperwork for their PO's.

The gist of what I'm trying to say is... the Democrats have created this mindset for my family. I'm proud to say I'm a Republican and I work for what I have !

When those who cry VICTIM loud enough in front of me.. I turn the other cheek because I know what opportunities my family has had. I had those same opportunities and took advantage of them. Am I embarrassed of my brothers and sisters, NO ! I pity them because they have fallen prey to the Jesse Jackson's and Hillary Clinton's of this world. Can they be "saved".. probably too late for that. But, I've tried talking to my nieces and nephews but to no avail. They live for immediate gratification which was bestowed upon them by always getting something for nothing. They know how to play the system better than most.

This brings me back to the slave/masta mentality of the Democrats. It's the new form of slavery and my family and others have bought into it without seeing the real truth. Hillary and others keep them down, keep them disenfranchised, keep them at minimum wage jobs, keep them living in drug-infested hoods, keep them from obtaining the American dream !

Call me a sell-out, an Uncle Tom.. but never EVER call me LATE for dinner !

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:34 pm 
rapunzel

the Crapo Mansion in Swartz Creek was an abandoned home until it was torched. So much for that thought.
Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:49 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Any idea on Why or How victims advocacy got started?

My thinking was probably a way for someone other than the police dept to have to deal with the after affects of certain crimes. To have people trained in dealing with or counseling them. Such as with rape or murder.

So your saying end ‘Victims Advocacy” programs. Then do what? I’m wondering if your thoughts are that if the Police had to deal with the victims, instead of pawning them off on someone else. They might become concerned with actually catching the criminals, and putting them behind bars?

I agree, that here in Flint. Instead of those elected or paid to look out for the people. Spend more time organizing task forces or community meetings in order to try to get people to think they are actually doing something about crime.

Just like what I have been saying about the Mayor. People actually believe he is responsible for cleaning up flint. Painting over graffiti constantly, while never going after those responsible. It’s a whole mind set that majority in Flint seem to have.

Your going to need to change the mindset before your going to be able to get through to anyone.
Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

What does the Crapo mansion getting torched have to do anything? I'm sure Henry Crapo has been dead for over 50 years. I doubt the Crapo family even owned it anymore. Regardless the University of Michigan Flint Library and the room in it dedicated to our long ago Flint Republican governor and grandfather to General motors founder still stands perfectly intact. I wonder how many union democrats have any clue that if it were not for the grandson of a Republican governor there wouldn't even have been a General Motors for thousands upon thousands of them to work at. I was kind of surprised to even find that out myself.

On a side note does anyone know what great accomplishments any outstanding democrats have done for Flint? On the Republican side I'd say we have General Motors, Mott community college, the Mott foundation which has done millions of community work. I'm sure there's got to be some decent democratic accomplishments other than failed social welfare programs and numerous community meetings for people like Rapunzel to go to and feel good about themselves but not really be in a position to make real decisions like our school board does.

The thing that totally pisses me off though is it was a black democratic mayor black city clerk and I assume a predominantly black democratic city council that helped ban poor black democrats from starting their own businesses out of there home. I inend fuly intend to raise hell about this. I also remember Daryl Buchanan and the others before he was president having the police close down a streetside business in my future neighborhood before I had moved from Davison. I've never seen the council order any other police action other than to shut down a business in the vacant parking lot on Dort and Court. I guess a vacant parking lot with no business and no jobs in Flint is better than one with businesses and jobs in it.
Adam Ford
Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:11 pm 
ellwoodflint

I believe that until we stop the divide of parties when it comes to universal needs, we will never accomplish anything stable in flint.(or anywhere)
We seem to go from one extreme to the other with no middle ground to agree on because everyone thinks "my way or the highway".
This is sad, either we divide ourselves using race or political ties, when if we
were to look to the finished project we would all see the same thing, we just refuse to take the same road to get there...
Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:10 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: