FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Where in the world is Peggy Cook???
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

Where is our city administrator and why has no one noticed her absence??

Our fair city has been without a City Administrator for almost a year now and no one seems to be saying anything. Word has it that Peggy had some kind of heart condition earlier this year and has been out ever since.

The questions that no one, including our local press, seems to be asking are:

Where she?
Is she coming back?
Who's doing her job?
If someone is doing her job, is it legal?

Makes me wonder if she was actually doing her job in the first place or was she just another of the puppet hired by "The Con Artist Also Know as The Mayor"?

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:50 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Im sure she is still collecting that fat city check that comes straight out of your tax $$. I bet she out stock piling enough aqua net to supply Fatty Lou's hair for the next 4 years. Knowing the history of elections in the city of Flint, you people are stupid enough to keep her husband in office for another term....WHAT A JOKE!

YEAH, Im still around dammit!

Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:10 pm 
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

People keep checking the parking garage where she normally smoked all day, but no one has seen her, I bet she still does the mayors hair, and you know, anyone providing him a personal service or a group of votes gets a paycheck from the city.

Umm and as for Al Garcia, who are you again?
Post Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:18 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Noticed her absence?!?! Has anyone ever seen her since the election in '03? Her absence is intentional, she has nothing to add to the city anyway. I know(it's obvious) that you don't need to be smart to be mayor, but I though some qualifications were necessary for city administrator.
Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:21 am 
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

Oh, she was always seen around city hall. Mostly down in the garage smoking with the rest of the mayoral staff. Reports were that in departmental meetings that she attended she would just sit looking bewildered or nod off from boredom.

But, she hasn't been seen around city hall since early spring.

My question is who is officially doing her job, such as singing contracts, resolutions and the like and is it legal for someone else to be doing it?

The fact that this city has no one working the City Administrator's job is just another example of how con artist Williamson is pulling the wool over the citizens eyes and wasting their tax money. He gave a high-end job to his wife's best friend who never had the qualifications to actually do the job. The fact that she has been MIA for 8 months and no one has noticed, including the press, helps prove that.
*Hey look I can post in bold and be as annoying as Ryan Eashoo Exclamation

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:51 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
but I though some qualifications were necessary for city administrator.
Not in Flint at least in many decades.
Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:51 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
*Hey look I can post in bold and be as annoying as Ryan Eashoo
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:53 am 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

lol WOW.. You both a Brillant now!

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
*Hey look I can post in bold and be as annoying as Ryan Eashoo
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:44 am 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

She is VERY ILL.

quote:
Bossman schreef:
Noticed her absence?!?! Has anyone ever seen her since the election in '03? Her absence is intentional, she has nothing to add to the city anyway. I know(it's obvious) that you don't need to be smart to be mayor, but I though some qualifications were necessary for city administrator.

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:44 am 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

AL When you coming back to Flint? You and Ryan Eashoo can run the city then, see how good you two do.

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Im sure she is still collecting that fat city check that comes straight out of your tax $$. I bet she out stock piling enough aqua net to supply Fatty Lou's hair for the next 4 years. Knowing the history of elections in the city of Flint, you people are stupid enough to keep her husband in office for another term....WHAT A JOKE!

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:45 am 
Rushmoore
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintWorker67 schreef:
She is VERY ILL.

quote:
Bossman schreef:

If she is ill, she needs to be on disability, no other city employees just get to go home and draw their pay while sick, once their sick time expires they make less than half normal pay, and half pay is 5 times what the chain smoking hair dresser is worth.
Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:55 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintWorker67 schreef:
AL When you coming back to Flint? You and Ryan Eashoo can run the city then, see how good you two do.

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:

You couldnt pay me enough to move back to that three ring hell hole. Trust me, if I ever did come home and run for office, the city of Flint wouldn't know what hit them. I would clean house and speak the truth. Those are two things the city has proven they dont want!
I would scare the shit out of the average disfuntional voter of the city of Flint. There is no way I would win. My mouth would get me in trouble anyways!
Plus, Im sure things that Ive said on a couple websites would come back and bite me in the ass. Do you think Im stupid?
I like my nice cushy government job in Maine, thank you very much!
As far as Peggy Cook....I worked against her during her first run for the 4th ward seat and for her when she was first elected. Trust me, Im sure I could do a better job then what she has done. Atleast I could warm her seat and pretend Im actually doing the job!

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:37 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

How did I get dragged into this? I don't want to run Flint Town, I will leave that up to others! But I nominate AL for the post!

quote:
FlintWorker67 schreef:

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

You tell them AL...

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
quote:
FlintWorker67 schreef:

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:

You couldnt pay me enough to move back to that three ring hell hole. Trust me, if I ever did come home and run for office, the city of Flint wouldn't know what hit them. I would clean house and speak the truth. Those are two things the city has proven they dont want!
I would scare the shit out of the average disfuntional voter of the city of Flint. There is no way I would win. My mouth would get me in trouble anyways!
Plus, Im sure things that Ive said on a couple websites would come back and bite me in the ass. Do you think Im stupid?
I like my nice cushy government job in Maine, thank you very much!
As far as Peggy Cook....I worked against her during her first run for the 4th ward seat and for her when she was first elected. Trust me, Im sure I could do a better job then what she has done. Atleast I could warm her seat and pretend Im actually doing the job!

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

aw jees al. you really think your hot stuff??
hell, i've never heard of you and i've lived here
over 50 years. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:24 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: