FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: GO YOU SOUTHWESTERN!!!!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

"BREAK RIGHT THROUGH THAT LINE"
they won over midland big time without both the bad boys and
the coach gary lee!!! i'm so proud of them... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:08 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup it just proves they didnt need those two felons after all. If ya do the right thing stuff usually turns out OK in the end. Very Happy
Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:38 am 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Congratulations to the SW team for overcoming the turmoil and kickin some BC ass. Amazing what upstanding young men who are focused on a goal can accomplish. Their victory makes me hold my head up high again as a resident of Flint.

Something tells me that if SW would have lost last night there would have been an outcry from the supporters of Gary Lee and the two players that went something like this................"See what you did to these kids on the team! You've taken away their coach and now they all have to suffer!"

We'll see how they do the rest of the year, but regardless, the right decision was made. Who let all the sealed information leak. Their asses need to fry as well. They broke the law by releasing the information about the two players so they should be punished as well.

Last edited by JBToolFist on Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:27 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

This story will go on and on and on and on, once the information came out as to whom leaked the information.

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:25 pm 
SpeakNTruth
F L I N T O I D

Congratulations to SWA!!...I hope that Coach Lee and the two young men are reinstated immediately. Believe it or not, this is not the first instance of kids under many different types of court supervision (including HYTA) having participated in sports and other school activities. If FCS had or has a policy and has applied it across the board, then I'm all with them. Why should these kids be treated differently because government officials broke the law? When all is kept under seal, as the law requires, the child goes about paying his/her debt to society for his wrong without wearing a scarlet letter on his head. And anyone who thinks this situation does not exists in other school districts is very mistaken. HYTA has been around for approximately 40years and has operated to the benefit of many young people who have made that one dumb mistake. This public flogging is the exact reason the court files are sealed.

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:01 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

How about a deal..........

The person/people responsible for leaking the information come forward or are identified and punished for breaking the law for leaking the sealed information.....(including the judge, the sheriff, and the jail guards associated with GB football team)................and as a result the SW kids get reinstated to the football team.

Right now the SW kids are the sacrificial lambs because a few adults had political motivations. Let the adult asses fry so the kids can get a clean slate.

The public deserves the truth, as do the SW kids.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:14 pm 
last time here

thats interesting indeed!! Shocked Shocked

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:32 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

There's always 1-800-CallSam. Although technically these kids maybe should have been in jail for longer or whatever, the fact is the law is the law and the ruling has been made. If their records should have been sealed then their names should not have been all over the place! Their names are even in USA today along with the Flint Journal. People are mad that they broke the law even when they are doing their sentence but the news media isn't following the law and people don't seem to care. If they are serving their sentence for breaking the law then people in the news media should be getting sentenced for breaking the law.
Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:57 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/prepsnow/2007/09/controvercial_flint_swa_football_beats_bay_city_we.html

This is all that the Journal had to say online about SWA's big win on Friday.

"Flint Southwestern's Mark Ingram (center) runs after stealing the ball from Bay City Western during SWA's 39-22 road win Friday."

I found this though:
http://sportsxtrahs.com/gamestories/football/2007/weekfour/swa_bcw/default.htm
Ingram Has Another Record Night In SVL Win
09.14.07, Matthew A. Anderson

Auburn - Mark Ingram Jr. ran for over 370 yards and scored 6 touchdowns en-route to a 39-22 Flint Southwestern victory over Bay City Western in a battle of Valley unbeatens. With the win and Mt. Pleasant's victory over Bay City Central, ,both teams are now in a 1st place tie for the conference lead.
Ingram had 4 touchdowns in the first half alone. After he put the Knights ahead on the game's first drive, the Warriors quickly responded with a scoring drive of their own. The next time Southwestern had the ball, there wouldn't be an answer for the rest of evening. Ingram took the handoff on the first play of the drive and raced 65 yards for the score. Up 13-7, the Knights would hold onto the lead for good.

Ingram managed to put up two more scores in the 2nd half. Western had two scoring drives of their own in the 4th to make the score a bit more respectable. Western QB, Matt Grew had a hand in all three scores, with 2 runs and 1 passing score.

Flint S.W.A. hosts Arthur Hill next week while the Warriors must make a long trip up north to Traverse City Central.

http://sportsxtrahs.com/gamestories/football/2007/weekfour/mtp_bcc/default.htm
The game that everyone is already talking about will take place on October 5th at Atwood Stadium in Flint, where Mt. Pleasant will take on Flint S.W.A. Major obstacles still loom however, as the Oilers take on Heritage and Arthur Hill at home the next two week, both potential pitfalls if they don't stay focused.
Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:12 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Why did they use the term "stealing the ball" with Ingram? Is that a freudian-slip reference to his father's legal problems?

or one with an implication to his team-mates?

either way, its poor writing/editing, with provocative implications given the current situation.

even if Ingram was playing defense at the time, he either caused/recovered a fumble or stripped the ball from the offensive player. I've rarely heard it referred to as "stealing" the ball, since the word usually implies stealth and inappropriate behavior, versus stripping a ball which is encouraged and good behavior for a defensive player.

Now second base, that's a different story.

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:56 am 
last time here

it's typical journal writing.
kinda like the katrina survivors being described as "looting food" while
others were described as "securing food for survival".

the "willie horton" induction of fear injected into a presidential race.

the darkened face of O.J. Simpleton.

ahhhhhhh...such is life. you get used to it. Sad Sad

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:02 am 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

What's this I hear about Joe Delaney going on the radio to discuss his loss to SW? That guy is an opportunist if I've ever seen one. And a Napoleonic one at that.

Anybody have any details about that radio broadcast? Was he discussing the SW situation (if he was, that would be NOT acceptable and down right hypocritical since he's had his own players benefit from the same law in the past) or was he critiquing his own teams performance (that would be appropriate)?

Post Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:32 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/news/flintjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-46/119226543836450.xml&coll=5

"FLINT - Star receiver Tyrone Ward returned to the Flint Southwestern Academy football team Friday night, ending his suspension after serving time in the Genesee County Jail.

SWA entered the game with 3-4 record after having to forfeit three games for the use of an ineligible player. They must win their final two games to have any hopes of getting into the playoffs.

According to John Johnson, communications director for the Michigan High School Athletic Association, each year a handful of teams with a 5-4 records are admitted into the playoffs.

Johnson said the MHSAA has not received any information from the Flint School District on whether they plan to appeal the forfeitures. The district originally reported the infraction to the MHSAA.

If the Knights are able to overturn the ruling, they automatically would become playoff eligible. "

I hope we appeal the forfeiture!!! It seemed to me like the mistake was unintentional.

Post Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:28 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: