FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Gas price war

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel

Not sure how this relates to our area this was sent to me from another state. Gas prices escalate just before holidays when we might want to travel and see family. This is just wrong. Gas usage is estimated and prices on gas already in holding tanks paid for at lower rate is raised. Consumers need to do something. Will this work or should we modify to something similiar to target gas co. in our area?

> Do take the time to read this. It was sent to me by another friend. It makes
a lot of sense and is something that we can all do easily! Let's get on the
bandwagon and see what happens. We have nothing to lose.
>
>
>
> GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work
>
> This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of
his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ' s worth your
consideration.
>
> Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by
next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need
to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good
idea.
>
> This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign
that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that
because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy
gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
>
> BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really
work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline
priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular
unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have
conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 -
$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day,
we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of
gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their
gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on
our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices
if we all act together to force a price war.
>
> HERE'S THE IDEA:
>
>
> For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest
companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas,
they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the
other companies will have to follow suit.
>
> But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil
gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point....
keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.
>
> I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten
more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10
=3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of
people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three
million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people
will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....
THREE
> >>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!
>
> Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't
understand how we can reach 300 million,all you have to do is send this to 10
people.... I'm a mathematician, so trust me on this one.)
>
> How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more
people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
contacted within the next 8 days!!!
>
> I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?
>
> Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please
pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY
LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
>
> THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
Post Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:19 pm 
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Junk email and chain letters ! YUCK !

HURRY, SEND THIS TO 30 PPL OR YOUR PUTER WILL BLOWN UP !

Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
katy
F L I N T O I D

Who put the chip on your shoulder?
I'm really concerned with someone that has such a bad attitude
teaching our kids.
Do you realize how you are representing your district and fellow teachers?
Shame on you...
Post Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:13 am 
rapunzel

quote:
flintteach schreef:
Junk email and chain letters ! YUCK !

HURRY, SEND THIS TO 30 PPL OR YOUR PUTER WILL BLOWN UP !

Did not send it to a mailing list and I also hate chain letters. I asked if the concept or some variation might have an impact. We need to do something about the price of gas that varies repeatedly around a holiday.

I welcome your suggestions? or maybe you can walk from where you live to the City of Flint (which you hate Rolling Eyes ) to work. Question

peace
Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:17 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

A chain email I just received Razz

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your consideration.

Join the resistance! I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!

Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
How?

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest co (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this message to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am...so trust me on this one.) Smile

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we do not buy gas from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.
Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

Just drove almost 3000 miles during the past week (down south). And the prices varied from milepost to milepost. The average was $2.79 (but everyone knows that gas is always a higher price on highway exits). We ventured a few miles off the highway and found prices 20 cents cheaper.

My point is this... people apparently DON'T care ! The number of cars and SUV's on the roads were unbelievable. We saw more MICHIGAN cars on the road than other plates down south. I-75 northbound was PACKED with cars. So was I-65 and I-40.

Point is, people will drive regardless of what protests, emails, or the PRICE of gas.

Incidentally, it cost us about $210.00 to drive there, back and in between. Still the cheapest way to go !

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
flintteach
F L I N T O I D

quote:
katy schreef:
Who put the chip on your shoulder?
I'm really concerned with someone that has such a bad attitude
teaching our kids.
Do you realize how you are representing your district and fellow teachers?
Shame on you...

Chip on my shoulder? LOL. Now that's funny ! You don't know me from Adam (or boo).

Funny, I didn't know that the syntax of an individual could relate such things. Just worry about yourself Katy.. and leave the rest to me !

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:04 am 

You are rude and always offer nothing but protests and insults.
Your language is terrible, and not appreciated by everyone here.
I do not believe I would leave anything up to you sir, and it's too bad that someone who "can" be so intelligent, chooses to use it to put others down,
They say that it a sign of insecurity in ones self...
just somthing to think on.
Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:51 am 

Thank you ! I'm glad you see my point exactly. Now... stick to the topic at hand and get over yourself, Wink
Post Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:07 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: