FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: MLIVE SUCKS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

Hey I retired from Homedale School in 1998. I taught Math there. It was a great school. We moved from the house on the corner of Lewis and Kearsley Prk Blvd, in 2000. Wish someone could save Flint. In the old days, we thought we had it made, in Flint, because people would always need cars. There are a million jobs just waiting to be created.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:12 pm 
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

Al Garcia schreef:
The principal at Homedale told me that less than 1/3 of the kids that started school there each fall finished the year in that same building. Makes it kinda hard to get settled in and learn anything. (Or teach much for that matter!)

I don't think this is true. Homedale had family traditions. My sibling went to Homedale. Maybe less that 1/3 left, before the end, but not the other way round. All schools in the Flint area have a transient problem. We live in a poor area folk. A lot of people around here need help.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:18 pm 
WHAT!?
F L I N T O I D

Nice reunion guys!

I grew up on the NW side, moved out in 1971 - the neighborhood was spiraling in to the decay of crime and blight - not surprised it is what it is today. Back then the Eastside had a reputation as "red neck". In those days, we could afford gas Mad and cruise between A&W and BK without getting shot, mugged or raped. This 'ol hippie misses the good old days in Flint! Embarassed

Anyway Al, MLIVE DOES SUCK! What is with all the discussions being deleted? Wish I knew what the TABOO post subjects are? Twisted Evil
Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:27 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
shintz62 schreef:
Hey I retired from Homedale School in 1998. I taught Math there. It was a great school. We moved from the house on the corner of Lewis and Kearsley Prk Blvd, in 2000. Wish someone could save Flint. In the old days, we thought we had it made, in Flint, because people would always need cars. There are a million jobs just waiting to be created.

I remember my math teacher....Betty Dunbar. The only teacher in my entire life to give me swats. But ya know what....I never gave her any crap again after that.

How long were you at Homedale?
Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:16 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

[quote="ThaMaestro"]
quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
The principal at Homedale told me that less than 1/3 of the kids that started school there each fall finished the year in that same building. Makes it kinda hard to get settled in and learn anything. (Or teach much for that matter!)

Wow! That is crazy. The Flint school system needs a lot of help. Didn't realize it as I was coming up through it (Manley, Whittier, and Central C/O '97), but as i have been exposed to several other schools and districts since, I feel I was robbed as a child.

I'm hoping with some of the new leadership in place there will be some positive changes for the district, but my kids will never attened them in the shape they are in.

Al Garcia: I've followed your post on here and Mlive for a few years. I've always wondered if you knew that you are part of the problem with Flint? You and so many others gave up o Flint. Just think if you and the thousands of other quality citizens stayed in Flint and fought and kept our city a good decent city instead of running away and not caring. Then you continue to spread the negativity about your hometown that the rest of the world knows us for.

If it wasn't for people who fled the city instead of fighting with the rest of us then this city wouldn't have lost hope and gone down the tubes as it has.

I'm pretty optimistic about the future pf Flint and hope to see the day when it is teh flint that my Grandfather used to tell me about.

Al, I don't really mean this as a personal attack on you, but it's been frustrating reading your post over the last few years.

Maestro,
Yes, I have heard that people like me could be part of the problem as to why Flint is like it is today. I, like thousands of "good people" left Flint for bigger and better things.
I truley thought that Flint could not come back. That was nearly 20 years ago and I was right. Flint hasn't come back, actually, things have gotten even worse. Could people like me have made a difference? Who knows...I dont think so. At the time, I needed to do what was best for me as an individual. Was (is) staying the best thing for anyone? Especially young professionals? Ask yourself that?
Is Flint a place where I want to bring up my children? Are the streets and playgrounds where I want my kids playing? Are the schools in Flint the schools I want educating my children? We all know the answers to those questions. The answers are easy!
When I left, the city was well beyond repair or a good decent city as you say. The downfall of Flint started 35 years ago.
You say I spread negativity about Flint. I call them "facts". I dont lie or stretch the truth about problems in Flint. I have always been blunt and called it like I see it! I speak nothing but the truth!! Take a strong look at the message, dont fault me as the messenger.
I keep in contact with dozens of people who I grew up with. Some, still in the greater Flint area and some who have left Flint such as I have. Of those people, ALL that have left Flint have had much more productive lives and I can guarentee are happier and more successful then those who remain in Flint.
Im glad to hear that you are "optimistic" about the hopeful rebirth of Flint. I hope one day it can return to the Flint your grandfather used to tell you about. But please dont blame me for being part of the problem. There is plenty of blame to go around. Blame it on the schools, city hall, drug dealers, parents, teens, GM, UAW or whoever else that shares in the blame.
Dont blame me for making a better life for me and my family. If others were smart, they would follow my lead!

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:48 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thats why we LOVE FLINT TALK . com...

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
OK, after 3 years of blogging on that site, far less over the past 6 to 8 months, I have finally been thrown off the site.
WHY?? Im not really sure. I had responded to someones entry, basically agreeing with them with my usual sarcastic edge. You would think that the censor dude would be used to that by now.
I guess they are fine with just the usual pillow talk from the people from Clio or something....Im not sure!
You know me....I'll get my feeling across on that site if I want...one way or another!

Anything new in the mayors race? Anyone heard from "my friend" Lee Gonzales? Whats happening on the eastside? Any regulars from this site live in the area of the ol' Sobey school? Where is Josh Freeman? Hows the market Ryan? Where is Metro Girl? Does anyone miss The Laundry Room?

LATER!

Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Mlive forum sucks.

This is the only place you can actually voice a controversial, albeit articulate/rational opinion.

Let's get the best of those Lame Ass Mo Foes over here so we can have some real conversation and as a result...................progress!

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:50 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
OK, after 3 years of blogging on that site, far less over the past 6 to 8 months, I have finally been thrown off the site.
WHY?? Im not really sure. I had responded to someones entry, basically agreeing with them with my usual sarcastic edge.
There's a post from you dated 9/4/07 so it doesn't look like you're locked out. Maybe an individual post deleted? I've noticed good posts following one that might get deleted automatically disappears when the offensive post goes.
Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:10 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

I had been locked out for a few days, sent an e-mail or two to someone and WHALA....all of a sudden, wouldn't you know it, my password worked again!

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:44 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: