FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: What should be done with Genesee Towers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

What Should be done with Genesee Towers?
Renovate it.
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Demolish it.
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

You could spend $20 million dollars on the building but if the city doesn't want it opened you can't open it no matter how much you spend.
I agree this building looks like crap on the outside but the University Club restaurant on the top floor is shockingly nice.
Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:35 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

RENOVATE!

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hmmm
F L I N T O I D

Hmmm... now let's see, if the Genesee Towers building were torn down, that would then make the Mott Foundation building (Uptown's benefactor) the county's tallest, right?? Badd idea...I agree Genesee Towers is Flint history and should be renovated, heck, since Uptown cares so much about investing in downtown why not let them and the mayor lend a $hand to the current owners!!! Very Happy
Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:02 pm 
ThaMaestro
F L I N T O I D

It's an ugly building. If they renovated it they need to change the facade of the building itself.

Then if you renovate it, who do you have ready to move in? It's empty for a reason, there are no tenants to fill it. That's why it's in the shape it is in. How do you sell it to new tenants to use for these offices, high class restaurants, or whatever?

If someone came with a great plan to renovate it and had something set that it could be used for with people ready to move in then I'd be all for keeping it, as of now I'm not sure that is possible.

I wouldn't shed a tear to see it tore down and the space used for something useful, be it parking or whatever.
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:34 pm 
last time here

IMPLODE!
Post Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:55 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Amen!! Pass the biscuits

quote:
hmmm schreef:
Hmmm... now let's see, if the Genesee Towers building were torn down, that would then make the Mott Foundation building (Uptown's benefactor) the county's tallest, right?? Badd idea...I agree Genesee Towers is Flint history and should be renovated, heck, since Uptown cares so much about investing in downtown why not let them and the mayor lend a $hand to the current owners!!! Very Happy

Post Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The Genesee Towers today has its lights on!!! Wow.. This is the first time in years I have seen lights on in the parking deck area!

Post Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:48 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ThaMaestro schreef:
It's empty for a reason, there are no tenants to fill it. That's why it's in the shape it is in. How do you sell it to new tenants to use for these offices, high class restaurants, or whatever?
There are no tenants mainly because the building was not maintained properly in the first place, good tenants left. Years of deterioration, including a flood in the basement, have made matters worse. I worked in both the old Genesee Bank Building and in the Genesee Towers while "Kumar" owned the buildings, his management style hasn't changed. Though the Medical Arts building on Flushing Road is in his wife's name it has deteriorated as well, and now there's a delay in the scheduled demolition.

I don't think anyone who knows the history would want to be a tenant in the Genesee Towers because any repairs made by the current owner are only likely to be superficial.
Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:23 am 
last time here

it's a dump and a blight on the city!! Shocked
Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:43 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: