FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Best and worst of FlintTalk.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Elias
F L I N T O I D

I have been checking out this site for the past 7 months. I finally decided to register after reading some rather interesting information over that time. I have formed some opinions of the regulars on this site and was wondering what other people like me think. Those of who come on here and read what others have to say but never really add to the conversation. There has to be more people like me.
Could regulars and non-regular people give us there top 5 favorite and or least favorite regular contributors to this site. I'm just interested in knowing what others think about these people and the reasons why you feel that way. Does anyone know these regualrs personally?
Do these regulars have the best interest of Flint in mind? Who gets your goat? Who really cares about our hometown? Who wears their emotion on their sleeve? Who is really telling the truth? Who do you love to hate?
Just a little about me. I'm originally from Burton. Graduated from UMFlint in 96. Moved to Kansas City Kansas for a year. Back to Flint for a while and now in Upstate New York for the past year. Miss home, family and friends but never going back.
Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:21 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I have no more goats so nobody is going to get it. I have 1 cat however,

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

OMG Ryan. Are we on the naughty or nice list?

Steve, Maybe start an award like the "Flint Talkee" award or something. Is it possible to be on the best and the worst list at the same time?

I guess I would "Best Reality" award!

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:31 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

As a Flint native living in Florida, I would move back to Flint in a heartbeat. Problem is my wife would never allow it and the economics would not be right for me. I know some day, perhaps when I retire, I will live in/or near Flint again.
I love to read all the posts and with any board of this kind, you have the posters who are difficult and those who like to agitate. I personally like to stir things up now and then just to see a reaction. I've never liked personal attacks but have respect for Ryan since I've seen him get slammed by some (don't go after me now Al). It is funny but believe we have lost some senstivity because we are just reading and posting which really does not give you an idea of what a person is like. Smoke and Mirrors.
Glad to see you're on the board and look forward to reading your posts. My wife used to live on Hemphill Road between Dort and Saginaw.
Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:01 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

"Could regulars and non-regular people give us there top 5 favorite and or least favorite regular contributors to this site. I'm just interested in knowing what others think about these people and the reasons why you feel that way"

I'd like to dissuade this exercise.....

we all have something in common...an interest in Flint..its trials and triumphs, for any number of reasons and interests.

yet as is clear, if you've read the posts...we are all unique in our points-of-views, a product of our unique combinations of values [fairly homogenous] and experiences [each very distinct] . Thus we can offer varied opinions and solutions on any topic. I know from experience I don't have the same values etc of some of the others [and vice versa]. Yet hopefully we can express our opinions in a civil manner and at the end of the day, agree to disagree if we haven't each moved a few inches in our positions.

Sooooooo, this is not a popularity contest. I wouldn't offer a name, same as if a neighbor came along and said they were running a popularity contest for our neighborhood.

For the most part EVERYBODY who has taken the time to register, I take their posts at face value as they are honestly refelcting their take on a issue. I do not have the same confidence in guest posters....especially over time. We've had documented cases where people were being spoofed and mis-represented on this forum. Thus I learned not to respond to guest posters.

Frankly we should value ALL of the people and sign-up and participate here, whether we agree or not.

I know its given me grist for my mill.

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:37 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

If http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=sm1flinttalk (the number link at the bottom of the main page) is right there are 150 or so people a day that read stuff but never post anything.

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:43 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

LOL no doubt Al, I think we would be on both lists! What list would Joe be on?

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
OMG Ryan. Are we on the naughty or nice list?

Steve, Maybe start an award like the "Flint Talkee" award or something. Is it possible to be on the best and the worst list at the same time?

I guess I would "Best Reality" award!

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Amen Brother!!! Your preaching to the choir, I agree with you totally.
We need to have people be real on FlintTalk, people need to understand we will not always agree on things!

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
"Could regulars and non-regular people give us there top 5 favorite and or least favorite regular contributors to this site. I'm just interested in knowing what others think about these people and the reasons why you feel that way"

I'd like to dissuade this exercise.....

we all have something in common...an interest in Flint..its trials and triumphs, for any number of reasons and interests.

yet as is clear, if you've read the posts...we are all unique in our points-of-views, a product of our unique combinations of values [fairly homogenous] and experiences [each very distinct] . Thus we can offer varied opinions and solutions on any topic. I know from experience I don't have the same values etc of some of the others [and vice versa]. Yet hopefully we can express our opinions in a civil manner and at the end of the day, agree to disagree if we haven't each moved a few inches in our positions.

Sooooooo, this is not a popularity contest. I wouldn't offer a name, same as if a neighbor came along and said they were running a popularity contest for our neighborhood.

For the most part EVERYBODY who has taken the time to register, I take their posts at face value as they are honestly refelcting their take on a issue. I do not have the same confidence in guest posters....especially over time. We've had documented cases where people were being spoofed and mis-represented on this forum. Thus I learned not to respond to guest posters.

Frankly we should value ALL of the people and sign-up and participate here, whether we agree or not.

I know its given me grist for my mill.

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:48 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

KUDOS BIGGIE.....I honestly respect you more then anyone else on this site. We might not always see eye to eye but I respect your opinions. Next time Im in Flint, I'll look you up and we'll get together for a cold beer....Ryan will pick up the tab!

PS...Hot in Maine today. Made it up to 99 degrees. Just got out of the pool.

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:22 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Hell, I'm gonna vote.

JBToolfist wins hands down...trying not to let my love for Tool bias my decision though. His/her posts are always smart and succinct. Witty and sarcastic and always downright true. Biggie too.

Ryan gets a nod for his optimism and involvement. His love for Flint is obvious...it's made me want to give Flint a second thought... and, he's inspired me to remember good things about my old hometown.Smile He reminds me of myself and the optimism that i once had about changing the world.

As you can see i've had to change my user name as some jerks on here have looked me up and have started harassing me in real life. Get a life.

V

[/i]

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Be honest Velda you just like him for his funny commentsl.

quote:
MetroGirl schreef:
Hell, I'm gonna vote.

JBToolfist wins hands down...trying not to let my love for Tool bias my decision though. His/her posts are always smart and succinct. Witty and sarcastic and always downright true. Biggie too.

Ryan gets a nod for his optimism and involvement. His love for Flint is obvious...it's made me want to give Flint a second thought... and, he's inspired me to remember good things about my old hometown.Smile He reminds me of myself and the optimism that i once had about changing the world.

As you can see i've had to change my user name as some jerks on here have looked me up and have started harassing me in real life. Get a life.

V

[/i]

Last edited by Ryan Eashoo on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:53 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

e

Last edited by MetroGirl on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

What do you mean Velda? I think its very nice to say, btw when you coming to Flint??

quote:
MetroGirl schreef:
hope you erase that Ryan, that's not very nice to say

Post Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:49 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

Closet Case Gay Award goes to "Joe".

Most Bitchy and Negative Award goes to "Al Garcia"

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:33 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Flint Worker..... I proudly accept that award with honor!
By your "tag line" I would say we atleast agree about our frustrations of what has happened to Flint. Am I right?

Have a nice weekend everybody....except Jeff (Joe) Snyder. Hope he has a crappy weekend!

Al

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:42 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: