FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Dale Weighill just got busted...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

First and foremost, thanks to Steve Myers for stating what should be patently obvious. Racism? Copyright violations? Are you &*#$@ kidding me people?

I make fun of David Davenport
I make fun of Don Williamson
I make fun of Dale Weighill
I make fun of Norm Bryant

I do so because I don't think any of those people should be mayor. Some of these people open the door to be ridiculed by their very words and actions. I've never even met any of these guys and I'm sure they're nice people, but that doesn't make you qualified to run a city larger than Lansing and Ann Arbor.

In no way am I employed by the Dayne Walling campaign. I've spared him because I feel he's running a good campaign, has a great track record and is the most qualified person for the job. Do not confuse my ripping on these guys as rabid support for Dayne. Uh, no.

Digging our hometown out of the mess its in is not for barbers, volunteer coordinators, and nutjobs. The people in that list, in my opinion, are delusional if they think they can run Flint.

So take a joke and get over it.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:08 am 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

Hey Roscoe? and Steve since you are going to stick up for him,,,,you think it's funny and a joke to make up stoies about people like EVELYN who owns ROLLS ARE READY DOWNTOWN FLINT???? by calling her SHWANDA JEFFERIES from dort hwy? you guys should be ashamed of yourselves and I hope DAYNE is smart enough to denounce you all. Evelyn is a friend and i will be showing her Shawn ......
HOW DARE YOU!!!>

Last edited by philanthropiclady on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:40 am 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Ok but Shawn, I still don't get your "joke" please explain what you mean by the first 2 pics. I don't think you are racist but you are not a comedian either. Like I said I am still on the fence about the candidates. When you bash these people or "make fun of them" you are NOT helping Dayne, you are pushing people like me to the other side of the fence. I admire Dale's approach when he says he will not bash the other candidates, they are all going to make mistakes or get misinterpreted now and then but we need to look at the entire picture. Do you really think Evelyn deserves to be "made fun of" ? She is not running for anything. I wonder what she thinks about you using her as propaganda. If you want to be funny maybe you should try to be more clever or witty. I appreciate a GOOD joke even if I don't agree with it. Maybe you should go back to being the nice guy we know and love. People who don't agree with you are not necessarily stupid. It is the people who disagree with me that are. Wink
(My attempt at a joke)
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Roscoe, what is the joke in posting pictures of unidentified people with a caption "Someone has some 'splainin to do" in a post titled "Dale Weighill just got busted." How about editing those posts to name the people shown and explaining your "joke" to the rest of us so we don't make erroneous assumptions.

Copyright violation? No, I'm not kidding. By posting as you did you leave it open to all to guess and assume. We guess wrong and it bothers you?
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:56 am 
BPinFlint
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
I have talked with Mr. Van Zandt on the a few time and I can honestly say he is not a "RACIST".

What difference does it make if Roscoe is a Friend of Dayne Walling??

Well, you can add his defaming post to the "few" conversations that you've had. And by the way, in Roscoe's list of who he makes fun of... he omitted the two people that suffered the most by his wit. And in response to your question, "What difference does it make if Roscoe is a friend of Dayne Walling??" This entire conversation evolved out of an attempt to malign the people around Dale Weighill. It's unfortunate for Dayne that he has such reckless people in his camp.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:51 am 
BPinFlint
F L I N T O I D

MAYBE I'LL START A NEW THREAD:

DAYNE WALLING'S FRIEND MAKES DEFAMATORY COMMENTS ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICAN ENTREPRENUER..... (anyone have info on the other lady)

OR PERHAPS,

DAYNE WALLING'S BUDDY STEALS FROM ANEWFLINT.ORG
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:06 am 
wc11
F L I N T O I D

First off let me state that I have known Mr. Van Zandt/Shawn since elementary school and he is not a racist. We are making accusation about racism over a picture!! I am sure that he will reply to all those who would like for him to explain the humor behind the post.

Second, people are free to post on this board and I am sure that many individuals that are supporting candidates will bash the others...it is already happening. Is it safe to assume those candidates agree with their supporters posts? I don't think so!!

I for one am still making a decision who would better serve Flint. The two that impress me most are Dale and Dayne and I certainly would not let someone elses post impact my perception of either candidate.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:46 am 
BPinFlint
F L I N T O I D

You & Shawn must share a gigantic pot in which you boil things down to nothing, losing every essential element. I have no problem with the pictures- they're quite nice. I have a problem with the speech attached to them. The unflattering identities that Shawn created for these two ladies.

Why not toss Mr Walling into the pot? Reduce him. Is a grad student qualified to run the City of Flint?
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:59 am 
wc11
F L I N T O I D

Don't think for a second I agree w/ the "speech" associated with the pictures! However, I don't believe that you can make a statement that Shawn is "racist". That is what I "boil down".
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:10 am 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Hey friend!

Thanks for the support, but no need to waste your time. I appreciate it so much. Smile

There are people who just don't get humor and parody, don't understand copyright laws, and when they don't have anything constructive to ad, resort to personal attacks.

These people are lucky that Steve Myers has not booted you. Accusations of "theft" and "racism" are serious charges against someone, even if they are utterly false (even by Steve's own admission, what more do you need?)

What's ironic is how people can attack a fictional entity like "Roscoe Van Zandt" a person who I borrowed from Flint's history mainly on Roscoe's ability to let things go and rise above the lesser intelligent.

So let's rise above it. Let's focus on the candidates, the issues.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:30 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Roscoe Van Zandt"]Hey friend!

Thanks for the support, but no need to waste your time. I appreciate it so much. Smile

There are people who just don't get humor and parody, don't understand copyright laws, and when they don't have anything constructive to ad, resort to personal attacks.

These people are lucky that Steve Myers has not booted you. Accusations of "theft" and "racism" are serious charges against someone, even if they are utterly false (even by Steve's own admission, what more do you need?)

What's ironic is how people can attack a fictional entity like "Roscoe Van Zandt" a person who I borrowed from Flint's history mainly on Roscoe's ability to let things go and rise above the lesser intelligent.

So let's rise above it. Let's focus on the candidates, the issues.[/quote]

[b]First of all your are the one that started this whole thread Roscoe. It wasnt the weighill campaign. you created those ridiculous stories. Dont try tto rise above it now and make it look like the Weghill campaign is at fault. The fact is that your pics and story about evelyn harris is deplorable and defaming.. she is a friend of mine and an award winning business women downtown flint ....I will be letting her see the post and she can deal with you. The sad things is now Dayne will pay the price for your actions while you sit back in NY city and make this racist remarks.[/b]
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:44 pm 
BPinFlint
F L I N T O I D

No one has attacked the character "Roscoe Van Zandt." Our criticism is directed pointedly at SHAWN CHITTLE. You hide behind that name and attack REAL people, INNOCENT people, like Evelyn Harris. You haven't even acknowledged her... and you've posted several times since you started this scandalous titled thread. Would you like her address. so that you can send her a personal & private apology? Don't tell us to rise above it when your ankles are shackled to this deceitful act.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:22 pm 
BPinFlint
F L I N T O I D

Here Shawn:

ROLLS R READY
111 E THIRD ST
FLINT, MI 48502
(810) 234-0677

My advise- order some humble pie.

PS... I'm sure you'd love for Steve to erase this thread.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:28 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Whats the point of the two pictures? I just don't get it??

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Using your own staff (or supporters) in publicity photos allegedly showing the "public" is... wrong.

Pointing randomly at nothing is corny, but that's not a crime yet. Laughing
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:27 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: