FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dale Weighill For Mayor!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

[quote="R. Lebeau"]Again, all we have is your word that these are negative attacks?? A Weighill supporter? Of course you are going to say that..

Do you have a transcript of these so called "push polls"?? So basically you are asking us to rely on YOUR recollection of the event?

Let's see the questons and we'll make up our own minds..

Thanks for playing tho...[/quote]

Ummm? You want me to get the transcripts.... Youre the dayne walling supporter .. why dont you get them from dayne and post them? but that will never happen because of the negative questions in the poll.
Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:43 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

We should get back to the issues. Dale Weighill is the best candidate for the job... so because of that fact he is under fire from the Walling campaign. I say Dale should just continue to talk about the issues that concern this city and let Dayne continue his nagative campaigning, I would have no part of it.
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:04 am 
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

I'm not the one saying Walling is making "negative attacks" against his opponents am I? The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and you, Philanthropiclady and a few other Weighill supporters are the ones who should provide any evidence to support your claims. Otherwise it so much wind much like Weighills "plans"

And to be honest, I'm not supporting anyone at this stage. This needs the best available candidate and the best mind to help wrest Flint from this quagmire we are in. But seeing as I know a folks who support ALL the candidates, I hear things and Weighill backers are playing the "negative attacks" card first. Seems like you are trying to establish Weighill as the pity, victim candidate...
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:26 pm 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:
I'm not the one saying Walling is making "negative attacks" against his opponents am I? The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and you, Philanthropiclady and a few other Weighill supporters are the ones who should provide any evidence to support your claims. Otherwise it so much wind much like Weighills "plans"

And to be honest, I'm not supporting anyone at this stage. This needs the best available candidate and the best mind to help wrest Flint from this quagmire we are in. But seeing as I know a folks who support ALL the candidates, I hear things and Weighill backers are playing the "negative attacks" card first. Seems like you are trying to establish Weighill as the pity, victim candidate...

Thanks Mr. Lebeau but Im not sure I am so impressed with your rhetoric. All along Dale has been the candidate of issues and he will continue to talk about the issues. He hasn't gone negative on any of the candidates. While I know for a fact Mr. Walling has been running around town saying some very nasty things about sheldon and dale. I know this because I heard it from the people Dayne has said it to. and trust me.... just so you know Dayne Walling is about to get a wake up call from some important players in the community because of it.

Last edited by philanthropiclady on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:59 pm 
BPinFlint
F L I N T O I D

R. LeBeau, If you're hungry for pudding, then call the Walling house and get the recipe. They must have approved the text for the "poll." If they say it's a family secret, well then, call the store & get it. Anyone know the name of the firm conducting the "poll?"
Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:11 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Nobody has called me yet!! Damn it!

quote:
BPinFlint schreef:
R. LeBeau, If you're hungry for pudding, then call the Walling house and get the recipe. They must have approved the text for the "poll." If they say it's a family secret, well then, call the store & get it. Anyone know the name of the firm conducting the "poll?"

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

Again you completely miss the point. The burden of proof is on you to provide us with evidence to support your claim. Without it, well..you just look like your trying to get your candidate sympathy votes....
Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:55 am 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

quote:
R. Lebeau schreef:
Again you completely miss the point. The burden of proof is on you to provide us with evidence to support your claim. Without it, well..you just look like your trying to get your candidate sympathy votes....

Lets all just concentrate on the positive! All the candidates have things to offer this city... I just happen to think Dale has the most comprehensive and thought out plan to turn this city around. He ia also a man of integrity I encourage everyone to go to
[url]www.anewflint.org and really read through the whole plan.
Also .. come on down to the JUNTEENTH PARADE today at 5:30pm
We need to support the positive things that are going on in Flint!
Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:28 pm 
R. Lebeau
F L I N T O I D

Wow... what a way to get a barb in there about integrity..

Let's all be positive!! Let's all be positive (for those with integrity, not Mr Bryant or Mr Walling or Ms Edwards....) Let's all get along!

And again, nothing in written form of these "push polls"...
Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:08 pm 
FlintWorker67
F L I N T O I D

Lets be honest here, the only one who could run for Mayor and save this town is none other than Mr. Bill White. He would make some heads roll, and get shit done!

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:25 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintWorker67 schreef:
Lets be honest here, the only one who could run for Mayor and save this town is none other than Mr. Bill White. He would make some heads roll, and get shit done!

Bill white?..good idea but I don't think he would have any reason to want the job!
Dale has a lot of the qualities that Bill has .. plus a passion to change this city around Flintworker6 7. Give him a chance.
Post Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:28 am 
philanthropiclady
F L I N T O I D

Sources inside the Flint Fire Dept ....say Dale and Sheldon were the top performers at last weeks F.F. Candidate Forum. Good job guys!
Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:36 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Norm Bryant, deserves praise for his letter to the editor in today's Journal. Enough of the focus on race already! It's so 1960's! The problems of the 21st century are education related not race related.

i.e.: show me an educated person (regardless of color) and I'll show you somebody with a decent paying job.

show me an uneducated person (regardless of color) and I'll show you a person who is going to struggle to eeck out an existence in the new global economy.

yes, racism still exists - I'm not denying that.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:23 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Roscoe Van Zandt"]
quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
I had to laugh out loud when I heard Big David Davenport say he was going to bus people out of Flint to work!

You're quite right Steve. Busing Flint citizens out of Flint to work in other places was one of the main factors in what caused the murder of little 1st grader Kayla Roland. It was one of the main storylines in some little unknown movie no one saw called

quote]

I couldn't remember her name. I'm glad there are so may people out there with better memories than mine. That was part of that genius Engler’s ideas on how to get people off welfare. Cut their aid make them get a job that can’t support their family. Cut Education assistance so they can’t afford to go to school so they can get a deceit job.

You've struck the problem with economic development right on the head. JOBS AND BUSINESS ARE LEAVING FLINT!! In order to get a barely livable job you have to work outside the city! Unless you've got a degree in some government position such as social service, or a medical degree.

CRIME CRIME CRIME!!! It's chasing business out of Flint. Business after business is either closing for good, or moving to Burton. Higher insurance rate while Flint has the safest drivers in the USA! Go figure!

Fix Crime! Jobs will come back. People don't worry as much about their taxes or even cost of living. If they have jobs and can afford for their standard of living.

Fix Crime and jobs will grow, businesses will grow! WHY!! It’s worked all over the US. But in Flint, we just blame poverty, or unemployment! Not criminals, They can’t help themselves.

PS I don't think Davenport meant what he was saying. I think he was looking realistically at Flint. If we don't ahve jobs here, bus them. I know! THat's not what he said. I think he was a bit nervous. LOL Hopefully I can get him on the show. Once I find out how to reach him. Anybody got an email address for him?
Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Yah, reduce crime and everything gets better for Flint. NYC hired 30,000 cops, turned around the economy, and bought a computer program that helps find crime hotspots and parks patrol cars there until they go away.

I'm telling you, it's easy to fix Flint's crime problem. If they can do it in a city of about 10 million they can do it in a city of about 100,000.
Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:56 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: