FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: The Return of Dave Barber old time slot 9am - 12 noon

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Return of Dave Barber
Body: Dave Barber returns to his old time slot 9am - 12 noon
Beginning Monday April 30th on Super Talk 1570 WCK.

Contact Information
John Roman
Program Director
Super Talk 1570 WCK
Flint Michigan 48507

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

yeeeeee haaaaawwwwwww

roll out the barrel, there will be a barrel of fun!

thanks.....gives me something other than WTRX sports radio with that moron who behaves like an adolescent. The current programs, Doug Stefan and Neil Putz, puts me to sleep

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:02 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

He's BAAAACCCCKKK!!

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

like cold on ice, like white on rice,

he's folded up like a $2.00 suitcase and returned to the city that spawned him and then kicked him out.

Dave, the "the woman beater" Barber [from his prize fight from many years ago with the Byrd family boxer]

surely this is clearly a sign that the end times are upon us....the rapture is near, the sign of the beast, Al Gore winning an oscar pimping global warming is here....

He is indeed back, known by many names, Beelzebub, Lucifer, Satan, Dick Cheney, ...its

DAVE "Danger - My MOUTH CAUSES GLOGAL WARMING" Barber.....

so gather up the kiddees and huddle 'round the old victrola once again....

no wonder Milton left town toute-suite

Post Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:52 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dave Barber is back and he is on Air America??!!

Dave Barber returns to his old time slot 9am - 12 noon

You can call Dave @ 1 866 - 303 - 2270

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Dave Barber is back and he is on Air America??!!

Dave Barber returns to his old time slot 9am - 12 noon

You can call Dave @ 1 866 - 303 - 2270

yeah, boo hoo...funny twist. But it makes sense. I really couldn't figure out how he could return here with all the baggage, etc.

sorry I won't listen.

I like Dave, but I don't care for Air America anymore than I care for Amer-Right. National focus.....not local

Worse, its all partisan all the time.

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:40 am 
pretzellover
F L I N T O I D

Is he back or not? Their website is showing he is not in their programming. I've relocated to Ohio, but I was considering listening through the static if he was back.
Post Mon May 14, 2007 9:08 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

I think it was a one week trial thing...

guess it didn't work out.

since he is broadcasting through Air America Radio, it may be picked up by other local affiliates. Otherwise, I know its available on XM Satellite radio, perhaps Sirius too?

given his audience though, his format is different.

and definitely not local focussed issue focus.

Post Mon May 14, 2007 10:18 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I tried to call in and the lines are jammed packed! Its a nation wide talk show, not local.

Post Fri May 18, 2007 3:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Does anyone know why he isn't on 1570AM anymore now? He was for one week and now he is off the air again!

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:22 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Does anyone know why he isn't on 1570AM anymore now? He was for one week and now he is off the air again!

such are the vagaries of the radio business.

usually formats and personalities change without prior notice.

I once heard, here on a Flint station, where the person started the show..during the hour break, the station changed formats/personality and all when they came back from break. It was the wierdest thing I have ever heard.

usually its one format one day, another format the next. not during the middle of a show.

in the case of DB, I think when John Roman recently took over programming duties, he was casting his net out for possible line-up modifications. DB was on and they invited people to email in/call if they liked the change over Neil Boortz in the 10-12 timeframe. Apparently people didn't care for DB in his new national format here in Flint.

as the saying goes..."you can't go home again" - Thomas Wolfe

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains" - Winston Churchill

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:23 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

We need Dave Barber back, someone needs to get all the dirt on these people!

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

such are the vagaries of the radio business.

usually formats and personalities change without prior notice.

I once heard, here on a Flint station, where the person started the show..during the hour break, the station changed formats/personality and all when they came back from break. It was the wierdest thing I have ever heard.

usually its one format one day, another format the next. not during the middle of a show.

in the case of DB, I think when John Roman recently took over programming duties, he was casting his net out for possible line-up modifications. DB was on and they invited people to email in/call if they liked the change over Neil Boortz in the 10-12 timeframe. Apparently people didn't care for DB in his new national format here in Flint.

as the saying goes..."you can't go home again" - Thomas Wolfe

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains" - Winston Churchill

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:48 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: