FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: What can a person do if they want something...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

As some of you know I have an affection for the old Collins Funeral Home on Clio Road. The place was abandoned a number of years ago and has been vandalized and open to the elements. Black mold runs rampent through the place and it is in terrible condition.

My question is this: There are a number of items still in the building I would love to have but cannot seem to find a legal way to get them. I have no problem paying the going rate for these items but exactly who would one pay? The owner is no longer around, the company that holds the paper on the place will not discuss with me, and I'm sure no one associated with the city will step up and give me permission to enter the place and take what I want.
What are your thoughts on this and what can I do to get what I want.
Richard
PS: Perhaps I should pay a person to go in and steal these items. Don't get excited I would never do that but wish there was a way to do this legally.
Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:53 am 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Richard,

Go in, take the stuff you want, keep a log of its fair market value and make a donation in that amount to a reputable/local charity. The bank that owns the property won't make a stink because it would be bad PR for them- considering you were generous enough to make a donation.

Probably not legal, but a practical way to CYA.

Great pictures by the way. Very spooky to see an abonded funeral home with much of the original fixtures/furniture.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:39 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Get JB to do it for you Richard.

He sounds like he's up for it!

Take a gun JB, never know what or who'll you find in there....

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:18 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I just may take you up on that so the next time I'm in Flint I will swing by the place to see what shape it is in and, if the items I want are there rest assured I just may do it.
I'll tell them JB said it was ok.
Richard
Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:32 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

What company holds the title? Maybe you could buy it for a dollar? I doubt the the property would be an asset to them.

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:44 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I have had several conversations with the company which is out of Orlando, FL. I've even had discussions with their legal division with no luck. At one point a year or two ago, the place was up for Sheriff's auction but kept getting postponed. I had a local person ready to purchase each time the auction was scheduled. I have checked the city's tax records and taxes are behind and hope the city would hold a tax sale. The last I heard was the owner filed for bankruptcy protection which means nobody can do anything. Let's face it, it will never be a business again unless you have major bucks to invest and in that part of town, not going to happen.
So at this point I'm lost but really would like to have that embalming table and a few other items if still there.
Richard
Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:33 am 
dorismorganboss
F L I N T O I D

I gonna have my boyfriend Bob get that stuff for me,he,he. Twisted Evil
Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
What company holds the title? Maybe you could buy it for a dollar? I doubt the the property would be an asset to them.

It is an asset, in fact the value of that property in the "as is" state is proably $50,000 - $75,000 dollars

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Richard, The bank won't hold onto it forever, I will do some checking for you and find out what stage of foreclosure it is, or what status it is in at the bank. Do you know the address? You can e mail it to me at www.RyanEashoo.com.

quote:
Richard schreef:
I have had several conversations with the company which is out of Orlando, FL. I've even had discussions with their legal division with no luck. At one point a year or two ago, the place was up for Sheriff's auction but kept getting postponed. I had a local person ready to purchase each time the auction was scheduled. I have checked the city's tax records and taxes are behind and hope the city would hold a tax sale. The last I heard was the owner filed for bankruptcy protection which means nobody can do anything. Let's face it, it will never be a business again unless you have major bucks to invest and in that part of town, not going to happen.
So at this point I'm lost but really would like to have that embalming table and a few other items if still there.
Richard

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Ryan: I sent you an email via your website with the funeral homes address. Thanks and good luck.
Richard Vyse
Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:00 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

More information on the Collins place.

Reigle Realty: Parcel # 46-35-151-003

Collins: Parcel # P-15320-6

I got this from Flint tax records which shows taxes due from 2006.

Thanks
Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:13 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Awesome, I will look into it this week..

quote:
Richard schreef:
Ryan: I sent you an email via your website with the funeral homes address. Thanks and good luck.
Richard Vyse

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: