FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Man, what happened to FlintTalk and Why does Flint Suck?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
DON

RAP you must of been made fun of as a kid, cause your still being made fun of now.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:37 am 
DON

RAP your just a wrinkled old lesbian from the east side.
Why are you always so negative?
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:38 am 
GrandBlanc

Leave her alone, race,color, national orgin or sexuality shouldn't matter.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:20 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I didn't think Rap was being negative... I thought she was being proactive... Don on the other hand had nothing to say but insults. Funny.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:42 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Bunch of High School Girls In Here I tell ya.

Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

You said it, Ryan.

Hey Rapunzel, thanks for the nice things you said about my place. I know you don't take any of these poo-talkers seriously, you are too smart for that.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Derrick

I agree Ryan and Lunch Lady!!! Rap is a good person, so is lunch lady and Ryan Eashoo.

Al and Michael Moore need to move away!

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
You said it, Ryan.

Hey Rapunzel, thanks for the nice things you said about my place. I know you don't take any of these poo-talkers seriously, you are too smart for that.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:52 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Hey RAP....
Im always willing to "put up" as you say including the Whaley Childrens Home and the Flint Boys and Girls Club when it moved a few years back to the old Sobey School. Have also donated to the Kearsley park improvement fund a few years back. I bet you I do more for the children of Flint then 99% of the citizens of Flint.
Give me a name of a small nonprofit foster care agency in Flint that assists foster families with special needs children. How bout a clothing bank for foster children? The check will be in the mail by the end of the work day! I challenge all the regulars on this site to do that same! I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is....Is anyone else on here?
You see....one thing you might not know is my wife and I run a therapurtic foster home and take in hard to place children. We have had dozens of Maine's most difficult children over the past 10 years and my wife runs an emergency clothes bank out of our house for kids that are taken into custody and have nothing but the clothes on their backs.
I know...I know.. some people precieve me as this tough hard nosed jerk who speaks my mind, and yeah, and I wear the badge proudly but the second layer is a genuine person who cares deeply about the future of the children of Flint.
I'll put my stick away for now, but have no problem breaking it out anytime I see fit! LATER!!!!!

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:07 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Derrick schreef:
I agree Ryan and Lunch Lady!!! Rap is a good person, so is lunch lady and Ryan Eashoo.

Al and Michael Moore need to move away!

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
You said it, Ryan.

Hey Derrick......I think we have both moved away!
Isnt Ryan and Michael Mooore the same person anyway?

PS...someone changed the name of this entry....wasnt me!

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:15 pm 
kaypurdue

quote:
gotogirl schreef:
Hi! I'm new and just started reading these and I want to share something. I agree with a lot of what everyone says but disagree with the mean attitudes which think just makes things worse. I live outside of Flint but work in Flint and stopped shopping anywhere in Flint because everytime I went out people rammed into you, shut doors on you, had dirty looks on their faces and I was so sad and frustred by the time I finished I could hardly stand it. I started going to Lapeer and the biggest thing I noticed is that everywhere I went I heard "excuse me", "thank you" and just basic manners and respect for others. It doesn't matter if you are a single parent, married, your income level, education level or anthing else. EVERYONE can teach their children manners and respect for others. Instead of feeling you can treat everyone how you want because they "owe" you, treat them how you would like them to treat you. Your children are watching and it carries over to them.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I'm a newbie too and I'm sure I'll be flamed, but...

I totally agree with you. A little kindness goes a long way, and that has to start early on. Nowhere is that more needed than in Flint, except maybe Detroit. Of course it's not going to happen overnight, but if we can learn to respect each other a little more, that would at least be a small start towards the path of healing the wounds caused by racism and GM.

I'm not sure yet whether this old town will make it back from the brink of destruction, but I am willing to give it a chance.
Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:59 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Come on Kay....what fantasy world are you living in. "its not going to happen overnight"(??)
Thats an understatement if Ive ever heard one....Give me a break!
What do you mean "brink of destruction?" If any town has had it worse then Flint in the past 30 years, I want to hear about it. Flint isnt on the brink of destruction, it was destructed years ago sister! You know it, I know it and the city of Flint knows it!
When are people going to start dealing with the truth?

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:20 pm 
Dortpimp
F L I N T O I D

THAT WAS ALL NICE AND SUGARCOATED GOTOGIRL......BUT WHAT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO IN FLINT IS THE ONE THING YOU FAILED TO MENTION.....HATE....RACIAL HATE....THE HATRED THAT BLACKS HAVE FOR WHITES AND THE HATE THAT WHITES HAVE FOR BLACKS. ONE THING YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT YOUR COMMON FLINT BLACK PERSON BLAMES THEIR ILLS ON WHITEY AND THE UNCLE AND AUNTIE WHITEY BLAME THE DARKIES FOR RUNNING THIS TOWN INTO THE GROUND.

Sure the city is going through some tumultous times, but what does race have to do with it? I wasn't aware that we were in the midst of a race war here? Its not a black vs. white thing, sorry to tell you. We've got people who care and people who don't, period. There's a lot of hard-working, honest people, with morals and values (of every race) in the city that you failed to consider. We're gonna bring this city back whatever it takes. Its folks like you who dwell on the negative who think that Flint is a lost cause.

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:04 am 
Dortpimp
F L I N T O I D

I HOPE THOSE E-MAILERS WALLOW IN THE HELL THEY HELPED CREATE IN FLINT. WHY MUST YOU FORCE ME TO BRING OUT THE REALITY STICK OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN?[/quote]

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Al, but you reap what you sow. Keep your "reality stick" to yourself, someone may be tempted to shove it where the sun doesn't shine Shocked

turn off the caps it isn't good for your heatlh to be angry all the time

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:17 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dortpimp schreef:
I HOPE THOSE E-MAILERS WALLOW IN THE HELL THEY HELPED CREATE IN FLINT. WHY MUST YOU FORCE ME TO BRING OUT THE REALITY STICK OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news Al, but you reap what you sow. Keep your "reality stick" to yourself, someone may be tempted to shove it where the sun doesn't shine Shocked

turn off the caps it isn't good for your heatlh to be angry all the time[/quote]

Come on Mr. Pimp....You must not know me or something!
I am reaping what I sow....far away from Flint. Very proud of that as a matter of fact.
Dont be threatening violence Mr. Pimp. With a fake name like that, you might reap what YOU sow! Catch my drift?

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:23 am 
Dortpimp
F L I N T O I D

Come on Mr. Pimp....You must not know me or something!
I am reaping what I sow....far away from Flint. Very proud of that as a matter of fact.
Dont be threatening violence Mr. Pimp. With a fake name like that, you might reap what YOU sow! Catch my drift?[/quote]

come on I'm probably the most non-violent person on here, besides it looks like yo' momma already beat the tar out of you with the ugly stick already!

No I don't know you don't really want you to fill in me either, go be a sourpuss troll someplace else

Post Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:35 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: