FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Man, what happened to FlintTalk and Why does Flint Suck?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rapunzel

"How about a group effort to save the children of Flint? "

After all of that thread one important statement.

Words without action is just hot air.

What have you done lately?
Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:39 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

I know I do my fair share for children in my community. I know for a fact that my children grow up in a safe, happy, tolerant community where all people look out for each other. I do my part as a parent......wish parents in my hometown could say the same.
Aint a snowballs chance in hell I would want to raise my kids in Flint. Parents need to do whats best for their children and raising them in Flint and sending them to Flint schools is not the answer.
You want the best for the children of Flint??? Move them from the streets of Flint! Bottm line, thats the only answer.
Its time to face FACTS....people have been trying to save Flint for the past 30 years, ever since the fall of GM started. You take one small step forward and them something happens and you not only take 2 steps back...Flint tumbles right off the face of the earth.
The lowlifes who are running the streets with gang violence, drugs, prostitution, intimidation and senseless murders dont care about revitalizing Flint.....the citizens of Flint keep electing people who only have their self image in mind.
It still blows my mind that a city like Flint, with as many financial problems as it has, pays the mayor and city council over a quarter MILLION dollars a year for representation. Lets pay them $25 a meeting and see if they will run for office.....I think not!
Anybody other then Ryan Eashoo ready for that reality stick yet?
When are people just going to get it? Evil or Very Mad

Post Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:56 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Well, I think there is still a lot going on, just people are really busy right now improving Flint Al.

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Man, this site has died out rather quickly. Nothing good to argue about? Sure there must be some type of drive by shooting, or an entire family dealing drugs out of their Lumina on the east side or something!! Some one throw an old dog a bone please! Isnt it about time for Jackie Poplar to commit a new ferderal crime or something? Hasnt Ethan Gonzales bought a new sweater thats a couple sizes to small? Give me something to work with people...come on now!

Come on Ryan.....people have been saying that for the past 30 years or so!
Maybe its time you got slapped with the reality stick.
When are people going to realize that a few things need to happen before anything gets better in Flint and Im not talking about 20,000 jobs, though that would help.
How bout electing some judges that are tough on crime, enough of the little slap on the wrist.. How bout throwing out the mayor and his ward puppets? How about electing people that might actually do something and not pay them $20,000 to become local career politicans. How about parents caring enough to teach kids right and wrong and not hate others simply because they might be different. Flint breeds HATE...bottom line.
Yeah, its all nice and well that some people might want to save some old buildings or something like that. How about a group effort to save the children of Flint?

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I agree with you 110%, but until people start being so damn complacent things will never change. People just keep voting for the same people, and nobody runs against these people. We need change and choices!! People need to get off their butts and get involved, vote, volunteer.

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Well, I think there is still a lot going on, just people are really busy right now improving Flint Al.

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
Man, this site has died out rather quickly. Nothing good to argue about? Sure there must be some type of drive by shooting, or an entire family dealing drugs out of their Lumina on the east side or something!! Some one throw an old dog a bone please! Isnt it about time for Jackie Poplar to commit a new ferderal crime or something? Hasnt Ethan Gonzales bought a new sweater thats a couple sizes to small? Give me something to work with people...come on now!

Come on Ryan.....people have been saying that for the past 30 years or so!
Maybe its time you got slapped with the reality stick.
When are people going to realize that a few things need to happen before anything gets better in Flint and Im not talking about 20,000 jobs, though that would help.
How bout electing some judges that are tough on crime, enough of the little slap on the wrist.. How bout throwing out the mayor and his ward puppets? How about electing people that might actually do something and not pay them $20,000 to become local career politicans. How about parents caring enough to teach kids right and wrong and not hate others simply because they might be different. Flint breeds HATE...bottom line.
Yeah, its all nice and well that some people might want to save some old buildings or something like that. How about a group effort to save the children of Flint?

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
gotogirl

Hi! I'm new and just started reading these and I want to share something. I agree with a lot of what everyone says but disagree with the mean attitudes which think just makes things worse. I live outside of Flint but work in Flint and stopped shopping anywhere in Flint because everytime I went out people rammed into you, shut doors on you, had dirty looks on their faces and I was so sad and frustred by the time I finished I could hardly stand it. I started going to Lapeer and the biggest thing I noticed is that everywhere I went I heard "excuse me", "thank you" and just basic manners and respect for others. It doesn't matter if you are a single parent, married, your income level, education level or anthing else. EVERYONE can teach their children manners and respect for others. Instead of feeling you can treat everyone how you want because they "owe" you, treat them how you would like them to treat you. Your children are watching and it carries over to them.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.
Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:01 am 
Bo Bo

quote:
gotogirl schreef:
Hi! I'm new and just started reading these and I want to share something. I agree with a lot of what everyone says but disagree with the mean attitudes which think just makes things worse. I live outside of Flint but work in Flint and stopped shopping anywhere in Flint because everytime I went out people rammed into you, shut doors on you, had dirty looks on their faces and I was so sad and frustred by the time I finished I could hardly stand it. I started going to Lapeer and the biggest thing I noticed is that everywhere I went I heard "excuse me", "thank you" and just basic manners and respect for others. It doesn't matter if you are a single parent, married, your income level, education level or anthing else. EVERYONE can teach their children manners and respect for others. Instead of feeling you can treat everyone how you want because they "owe" you, treat them how you would like them to treat you. Your children are watching and it carries over to them.

FLINT SUCKS!
Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:16 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
gotogirl schreef:

THAT WAS ALL NICE AND SUGARCOATED GOTOGIRL......BUT WHAT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO IN FLINT IS THE ONE THING YOU FAILED TO MENTION.....HATE....RACIAL HATE....THE HATRED THAT BLACKS HAVE FOR WHITES AND THE HATE THAT WHITES HAVE FOR BLACKS. ONE THING YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT YOUR COMMON FLINT BLACK PERSON BLAMES THEIR ILLS ON WHITEY AND THE UNCLE AND AUNTIE WHITEY BLAME THE DARKIES FOR RUNNING THIS TOWN INTO THE GROUND. AFTER SHOWING A LITTLE PROMISE IN THE 60'S WITH THE SO CALLED "MOVEMENT", THINGS STARTED GOING DOWN HILL JUST AS GENERAL MOTORS STARTED THEIR DOWNFALL. THATS WHEN PARENTS OF ALL COLORS STARTED TEACHING THEIR CHILDREN (MY GENERATION) TO HATE OTHERS SIMPLY BASED ON THE COLOR OF ONES SKIN.
IM SURE DOZENS OF EYES ARE ROLLING JUST READING MY COMMENTS BUT YOU ALL KNOW ITS TRUE....AM I BITTER?? HELL YEAH!! CANT YOU TELL? IVE BEEN BITTER EVER SINCE I REALIZED THAT IF I EVER WANT TO RAISE A FAMILY, HAVE HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND WELL EDUCATED KIDS, A GOOD JOB AND SAFE STREETS, I HAD TO LEAVE THE TOWN I LOVE. I KNEW IT COULDNT BE DONE IN MY HOMETOWN, THE PLACE I LOVED GROWING UP IN....YEAH, IM BITTER. I DID WHAT WAS BEST FOR ME AND MY FUTURE. KEEP YOUR NASTY E-MAILS TO YOURSELF. I HOPE THOSE E-MAILERS WALLOW IN THE HELL THEY HELPED CREATE IN FLINT. WHY MUST YOU FORCE ME TO BRING OUT THE REALITY STICK OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN?

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:17 pm 
FlintStone2007
F L I N T O I D

Gosh AL I see a little of anti black feelings in your postings too. Are you afraid of da black man?
Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:31 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintStone2007 schreef:
Gosh AL I see a little of anti black feelings in your postings too. Are you afraid of da black man?

I didn't see any....he told it like he sees it; distrust blacks AND whites have for each other. So what else is new. He mentions both, but in terms that HE doesn't feel that way. He is characterizing general sentiments to non-specific groups of people.

Funny you only picked-up an "anti-black" sentiment, does that mean you are equally blind to anti-white sentiment?

As far as Al's post go, first, Al, please turn off the caps. I know you did it intentionally to provide the emphasis of "I'm shouting here"...but its difficult to read.

Second, as candid as you are, may I suggest that you do need to address the bitterness. Its not an issue of validity, you are certainly free to have those feelings, ie; you "earned" them. But.

Its counter-productive. Both for you..."all those negative waves Moriarity"...don't want you on blood pressure medicine or kicking the cat when you get home.

And to the community here. Really. Nothing positive is going to happen here because you rant and rave.

Also, responding to thoughtless posts or trolls in a similar thoughless manner does nothing. The recipient is either going to respond in kind, or if it was intentional, feel mission accomplished.

People who want to actually engage in serious dialogue on forums like this aren't going to respond or treat seriously inputs from the kiddies and bomb-throwers.

Just my 2 cents.

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:27 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Right on Biggie,
I stopped responding to Al's posts long ago, he is like a broken record.
Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:08 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

I enjoy reading Al's responses..........and I agree: His bitterness is obvious.

I could be wrong, and often am, but my intuition tells me that part of his "bite" is rooted in an inferiority complex, i.e: "I feel great about myself because I got out of Flint, and I wish all those people that made fun of me in my childhood could see me now."

Just my 2 harsh cents

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:14 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

Not sure who to respond to first. Those were some interesting statements Biggie....Correct me if Im wrong but I think you are somewhat agreeing with me. As you know, I wear my bitterness on my sleeve almost like a badge of honor or something. I guess thats better then living in denial like some people?!?
I found Lunchladys resonse somewhat strange. Though I heard through the grapevine, the foods not half bad.
As far as JBToolFist.....sounds like you might be another person who might of known me 20 years ago but yet is afraid to reviel who you really are. No inferiority complex here. Just your average Joe who grew up on the eastside. Dont need to defend myself for who I was when I lived in Flint.
Do I feel good about myself?...YEAH...is part of the reason I feel good about myself because I left Flint?? HELL YEAH!!! I keep in contact with dozens and dozens of people I went to high school with, several still in Flint and several who have moved on. 100% of all the people I know who have moved out of Flint are realitively successful. Good jobs, happy families, safe neighborhoods, they have moved on to better themselves, I have friends in Flint that have gone to jail, on welfare, 2 friends that stay at home with their parents, a couple who have OD'd, one who commited suicide, know a few who have drug and alcohol problems.
These are only stories that I know about or have heard from other friends.
Bottom line is anyone who moves out of Flint, their life instantly gets better in one way or another from that point on. Thats the first step.
No one made fun of me as a kid as you say, but if they did.....having the last laugh in Utopia is so much better.
I'll put my stick away and let you ponder that for a moment!

Last edited by Al Garcia on Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:15 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Al,

Never met you before. Never heard of you until Flinttalk. I never turn down the opportunity to meet new people, but I have a feeling you'd keep my interest for about 30 seconds.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

Post Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:36 pm 
rapunzel

"No one made fun of me as a kid as you say, but if they did.....having the last laugh in Utopia is so much better.
I'll put my stick away and let you ponder that for a moment!" quote from ALGI.

Can think of two places on yourself where you can put your stick away! If Utopia is so grand you should quit wasting your time on people with the fortitude to stick around and and make a positive difference in Flint.

Lunchlady is Right! Not strange that she knows better than waste her time responding to your same old song and dance. She runs an excellent business downtown. The food and atmosphere in her resturant is the best ( not half bad is an understatement).

Suggestion Al...Put up or Shut Up! If you must keep deriding those who stay in Flint while on your FED dime.. donate some of your Fed $ earned cash to a worthwhile effort back home. Do something positive instead of complain? complain, complain 'sorry record stuck.

through USDOJ you could donate to one of the Flint Weed and Seed Safe - Havens like the Boys and Girls Club or Big Brothers Big Sisters...hey we could always use some matching funds. Donate to PSN or Project Sentry.

Otherwise try to find some friends in your Utopia.

Peace,
RAP
Post Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:54 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rapunzel schreef:
"No one made fun of me as a kid as you say, but if they did.....having the last laugh in Utopia is so much better.
I'll put my stick away and let you ponder that for a moment!" quote from ALGI.

Can think of two places on yourself where you can put your stick away! If Utopia is so grand you should quit wasting your time on people with the fortitude to stick around and and make a positive difference in Flint.

Lunchlady is Right! Not strange that she knows better than waste her time responding to your same old song and dance. She runs an excellent business downtown. The food and atmosphere in her resturant is the best ( not half bad is an understatement).

Suggestion Al...Put up or Shut Up! If you must keep deriding those who stay in Flint while on your FED dime.. donate some of your Fed $ earned cash to a worthwhile effort back home. Do something positive instead of complain? complain, complain 'sorry record stuck.

through USDOJ you could donate to one of the Flint Weed and Seed Safe - Havens like the Boys and Girls Club or Big Brothers Big Sisters...hey we could always use some matching funds. Donate to PSN or Project Sentry.

Otherwise try to find some friends in your Utopia.

Peace,
RAP

Well said RAP, Nothing is more annoying than people taking advantage of the FLINT reputation to make themselves look "tough"...........i.e........"I'm BAD, I'm from FLINT.......but I live in ________ now."

People who truly care about Flint, never left!

Post Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:25 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: