FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: city golf courses

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dortpimp
F L I N T O I D

Who else frequents the city golf courses? They're one of the best things we've got going in the city IMO. gotta love it definatley flint's best kept secret.

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:35 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I plan to play this summer, Steve from Gear Grinders, said the courses are pretty good..

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
The Mole
F L I N T O I D

Don't count on the courses being that great this year. The mayor hasn't approved their budget yet so they haven't spent a dime one on them this year.

Leagues are dropping like flies, especially out at Swartz Creek, because of the lack of restaurant. Many of the usual outings have also opted to move to other courses.

A definite opening date has not even set for any of them.
Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:46 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
The Mole schreef:
Don't count on the courses being that great this year. The mayor hasn't approved their budget yet so they haven't spent a dime one on them this year.

Leagues are dropping like flies, especially out at Swartz Creek, because of the lack of restaurant. Many of the usual outings have also opted to move to other courses.

A definite opening date has not even set for any of them.

sounds like the mayor's dropped another turd in the punch bowl with his handling of the bar/food service at SWC course. heard he screwed a good vendor in order to give it to a buddy of his.

That is his typical MO; People should see that by now; He really doesn't do things to enrich himself directly, as most political leaders who run afoul of corruption do. His thing is to amass power, not necessarily money, by getting more and more people allied and beholden to him. Eventually it gives him access to more favors...like boons to be granted by the nobility of old. I think its his ego that he is enriching, that motivates him to do things.

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:22 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I like the driving range on Dort Hwy. It's amazing how cheap our par three course is. I think it's only like $5

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:52 pm 
Cutt N. Grass

Does anyone know how or if the thousands of dollars of landscaping equipment, that the mayor pushed for (and the council approved) last year, is being used?

It's time to get the courses ready to not be used.
Post Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:41 am 
jacksonmin

Once upon a time we had a parks department and a parks director who knew something about parks. And, we had a golf division in that department, run by -- of all things -- a golf pro! The courses were well kept and well run. The director even worked with environmental groups to reduce pollution and to enhance wild-life habitat.
Moreover, the courses paid for themselves! (Swartz Creek - 17 holes and Kearsley Lake - 18 holes - subsidized the two small courses, Pierce and Mott, but - combined - the courses paid for themselves.) Leagues lined up to play; individual season passes were very popular; and, of great importance in a city starved for recreational activities for young people, the youth passes (for mornings) were great. In addition, the Flint Junior Golf Association taught lots of kids and held great competitions.
THIS MAYOR has pretty much destroyed these great City assets.[/b]
Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:32 am 
jacksonmin

Whoops! In the previous post, I had a typo. Swartz Creek has 27 holes!
Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:36 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: