FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Purchase Permit, City of Flint

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
delaveishi
F L I N T O I D

The other day I went to the FPD to get two purchase permits. According to the website it is $2 and a 24hr wait period. Upon getting there I was told its a week wait and $5. I was more concerned with the contradictory information than I was the additional $3. The county I lived in prior required me to go to the Sheriff Department, take a test, fill out some papers and I was on my way within 20 minutes. Has anyone been through this process lately? Possibly someone knows why the information I was given varied from their site?

Below is directly from FPD

"There is a $5.00 charge at the time of application. You will need a valid picture I.D. There is a 24-hour wait while your record is being checked. In most cases you will be able to pick up your purchase permit the next day. Prior felony arrest disposition checks may take longer. If you have been convicted of a felony or have shown a propensity for violence or assaultive behavior, your permit application may be denied. The fee is not refundable.

PER STATE STATUTE, WE ARE NO LONGER PERMITTED TO CHARGE THE $5.00 FEE FOR THE PROCESSING OF A PURCHASE PERMIT. WE ARE, HOWEVER, ALLOWED TO CHARGE A $2.00 FEE FOR THE NOTARY SERVICE REQUIRED FOR ALL PURCHASE PERMITS."
Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:31 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Please see: http://www.gcsdmi.com/records_division_ccw.htm
Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:28 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: