FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Crime common element?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Hello,
Not a resident here but visiting my mother that lives here. Truly shocked by the crime that goes on here. At the risk of being censored by the moderators I must ask is there a common element in the bulk of the crimes, both victim and criminal?

Thanks,
Pan8
Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:34 pm 
liontamer
F L I N T O I D

I'd say that revenge and robbery are the most common motive for shootings.
Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:01 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Add to that gangs fighting over drug territory.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Of course , being under the watch of the PC Police these days, we can't say the overriding thing that is common with 99.9% of the violence in Flint ( and pretty much any "urban" setting ) across the nation. Anyone care to take a stab at what I am talking about?
Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:41 am 
insider
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

Of course , being under the watch of the PC Police these days, we can't say the overriding thing that is common with 99.9% of the violence in Flint ( and pretty much any "urban" setting ) across the nation. Anyone care to take a stab at what I am talking about?

The same exact thing the OP was hinting at... black on black crime.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:21 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Then let's look at the theory that blacks are committing the bulk of the crime in "America's most deadly city." One would have to question why? Hope no one's feelings get hurt here. Any thoughts? I grew up in Detroit during the 50s and don't remember the violence we are seeing today. What' changed? Are whites equally responsible?

Just wondering and making plans to move my 87 year old mother the Hell out of here.

Pan8
Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:24 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:
Then let's look at the theory that blacks are committing the bulk of the crime in "America's most deadly city." One would have to question why? Hope no one's feelings get hurt here. Any thoughts? I grew up in Detroit during the 50s and don't remember the violence we are seeing today. What' changed? Are whites equally responsible?

Just wondering and making plans to move my 87 year old mother the Hell out of here.

Pan8

Pan8, please, move that woman out of Flint! Do it now! Do it with all speed. I don't care if a old person is White, Black or Asian or anything in-between, Flint is NOT the place for old or older folks to be living. They are sitting ducks in Flint. No cops on the streets=nobody to respond to emergency calls . Sell a kidney, bootleg DVD's , run numbers but get that 87 year old woman out of the sights of the pimps, drug dealers and scum of that city. Don't even attempt to talk about why Blacks are seemingly more like to do commit crimes , you will be branded as a racist and if they find out who you really are you are likely to get harassed by the punks and by the public official alike . Hell, the Urinal stopped giving descriptions of suspects long ago because that was considered to be racist. So all the paper states is the clothing the suspects were wearing instead of what the suspects looks like . Nothing will change in Flint until people can actually engage in honest dialoge but we know that isn't going to happen . Well it may happen but then there will be ice skating in Hades.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:07 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Not a racists person. Just trying to understand and have inteligent dialogue here. No, not an old cracker white guy and in fact have more Mexican blood in me than white. Shame we as a society can't speak our minds without being branded.
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:45 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
pan8 schreef:
Not a racists person. Just trying to understand and have inteligent dialogue here. No, not an old cracker white guy and in fact have more Mexican blood in me than white. Shame we as a society can't speak our minds without being branded.

It is a shame. I blame the squid for brains, touchy feely butt wipes in the Universities myself. Want to see some real serious reactions Pan? Just talk about stopping the 7-11 million dollars PER DAY the U.S hands over to Israel. If you advance that idea you will be called all kinds of names. "Nazi" , "Neo-Nazi" ( as if being a Nazi at all could be justified by anyone) and 'Holocaust Denier" . But since this is Flint Talk, I will stick with more pertinent issues connected to race and the city of Flint. Race is a big issue in Flint. Some people say that isn't the case elsewhere in the United States but I have doubts to that. Blacks , being a LARGE population of Flint, do commit around 90% of the crime in Flint. Simply stated. Makes sense to most rational and intelligent people, correct? Nope! The brain trust that runs things in this country make excuses for Blacks killing each other. I look at this way, if I was a minority , being hammered on by the "majority" I would certainly not turn on my own people. Would you? I suspect you wouldn't . I can see pointing out how people would feel somewhat powerless. I can understand the explanation of why the Blacks suffer "economic disenfranchisement ". I just think the eggheads , by trying to explain "Black -on-Black" lose my respect when they state those as reasons as to why Blacks commit the bulk of violent crimes against one another. I don't think Blacks are stupid. I don't think that Blacks are like dogs and revert to "displaced aggression" ( ever see two dogs , both barking at a target neither can get to , and then they turn on each other? That's an example of "displaced aggression) . And to offer that up as a reason seems shockingly arrogant and racist in itself to me. But that is just an observation of old cracker White guy, so take it as that.
Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:00 pm 
liontamer
F L I N T O I D

Whaaaat?
Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:03 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

70% of black babies born out of wedlock, 50% Mexican and 30% for white. 60% of the u.s. prison population black while blacks account for 12% of total u.s. population. Astounding! No?

I feel this country offers a multitude of opportunity for those willing to get educated, work hard and exhibit self reliance, self direction, and discipline.

I feel the leaders in the black community may be pushing the wrong agenda. 50 cent, snoop dog, and any other number of "ghetto" rap artists.

proliferation of the welfare state is killing this country. Break down of the family unit is killing this country and the mind set of "I'm a victim" is killing this country.

God help us all, black, brown and white. I mentioned God, hope I don't get censored!

Pan8
Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:56 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: