FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

Home Open Chat Political Talk  Flint Journal Political Jokes The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: Christianity, Islam, Judaism
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Pan 8, American's of African decent can never let go of the past until we get complete equality in everyday life. We're not asking anyone to give us anything but a fair playing field of which whites are very reluctant to share. How can we be equal when we were held in bondage for 5OO years, Kidnapped in chains from the African Continent. Made to give up our freedom's, families, heritage, values, cultures denied basic humanity, raped, hanged, beaten, sold for the benefit of white enrichment of this nation. How can in good conscious can anyone expect a race of people to have equality when we as a people have only been free of forced bondage for 135 years and only were able to vote in the last 46 years. Are still denied quality education, housing, jobs, healthcare. Whites are the beneficiares of America's racist past ". This excuse by so many white's that they themselves didn't have anything to do with slavery may be true but they are still the beneficiaries of wealth and power. Pan 8 as usual you try to change the topic matter and inject conversations that are not revelant to the topic. The topic is Christianity, Islam, Judaism. I will not respond to anything more that does not specifically address that topic. Ronald Barry Robinson
Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:25 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ronald barry robinson schreef:
The topic is Christianity, Islam, Judaism. I will not respond to anything more that does not specifically address that topic. Ronald Barry Robinson

Sorry Mr. rbr but if you care to look at your post 2 posts prior you shall see the you injected racism into this conversation. My family came to the states by way of England, Ireland, Canada and then into Detroit during 1923 and had nothing to do with your slaves in bondage.

Now if my education serves me correctly I think you will find that those sold into bondage were sold by African tribes that had taken prisoners from battle with other tribes. In other words, blacks sold other blacks into slavery. Yes, Europeans provided the transportation and America provided the markets.

You must have gone to public school!

Pan8
Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:43 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Whites are the beneficiares of America's racist past ". This excuse by so many white's that they themselves didn't have anything to do with slavery may be true but they are still the beneficiaries of wealth and power.

Interesting. Then how might you account for the successes of Ophra, Bill Cosby, Neil deGrassie Tyson, Condoleezza Rice, Secretary General Powell. Should I continue? Oh, I almost forgot our Commander in Chief.

Sorry, I do not subscribe to any of your theory but do believe in the virtues of hard work and education and not seeing one's self as a victim.

Well, maybe the above mention are all "Uncle Toms."

Get with the plan Mr. rbr and realize that if people continue to live in the past they will never progress into the future.

Pan8
Post Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pan 8, American's of African decent can never let go of the past until we get complete equality in everyday life. We're not asking anyone to give us anything but a fair playing field of which whites are very reluctant to share. How can we be equal when we were held in bondage for 5OO years, Kidnapped in chains from the African Continent. Made to give up our freedom's, families, heritage, values, cultures denied basic humanity, raped, hanged, beaten, sold for the benefit of white enrichment of this nation. How can in good conscious can anyone expect a race of people to have equality when we as a people have only been free of forced bondage for 135 years and only were able to vote in the last 46 years. Are still denied quality education, housing, jobs, healthcare. Whites are the beneficiares of America's racist past ". This excuse by so many white's that they themselves didn't have anything to do with slavery may be true but they are still the beneficiaries of wealth and power. Pan 8 as usual you try to change the topic matter and inject conversations that are not revelant to the topic. The topic is Christianity, Islam, Judaism. I will not respond to anything more that does not specifically address that topic. Ronald Barry Robinson

Aren't white people's power and wealth almost gone save for a select few? Seems like we're becoming broke equals with places like the north end of Flint and inner city Detroit leading our nation.
Obama and/or the next Republicrat president needs to figure how to put people back to work and increase bondage fees (taxes) so we can pay off the bankers.
Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:45 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ronald, Life isn't fair. why don't you try growing up White in Flint Schools and see how you're treated by the system. When is equality equal? When you can treat people the way your forefathers were treated? What becomes equal enough for you? When is it? when you can own slaves and then three generations later they receive racial preference is it then going to be equal in your eyes? So when whites receive racial preference then you'll be happy? Then you'll know you've finally made it? C'mpn what's it going to take?
Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:01 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
pan8
F L I N T O I D

I learned some time back that liberals can not debate the issues and when the libs realize this they either resort to name calling or it becomes the playground "well if I can't be pitcher then I will take my ball and go home" mentality.

The races are equal now thanks to any number of programs and government intervention and this is good that the playing field has been leveled. The "poverty pimps" jackson and sharpton will continue to hate and divide because the hate mentality keeps them in power.

Mr. rbr needs to move into the future and get off his pity pot.

Pan8
Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:56 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:

Every year I hear this cant the numbers of the years of slavery goes up by a 100 years. Soon it will be 1000 years and rising fast!
You , RBR, are also a recipient of the benefits of the awful white man's world . I assume you have a car, a house with heating in the winter, a refridgerator, stove of some sort and for certain you have access to a computer. All products of these white man's world RBR. Listen , Africa is still there, you can move back anytime you want to head back, nobody will try to talk you out of it . And where in the world has ANYONE been totally equal in opprtunities RBR? NO WHERE! Blacks in the rest of the world would change places with you in a instant RBR.
Post Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:03 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

Mr. rbr would not like Africa. Too much racism with white farmers being killed and their farm land stolen. But then again maybe Mr. rbr might like that. He needs to grow up and understand just how good American blacks and Americans of all colors have it!!

Pan8
Post Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:21 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: