FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: Christianity, Islam, Judaism
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

If one is to believe in religion rather its Christianity, Islam, Judaism or any religion that derives itself from any of the three main religions practiced regardless of name. For example Christ, Lord, Jesus, God, Jehovah,Yahweh etc, etc, they all refer back to a omnipotent, omnipresent mythical entity called "GOD". Which would make all religions connected but practiced separately. I would encourage all people to study this mystic entity called phenomenalism. First, let me state I'm not a religious scholar nor am I an atheist. With that said all this clamor about building a Islamic structure two blocks from the world trade center is ridiculous. It's not hollowed ground its prime real estate that could make some developer millions of dollars. This controversy has nothing to do with that horrible tragedy of 9/11. It's just more racists smoke and mirrors orchestrated against the religion of Islam and muslim's of which I'm neither to continue the practice of separatism rather it be religion or ethno's.We as a nation should embrace one another instead of constantly trying to separate for personal gain/ causes and using religion as the divider.
Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:51 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

***I would encourage all people to study this mystic entity called phenomenalism.****

http://www.philosophyonline.co.uk/tok/knowledge10.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenomenalism

Um...dude, good luck with that. A hell of a lot of Christians have a hard time dealing with what Jesus spoke of in his Sermon on the Mount. That's why there are 33k different Christian denominations in the US alone...and they are all freakin' right....

The three Abrahamic religions will never get along...you think 2010 years we're gonna start thinkin' differently? Hell no.....Let alone get around the philosophy of phenomenalism?

Sure you are not thinking about panentheism? Good God, where's the excedrin?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panentheism
Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:15 pm 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ronald barry robinson schreef:
We as a nation should embrace one another instead of constantly trying to separate for personal gain/ causes and using religion as the divider.

Wait a minute, I do believe you are making sense. I have been saying for years that diversity has done nothing but destroy this Nation from within. I say do away with diversity and affirmative action and let us look at each other only as Americans!!

Good point Mr. ronald barry robinson.

Pan8
out and about
Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:27 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
If one is to believe in religion rather its Christianity, Islam, Judaism or any religion that derives itself from any of the three main religions practiced regardless of name. For example Christ, Lord, Jesus, God, Jehovah,Yahweh etc, etc, they all refer back to a omnipotent, omnipresent mythical entity called "GOD". Which would make all religions connected but practiced separately. I would encourage all people to study this mystic entity called phenomenalism. First, let me state I'm not a religious scholar nor am I an atheist. With that said all this clamor about building a Islamic structure two blocks from the world trade center is ridiculous. It's not hollowed ground its prime real estate that could make some developer millions of dollars. This controversy has nothing to do with that horrible tragedy of 9/11. It's just more racists smoke and mirrors orchestrated against the religion of Islam and muslim's of which I'm neither to continue the practice of separatism rather it be religion or ethno's.We as a nation should embrace one another instead of constantly trying to separate for personal gain/ causes and using religion as the divider.

Once again Ronald is inserting racism where it has no place. Islam is a religion of many people, it has practioners of ALL races. There are Muslims in Middle East, China,Agfahnistan and in Central and Eastern Europe. I don't like the ideas of Islam, I find it to be backwards and intolerant. That isn't RACISM Ronald,it is having an awareness of what Muslims teach and think.
Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:45 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

To one pissedoffguy. I can't refrain myself any longer your response/rational borders on idiocy. Read what I wrote thoroughly. Nowhere in my message was there any hint of RACISM as I don't live my life in the negative and I don't associate with negative thinking people. I find goodness in most people that I meet regardless of Color, Religion, sexual orientation. Your characterization of Islam as bad because of the horrors orchestrated by a few are unfounded and you are not educated enough on world religion to know the difference. I would suggest that you study Islam before you run off with diarrhea at the mouth spouting non truths. In my opinion its people like you that are narrow minded and are the true RACISTS of this nation usually because of lack of education. What group of people or religion have not created horrors. What religion are you?. I'm non denominational and have enough education to know what I'm talking about.

Ps onepissedoffguy If I used your analogy one could say all whites are bad because of Timothy Mcvee the white man that blew up the federal building in Oklahoma killing hundreds. Get a life
Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:17 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

It's just more racists smoke and mirrors orchestrated against the religion of Islam and muslim's of which I'm neither to continue the practice of separatism rather it be religion or ethno's.We as a nation should embrace one another instead of constantly trying to separate for personal gain/ causes and using religion as the divider.

You did insert racism into the discussion with that passage Ronald. As always you equate any opposition to anything as being "racist". That word has been tossed around SO much anymore that it is losing it's sting. Get a new word to use. You could call it chauvinism, you could call it being blinded to other possiblities. But you use the words "racist smoke and mirrors" and that is what I have issue with. I do have an education, that is why I am objecting to the use of "racists" in your posting.
Post Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:43 am 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Its people like you that twist and try to manipulate words to fit your own selfish agenda's. I will and must confront racism at all levels. This nation and this city reeks of racism. And until equality is achieved for all this word "racism" will continue to plague us. Flint,Michigan continues to be in the top 5 of the most racist city in America,Why? In my opinion its because people don't want to confront there racists views in positive manners. People want to masks there biases and prejudices instead to talking about them and coming to a positive conclusion.
Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Are you also going to address black racism, or is racism only a white thing?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Its people like you that twist and try to manipulate words to fit your own selfish agenda's. I will and must confront racism at all levels. This nation and this city reeks of racism. And until equality is achieved for all this word "racism" will continue to plague us. Flint,Michigan continues to be in the top 5 of the most racist city in America,Why? In my opinion its because people don't want to confront there racists views in positive manners. People want to masks there biases and prejudices instead to talking about them and coming to a positive conclusion.

No Ronald, it is people like you who twist words into something else. Racism is thinking a race is superior to others. Buy a dictionary and look the word up. You equate all coflicts as stemming from racism. That is untrue. All conflicts aise from differences in VALUES and perceptions but not all conflicts are racist or stem from racism.
Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:19 am 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

As I've said before people need to discuss there differences in a manner that is non-threatening to all involved. I agree that racism exists in all people if truth is to be told. As we all have different experiences from different points of views. White privilege is much different than the Black/brown/red/yellow/poor experiences. Until equality is achieved by all these concerns will continue to plague this nation. No one is asking for anyone to give anything. Whats needed is everyone must be treated equally whether educationally, economically, medically etc. etc
Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:01 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
As I've said before people need to discuss there differences in a manner that is non-threatening to all involved. I agree that racism exists in all people if truth is to be told. As we all have different experiences from different points of views. White privilege is much different than the Black/brown/red/yellow/poor experiences. Until equality is achieved by all these concerns will continue to plague this nation. No one is asking for anyone to give anything. Whats needed is everyone must be treated equally whether educationally, economically, medically etc. etc

As the often used quote says " you are entitled to your own opinion,you aren't entitled to your own facts" , I have this annoying habit of using words I heard around me and later, found in dictionaries , with the meanings typically associated with these words. I have little to take to task with this last posting, other than I think we are in for a long wait for this "equality" you make a reference to.
Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:27 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:

Which race do you think is doing the best?
Overall which race do you think has done the worst?
Could "white privelage" also be defined as white people killing each other in various wars and also how good was the "white privelage" during the depression?
Post Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:50 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Adam you didn't go back far enough in American history if you had you would have read in detail of this countries sordid and racist past in which bares the answers to your questions. Suggested reading would be your "Early American History 101" to present.
Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:53 am 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Adam you didn't go back far enough in American history if you had you would have read in detail of this countries sordid and racist past in which bares the answers to your questions. Suggested reading would be your "Early American History 101" to present.
Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:56 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

quote:

And there in is the problem Mr. rbr, let go of the past. Blacks have achieved equality. Or do you look at the POTHUS Mr. Obozo as being white? You and your down trodden brethren need to look toward the future and realize you must work hard for what you wish to achieve in life. Stop playing the jackson, sharpton "poverty pimp" (sorry Bill Cosby) game and wake up. Or maybe you would like reparations to make everything equal.

You bleeding hearts make me sick. You have no idea what real racism looks like and it sure as hell ain't on this continent!!

Pan8
Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:56 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: