FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Female "plumber's crack" and "muffin tops

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

For some time I have been noticing women and girls with low hip hugger jeans that seemed almost deformed as they appeared to have small bottoms and really thick middles.

Then summer came and I saw the answer to the riddle. These slacks only give the illusion of a small bottom and they push all of the excess up and over the top to form the "mushroom top" effect. sadly when wearing tops that are shorter. innocent bystanders are exposed to the female exposed thong and "plumber's butt cracks".

I went online looking for plumbers crack and muffin tops and there are a number of people laughing at this phenomena.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Mirror, Mirror: Jeans that put muffin tops, cracks behind you
By Elizabeth Wellington

Fashion Columnist

The proliferation of high-end denim brought with it two fashion plagues: the muffin top and its first cousin, plumber's pant.

For those of you who may not be up to fashion snuff, muffin tops are love handles that gush over too-snug waistbands and single-handedly eviscerate the sex appeal of an exposed midriff. Not cute.

Plumber's pant, equally evil, happens when an ample tush forces the waistband down, exposing the dreaded crack. Never cute.

I suffer from the latter.

That is why when I got word that three local moms had created M'Chic jeans, a surefire remedy for muffin top and related maladies, I had to check them out.

The trio stitched a band of breathable, heavy-duty sports spandex to the waistband of dark stretch denim. The result, not to be confused with maternity pants, is a pair of jeans topped with a stretchy tube.

I broke into a sweat pulling the tube-with-jeans over my ample hips. But when I smoothed the spandex over my belly, everything got sucked in. (Insert slurping sound here.) I could sit down, bend over even.

"Why should you have to be model-skinny to feel good and look good in your jeans?" asked Cheryl Williams, 39, the brain behind the britches. "Our dream is for all women to look slim and at the same time be comfortably chic."

Amen to that.

Williams got the idea to modify trousers in early 2008. After giving birth to her third child, she was feeling a little frumpy. Her then-husband - they divorced later that year - even complained about the extra pudge.

"That made me angry," Williams said. "I just had three 9-pound babies and I was running a household; it was nearly impossible for me to have a model-perfect body."

Frustrated, Williams - who is probably about a size 6, if that - tried everything to manage her mommy pooch, from uncomfortable girdles to tube tops.

Nothing worked to her liking. One day, she and friend Meredith Cole got the idea of sewing a stretchy material on some jeans from Wal-Mart. She put them on and instantly felt slimmer. Then she did the same thing with a pair of trousers. That worked, too. Williams started wearing her body-slimming pants everywhere.

But it was her father, Ken Williams, who suggested that she might have a business deal on her hands.

"The jeans made her feel so much better about herself," said her father, who lives in Mount Laurel and runs a construction business. "She had other girlfriends that were in the same boat, and I just thought it was a good idea."

Williams, a registered nurse turned stay-at-home-mom, immediately went into production mode. With about $100,000, mostly from her father, she sourced fabric and denim, and after finding a Pennsylvania-based pattern-maker, created a prototype. From there, M'Chic was born. Motto: Muffin tops are for eating, not wearing.

"Originally, I wanted to save all the moms and housewives of the world from being called fat and wavy," Williams said over Cherry Coke Zero at her Swedesboro home. Cole, 31, was there, as well as the company's third partner, Tracey Kerr, 39.

The jeans retail for $89 and range in size from extra small to double XXL. The spring line will be available in 17 boutiques along the East Coast including Finally the Perfect Gift on Route 70 in Cherry Hill.

"The customers absolutely love them," said Anna Russo, owner of Salon 365 in the northern New Jersey town of Roselle Park. Russo, who sold all but three pairs of the fall 2009 shipment, is anxiously waiting for her spring order to arrive.

"Women who have a fuller middle and those that have had children and not quite gotten rid of it feel so much more secure."

Williams had 1,000 pairs of the fall line made at a plant in the Dominican Republic, and now the business partners have 7,000 on order at a new manufacturing plant in Guatemala. In February, the trio plan to take their pink-accented presentation booth to the granddaddy of all sportswear trade shows: Magic, in Las Vegas.

There, they will introduce an expanded spring line that includes additional washes as well as a skinny-leg jean, two styles of capris, shorts, and a black tankini-style bathing suit.

I've worn my M'Chics twice, and the comfort and fit are good. The stretch denim is soft and the dark wash has a definite slimming effect. I found the faux pockets strange - I'm a pockets girl - but Williams said the faux ones make for a smoother fit. They also don't have the expected button/zipper combo - you pull these on.

And that creates one small problem. I wore my jeans the day I sat through the three-hour blockbuster Avatar. When I got up, Mother Nature hollered, and let's say it was a close call.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information about M'Chic, go to www.mchicfashion.com or call 856-981-9056.

Contact fashion writer Elizabeth Wellington at 215-854-2704 or ewellington@phillynews.com.
Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:07 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
For some time I have been noticing women and girls with low hip hugger jeans that seemed almost deformed as they appeared to have small bottoms and really thick middles.
They need to pair them with a tunic top that looks like a maternity top. Spare us the exposed rolls of flesh, male or female!
Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:31 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Bibs??? You could probably get 3 pair for the price of one pair of those jeans.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DELETED

DELETED
Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:59 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

We had our local car show up here yesterday. Some of the getups the grossly overweights had on almost made me go blind. My lord this country is over run by fatasses of all ages Shocked

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:36 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Don't they sell eye bleach up there?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dont know about eyebleach but they sell low slung hiphugger shorts and wife beater tanktops. I should have took some photos but I was worried it might fry my cameras memory card. Aint nothing like a thigh that weighs about 200 lbs with a couple of butterflys tatooed over the cellulite . Shocked My gosh im having a flashback. Shocked

Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:20 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

That's an advantage film has over digital; no memory cards to fry. Laughing Plus, a motor drive advances the melting film before it can gum up the delicate insides of the camera. Laughing Laughing
Lately, though, all I shoot is sheet film, so at worst all I'm going to lose is a $25.00 film holder.

Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:50 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Twotap, this will solve the problems you've been seeing.....
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=179589

Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:44 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: