FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: BP Protest in Flint.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rgillmi
F L I N T O I D

We went to a protest at BP tonight at the station on the corner of Dort and Court St. in Flint. It was awesome, there was so much support from people passing by. It was started by a group of local students and we stopped to learn more and they had some extra signs so we hung out for a bit. I hope to bring a bunch of people out to the next one. I will have dates and times for the next protest very soon. There was a Flint Journal photographer and reporter there so be sure to watch the paper and Mlive.com for stories about us.
http://www.facebook.com/GILLFamily.MI
Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Why are you giving the poor guy who runs the station a bad time? You think he has some bearing or responsibilty for the mess. To hear some folks you would think BP planned this to happen. If you want to protest start sending some letters, faxs, or emails to washington and ask them to explain their slow lack and total lack of response on this thing. The incompetence shown by the obama regime is unbelievable.

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:43 am 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

What about the poor business owner who runs the station and this illogical protest could put him out of business. The actual gas stations d make next to no money on gas sales, almost all on convenience store sales. Don't punish the local businesspeople who are innocent for mistakes made in Britain. This protest is illogical and hurts the wrong people. Do you really want another abandoned gas station at Court and Dort? I don't, so if your upset, write BP EXECUTIVES, don't hurt Flint small business people just trying to make a living.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:41 pm 
rgillmi
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2010/06/bp_protesters_aim_to_get_peopl.html
Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: