FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: What do you think?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Hello Flintoids!

Well, I did it and it's all official with the state. I have entered the race to become State Representative for the 34th district. I did not announce it before this because I wanted to make sure I was on the ballot before I went any further.

As some of you live in my district, I want to know what you think and what some of the most pressing issues to you guys are.

I'm currently working on my facebook page and have already posted a few issues near and dear to me.

Here are a few:

Revamping the economy- I'm still researching that, to see where I stand on proposed methods.

Part time pay for a part time job- House and Senate levels.

Dominck's Law- A bill that pertains to the brutal beating death of 4 year old Dominick Calhoun.

Transparency and fiscal responsibility- Basically, if you want my money or that of my voters, be ready to show me online in real time where you are spending it.

Propsals written in line item fashion. Giving voters the chance to eliminate unsavory items in a proposal.

Well tell me what you think guys, twotap, I know deep down you like me even though I'm not a conservative, maybe it's because I'm not a liberal either. he he he he
Post Mon May 31, 2010 9:51 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like:
Part time pay for a part time job- House and Senate levels.

Transparency and fiscal responsibility- Basically, if you want my money or that of my voters, be ready to show me online in real time where you are spending it.

Good Luck!

Post Mon May 31, 2010 10:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Steve,

The state has been making state employees who make far less than these guys and work year round take unpaid work days and reducing their pay or benefits. Put their pay on the line and see how quickly things get done. Obviously, if I am elected that would mean me too, but I'm ok with that. I still consider half their yearly pay a bargain for only working 9 months out of the year. If everyone else in this state is expected to tighten their belt, so can they. Then we shall see how many of them will run for re-election if something like that were to pass.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:10 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup, deep down I like you Lacyw Cool good luck in your bid. How is your facebook page listed? Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:28 am 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

It is listed under Lacy Wilhelm for State Representative. I don't have a picture posted yet, because I need new ones. Last week, I donated about a foot of my hair to locks of love. I'm doing some pictures with my new short hair sometime today. All my other pictures are with my long hair.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:34 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: