FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Neighborhood association near Potter School

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rgillmi
F L I N T O I D

Anyone who lives, works or attends church in the area around Potter School (Davison north to Richfield, Dort east to Center) is invited to a meeting Monday May 17 for the Potter Crime Watch, which will be exanding to a full neighborhood association is the support is there. I am looking for anyone who cares about this neighborhood to be a part of the neighborhood cleanups, beautification and safety programs that are all a part of the plan. The meeting is at 7pm at the fire station on Western at the corner of Colorado Ave.

Robert Gill
Post Tue May 04, 2010 7:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rgillmi
F L I N T O I D

I just wanted to remind all of you that our meeting is next Monday, June 21st at the Fire Station. Please take some time this week and invite any of your neighbors or friends to the meeting. If you would like some flyers to hand out, please send me a message and I will get some to you. John and I met Friday to discuss flyers and signs as well as the neighborhood cleanup. We were interviewed by Kate Cole of the East Village Magazine, who is writing an article about our group and will be covering our meetings on a monthly basis. Kate also covers the meetings of some of the other groups and can fill us in on what they are doing that can help our neighborhood. She lives in on Dexter Street here in our area and I am sure will be a great resource to our group.

We will be handing out worksheets for a neighborhood survey to compile a list of homes in the neighborhood that are becoming an eyesore. I will be able to take the list and get names, addresses and phone numbers of the owners and we can contact them about their properties. We will also be forwarding the list on to Councilman Freeman, the Genesee County Land Bank and any appropriate city officials.

I hope to see all of you and a neighbor or two next Monday for the meeting. There is some information below about the Blue Badge Program and its training session. Have a great week.

Robert Gill
810-736-2853

The city of Flint will hold a Blue Badge Patrol Volunteer Corps information session from 6 to 8 p.m. June 15 at Hurley Medical Center Main Campus Merliss Brown Auditorium, One Hurley Plaza.

The Blue Badge Patrol Volunteer Corps is now Flint's umbrella program for all volunteer based crime fighting initiatives, including police mini stations, neighborhood crime watch programs, block clubs and more.

As a member of Blue Badge, residents can volunteer at a mini station, participate in a crime watch, and help educate their neighbors about crime prevention.

The information session is being provided for residents who are interested in becoming members of Blue Badge. Residents who become members of Blue Badge will be trained in techniques to make them more effective public safety volunteers.

Training is required for all current and potential mini station volunteers and neighborhood crime watch leaders. The information session is open to all residents. However, selection into the Blue Badge Patrol Volunteer Corps will require successfully passing a background check.

The information session and training are free. Contact Dawn Jones (810) 237-2039 or dfjones@cityofflint.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it for more information.
Post Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: