FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: michigan to fianlly address bullying in school

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Mich. Buckles Down On School Bullying
Anti-Bullying Plan Could Advance In Michigan Panel

POSTED: Thursday, April 29, 2010
UPDATED: 9:33 am EDT April 29, 2010

LANSING, Mich. -- A state House committee could soon vote on legislation that would require Michigan schools to adopt anti-bullying policies.

The House Education Committee meets Thursday to consider a bill designed to better protect students from harassment.

Similar measures have been introduced by Michigan lawmakers for nearly a decade without gaining final approval and becoming state law. Supporters say the pending bills have been altered and have a better chance at passage this year.

Schools would be asked to include measures to investigate bullying complaints.

RAW: Teen Girls Fight

From Channel 4 Detroit clickondetroit
Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:17 am 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Wow, now they are doing something about bullies huh? When I was in school they didn't do anything about the bullies, so that is why me and my friends learned to fight . Nobody is better at taking care of you than yourself. Nobody cares about you but you have to care about yourself. In this life you are on your own pretty much. I tried talking to the teachers, the principals in charge of that sort of thing, got blown off by them. So I got tougher and got back at the punks. I even got teachers saying crap to me and making stupid jokes at my expense,that is why I think most educators are assholes too. My advice to school kids has always been this; there isn't anybody you can turn to, so get tough,fight back and tell the teachers off whenever you get the chance. I tell parents to back their kids up and get them karate classes and train their kids not to go the administrators or teachers because most of them are whiney little pukes who are scared of the kids themselves.
And the best advice to everyone with kids, GET THE TO HELL OUT THAT FED UP SCHOOL SYSTEM! Only thing Flint schools have produced in the past 20 years or so are dumbass basketball players and welfare mommas.
Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: