FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Water and Sewer Rates in the City

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I have been perusing the city of Flint website....

Can someone give me an estimate on what someone's sewer and water rates are for a three bedroom abode with 1 adult and three chitlins?

You don't have to tell me your bills, if you don't want to....oy. Figuring things out!!! Egads!!!

Thanks
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:32 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

2 Adults
4 children
1 dog
2 Cats

Around $60.00 per month
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Thank you more than you can ever know...sincerely!!!!!!

Figuring out budget for future move...oy.
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:38 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

stay out of flint unless u bring your own body bag, this place is getting dangerous
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:31 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Lakewoman, I would love to avoid it, but my change in lifestyle, necessitates it. Completely.....I am being completely realistic about it and can't do anything about it whatsoever....
Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:38 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Friend of mine just moved into college cultural area N. of court. Got a 4000 sg ft home for a pittance. Like he said hes gonna give it a try and if it turns out badly he should be able to recoup his investment. Of course like myself he is also well trained and prepared in survival defense techniques which is something every potential Flint resident should have. Lets face it your on your own.

Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:37 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I am beginning to feel like I am going to be the sister in law that you told me about.....sigh
Post Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:06 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Once you find yourself some new roots and maybe some new friends (as in friend) Very Happy ill bet things will start looking up in a very positive way. Flints loaded with a bunch of homes that are priced at a fraction of what they would be in the burbs ill bet their is one just waiting for you. By the way my sis in laws story had a happy ending.

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:24 am 
lacyw
F L I N T O I D

Andi,

Welcome to the 'hood. We live here too due to economic circumstances. I will say that we do have some great neighbors and people around here despite a few unsavory characters who we all would like to see gone. Personal income does not dictate character and being poor is not a crime. Please understand that when I say unsavory characters I am not implying that based on income status.

Have you found a home yet? I wish you luck and let me know when you do. If you live by me, my neighbor and friends of ours in the community usually go for walks a couple times a week. Right now we are both sick, so we haven't, but it would be a great way to meet some good people in the area.
Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:56 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Hey, twotap....I am never getting married again!!!!

Howdy Lacy!! Smile

There are a couple of places that caught my eye on the internet, one was beautifully landscaped. I know there are good and bad peeps everywhere. Smile

I don't know what financial situation I will be in, but I know that I have to save money and live below my means in case something happens with stbx's job in the auto industry. The neighborhood that I live in now, has blacks, whites, orientals, gays, I hate to lose that mix.....sigh. I want my children to know what it's like to live in a diverse neighborhood...
Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:10 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Hey, twotap....I am never getting married again!!!!

Sounds like a wise plan to me. Very Happy

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:20 am 
back again
F L I N T O I D

good luck andi. one good idea would be to drive through and around the desired neighborhood at night and peruse the action or lack of...there are lots of great homes in flint at great prices!!!

survival defense techniques Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat May 01, 2010 3:49 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I figured you would like that. By the way suggesting andi drive around flint at night and look for action is one of the dumber posts you have concocted. Laughing

Post Sat May 08, 2010 8:17 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: