FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Bob Leonard Show

Topic: 1 The Bob Leonard Show Part 1 & 2 & 3 4 & 5 &

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

This was great. His Opinion goes right along with exactly what happened. This wasn't short clips that seem to prove his opinion. This ws commenting on the whole story in context with explanations. Viable Explanations. EXCELLENT! YES Thank God the Mother was home. Bob you said it right your comments where right on the Money! Good job looking into the officers background that was excellent!

I particularly liked how Bob points out ...
NO BACK UP?
Illegal Search of Person!
Illegal Search of Property!
Illegal Arrest!
Yes Bob Keep an Eye on it!

I just wish he'd open his eyes about the Don! I cannot request of the City, that a Park be repainted, Champaign Signs put up, I know Tony on the Eastside with (KLEAN) would have liked to have had City Employees helping getting Kearsley Ready for his functions. They've never once helped there!! I can't think of any time where The City has had to pay out grievances to parks employees that were not working on the Champaign park clean up. Because those that worked on the Park were Patsy Lou Supporters than where given Over Time to clean up THAT PARK? Employees are assigned by seniority. Not by whether they work on the Patsy Lou's Champaign! Come on, LOL

What is even funnier is that Brenda Lady even testified that there isn’t a plan. Yet Bob Cooks says there is a plan. She says She paints the Parks the colors she decides. I’m surprised that that there aren’t any guidelines for painting the park. I’ve looked. I can’t find any. But wouldn’t it make sense to paint safety items Safety Yellow?(rails, steps etc) It’s just too obvious that the park was painted those colors for the Picnic for patsy lou. I’ll be taping the investigation once it’s public because I want to find those parks Brenda Claims she has previously painted red white and blue and blue and gold and Maze and Blue.

I guess I should have a picnic at Kearsley Park Say hold a military Picnic and request that the Pavilion be repainted Scarlet and Gold for the USMC and then Blue and Gold for the Navy, ultramarine blue field, white insignia, yellow fringe for the Army, Blue and yellow for the Air force and Red Stripes and White background with Blue Eagles and anchors for the Coast Guard. No matter how much I Like any of those colors, besides looking rather TACKY!! It would not be appropriate for Me or anyone else to have the city repaint a park or their own personal purposes. Champaign or otherwise. It should be standard for all parks. Brown for Tables or Green for benches or Yellow for railings etc. Doesn’t have to be those colors. But at least something that makes sense. If you want to be artistic there is the rock over off hemphill!
Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

what????

Patsy Lou has her own vintage of Champaign??

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you....

What's next "the donald" beer?

Nothing's so smooth as a Williamson brew?

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:18 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

LOL Well At least Champaign was spelled correctly. LOL That spell check is pretty good isn't it! LOL Campaign,... DUH. LOL I’m going to have to stop posting at 2:00 AM and go to bed when I'm supposed to.
Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

well Ted, let me admit, that "Champagne" is the way to spell the bubbly alcoholic beverage we all love to imbibe on New Year's Eve.

"Champaign", pronounced the same way, is actually a different word. but most of us 'mericans wouldn't know the difference.

Besides being the name of a university town in Illinois, "champaign" basically means a field, or large space of open fairly flat land.

In either case, Ted, your point is well taken, Patsy Lou got special consideration no one else in Flint would, despite what Bob Cook claims.

What if anything has developed from the investigation? I haven't heard anything lately. Did that poor palooka that testified he was ordered to do the work on city time get fired yet?

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:16 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well So far, Ms. Kinney, Brenda Lawernce and i would even call what Sam did purgery. However, As I mentioned to a few poeple as Sam was coming in. You've got to listen to the exact wording he uses. Typical Union/Management dialogue. LOL meant to sound like he is saying exactly what you want to hear. Without really saying it.

I'm hoping Bob will report honestly and stop trying to spin the outcomes of what is going on down there. I can't wait to see if he actually reports how the Mayor's staff refused to cooperate violated supeanas and sequester. How When City Council president Buchannan tried to have the city attorney removed by police she refused and called Big Daddy Don to stop the police from removing her. LOL If there isn't a cover up. Why cuase the problems and create a circus.

Just like the stuff from when he first took over. When the former council made accusations in council Meetings. I would have as Mayor been present to answer to those accusations. Either they were right or wrong. It's that simple. If they were right, I would have defended my position. If they were wrong I would have put them in thier place immediately. Knipped it in the Bud so to say.

There is no reason that government officials who all claim they are working in the best interest of the same poeple. Should so drastically dissagree on so many points.

From what i've seen so far and heard from people is. That Don is looking even more guilty now. I really didn't expect Mr. Cook to come accross so blantantly in violation of City policy. Then when Muma testified that there were no issues from other city employees and then we later find out that about 10 receieved Grievence settlements because of inappropreate assignment of oer time to those working on the Patsy Lou Campaign Picnic. It becomes obvious that this was a serious or grevious violation of ethics and charter.

And here is WHY! If this was just part of the regular clean up of the parks, or it was the normal spruce up before a citizen rented the park. THen those working on the park would have been assigned according to the contract. they would not have all been Patsy Lou Campaign Supportters only that worked for the City. It's that clear to me.
Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:03 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Ted wrote in part "..And here is WHY! If this was just part of the regular clean up of the parks, or it was the normal spruce up before a citizen rented the park. THen those working on the park would have been assigned according to the contract. they would not have all been Patsy Lou Campaign Supportters only that worked for the City. It's that clear to me."

There is probably enough evidence both offered and obfuscated to make an educated assessment that the law was broken and refer this to the AG...but then so what?

Doesn't sound to me that anyone, YET is interested in making an issue of it. After all she lost. A park was improved [YMMV]. Most of the council will, I suspect, weigh the option of pursuing the case further and wrecking their relationship with the steamroller named Mayor Don..or letting it go, and working with the Mayor to achieve some improvements/benefits for the city.

The donald, unfortunately is a "my way" or nothing kind of leader; the word compromise is not in his lexicon. As long as his focus is to improve the lot in life of the city residents, I suspect the majority of the council will turn a blind eye to this flagrant abuse of the law. As long as he is cleaning up the city, improving services etc, its probably not worth starting a war over is how I suspect this will end up.

After all they paid off most of the city workers with those grievance settlements, so the Union isn't going to pursue it. Hopefully they'll pay off that guy who didn't cooperate vice firing him. I suspect his life is pretty much crud now anyway, at least in this county.

Just goes to show us peon's the old adage still holds true, "you can't fight city hall". That saying was about corrupt political machines, and brother there is one building and growing there now. Rolling Eyes

BOOOOO Creepy Mayoral Bully................HOORAY BEER!!!

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:37 pm 
Ted J

Here is the main problem. (And it isn't just local government.)

Lawmakers make laws to appease people or groups. Then later decide on which ones they will enforce based on current wind patterns. Why have laws on the books that no one is willing to enforce?

Take the Campaign Picnic. Is there a clear violation of Law/Ordinance? Absolutely. So it then falls on WHO? to investigate and prosecute? Politicians.

These are the same politicians that stood up or grand standed before the people saying we needed these laws to either right wrongs or make things fair. (ie, justice). But, when they actually have to enforce the Laws they only enforce the ones that benefit themselves.

What happened to Law Enforcement? What happened to Justice. Today it seems to be an in tangle object that politicians theorize about. While I contend that it is obtainable. It just takes good leaders. Here the problem becomes will the people vote for or elect the best person for the position? Mark Twain wrote “Without a blush he will vote for an unclean boss if that boss is his party's Moses, without compunction he will vote against the best man in the whole land if he is on the other ticket.” Thus we end up with nothing but continuous reaction to serious issues that are never solved.

Take the seat belt law. Which is more important? Catching car thieves or catching soccer moms on a quick trip to the store for milk that didn't wear their seat belt. The Lawmakers enforce that law, they even bend over backwards spending state tax dollars for Seat Belt Stings. If they put the same effort into catching car thieves. That crime would go down.

It's Hypocrisy at it's best! And we the people have allowed this to happen out of apathy for the system. The attitude of "You can't fight City Hall." Well That's not my attitude. I'm told that in order to change things I'm going to have to get into City Hall. And that may be just what I have to do!
Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:36 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: