FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Private Police Firms
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

What if their existed private policing firms in our country? They wouldnt be any union jobs, municipalities could hire hundreds of officers who would act at as regular police and since it would be a contract, the private firm would have a great incentive to decrease crime, as a measure of results. I know it would never happen, but I think it would be a great solution for urban centers like Flint...
Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:17 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Im sure this bunch of fine folks would be able to quickly take care of any gangbanging problems an area might be having but of course the handwringing whiny libz would have a stroke. Laughing

http://www.ustraining.com/new/index.asp

Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:14 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The way Flint does things, they'd hire Paul Blart.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

Twotap you're right. Hell, I'm liberal, but this is something that could help Flint.
Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:50 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

We wouldn't have the crime problems we have now in Flint or elsewhere if it weren't for the whining, "cater to the criminal", libs. Cops are and have been willing to stop criminal enterprise all around America, but as soon as they start speaking the only "language" the thugs understand, people get up in arms. Turn them loose and see what happens. Crime rates will plummet.
Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:36 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

i don't have a problem with that! Cool

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:11 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Bossman is 100% correct, you whining liberals shut the f--- up and let the police do their job.

Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:19 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
We wouldn't have the crime problems we have now in Flint or elsewhere if it weren't for the whining, "cater to the criminal", libs. Cops are and have been willing to stop criminal enterprise all around America, but as soon as they start speaking the only "language" the thugs understand, people get up in arms. Turn them loose and see what happens. Crime rates will plummet.
Sure crime will drop. So will civil liberties. Cops in Flint don't have the most stellar reputation in the first place , I don't see how giving them more juice will help. I do see getting funds so more cops can be on the streets, I do see that having cops working too long of shifts can spell for more intense situations and possiblities for lawsuits ( both from the cops for risks they have to endure and from the public for what they view as abuse of power from the cops.) IF you want to give cops more tools , give them the budget to have more of them on the street, get them the training they need as to what they can and can not do (in others words, actually have set policies for them to follow and BACK THEM UP when they do follow these policies and not throw them under the bus) . We must get the money from the federal goverment to do this. Good luck doing that. Our federal goverment wants to save the world and let our own country get flushed down the drain.
Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:33 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

It's too bad cops didn't get Obama, Clinton and perhaps even Bush and instead target lesser druggies.

We go after drug addicts here in the USSA and yet we elect former druggies as president. What a genius strategy.
Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:52 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Hey Bossman have you ever thought about starting up a real police force in Flint? I bet people might be willing to pay decent money to be able to call an off duty police officer and have them show up in a reasonable amount of time. Everyone knows our current police force is barely functional.
Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:57 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The north Miller rd area had a private security detail and it failed because not enough residents wanted to continue paying for it.

Adam-What constitutes a real police force?
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

It wasn't pay per call was it? DDA has their own police.

By real I mean you call police they show up like in a normal police. By showing up I mean in a reasonable amount of time and not hours later or even the next day or even not at all which does happen in Flint.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:57 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Adam, the Miller Road deal was off duty Flint cops working security in the Parkside Drive neighborhood. The people in that sub paid "dues" to be a member of the "Crime Watch". Those that paid got personal police protection. Everything from vacation checks to emergency response from the on duty officer. (They carried a bag phone and the members had the number to the phone)

There are only a handful of people in Flint that even care about the police force. Those are the citizens with passion, drive and a desire to see Flint prosper. The rest are completely apathetic.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:51 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

the 7th. ward cares very much for our police force sir!

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:25 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Hey bossman how much would you charge per call when you were off duty. Hopefully I won't ever really need police but you never note. On another note any body got any legal ak's for sale for cheap? Wink

On a more serious note do you think Flint police should be better armed and better equiped? Like with laser sights or helmets or something? Flint police look pretty standard but I've heard Flint police get shot at a lot unlike a standard officer in most cities.
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:26 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: