FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

Home Open Chat Political Talk  Flint Journal Political Jokes The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: FLINT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

PLEASE VIEW MY POST ON THE "STATE TAKE-OVER OF THE FLINT PUBLIC SCHOOLS". THAT POST WAS ON TUESDAY MARCH 31, 2009. flinttalk.com "access" The "In My Opinion" Show. MATTERS IT SEEMS HAVE ONLY GOTTEN WORSE for this disfunctional school system. MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN BUDGET PROBLEMS, UNEXCEPTABLE SCHOOL SUSPENSIONS "HUNDREDS". I'M SO SICK AND TIRED OF THOSE PEOPLE SUPPOSEDLY IN CHARGE ALWAYS BLAMING THE PARENTS AND THE CHILDREN. WHERE IS THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION. THEY NEED TO "STOP THE BLAME GAME" AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. MAYBE THEY THE "SCHOOLS SO-CALLED AUTHORITIES" SHOULD BE SUSPENDED FOR FRAUD AND GROSS INCOMPETENCE, MEANING THE TAX PAYER'S OF THE CITY AND THE STATE OF MICHIGAN ARE NOT GETTING THEIR MONIES WORTH. A NO NON-SENSE SCHOOL CZAR IS NEEDED. SO SHE OR HE CAN GET RID OF THOSE DEADBEAT EMPLOYEE TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATORS.
Post Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:46 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Parents help elect the board that helps put the administration in place so parents are partly to blame. People like you also deserve some blame for sitting on the sidelines.
Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:28 am 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

My friend I'm not nor have I ever sat on the sidelines. I have been advocating responsibility and stability for years. I along with most others have lost count of how many flint school superindent's, administrators and school board members the flint school system has had in the last 15 years. As I suggested in my earlier posts. Flint schools need a no non-sense Czar appointed by the Governor to get rid of the deadbeats and deficiencies in the flint school systems. It's about our children. Tragically this apathy by teachers and administrators is being repeated across America as the educational needs of hundreds of thousands of students are being neglected in addition to the harsh discipline that drives these students from schools. With all the harsh disciplary actions taken upon Flint school students leads to but one conclusion and that is the introduction to the juvenile justice system, especially with zero tolerance policies that rely on the police and courts to handle discipline issues that the schools should be handling . As a society we're not giving our most vulnerable children the support and respect they need to succeed, and our city and nation is paying dearly for that neglect.
Author James Baldwin once said, These are our children Black and White, we will profit by, or pay for, whatever they become.
Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:14 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Well good luck with your people you helped put on the board cuz I don't recall you wanting me on there.
Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:51 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Adam, I don't even know you. I don't decide or have any control whatso ever on who runs for school board or any other elected office that's and individual choice and let the votes fall where they may.
Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:12 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Well just keep talking about hope and change and responsiblity and I'm sure thing will just somehow magically improve.
Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:36 pm 
munnbreslin
F L I N T O I D

The responsibility lies with the administration no doubt, but much more with the parents and, heres a shock, THE STUDENTS! Stop blaming the administration for lazy students. If it was all the administrations fault, no kids from the district would be college bound or 4.0 GPAs, but they do exist because they try AS AN INDIVIDUAL. Stop blaming the institution and take some responsibility yourself.
Post Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:12 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

It's everybody's fault. From Obama down to the students. Most people in America wouldn't send their animals to boarding kennels that were in as bad a shape as Flint schools.
Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:08 am 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

FOLKS, LET'S THINK BACK. NO ONE HAD TO PROD/FORCE ME TO ATTEND SCHOOL, NO ONE HAD TO PAY OR OFFER TO PAY ME MONEY TO GO TO SCHOOL. NO ONE HAD TO SUGGEST THAT MY PARENTS BE PAID TO ATTEND PARENT TEACHER MEETINGS. AT MY HIGH SCHOOL THERE WERE PERHAPS FOUR HUNDRED STUDENTS. I HONESTLY CAN'T REMEMBER (1) STUDENT BEING SUSPENDED OR EXPELLED BECAUSE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE EMBARRASSMENT AND TALK OF THE SCHOOL/TOWN. THERE WERE DROP-OUTS AND ACADEMIC FAILURE'S OF COURSE. AT MY SCHOOL THE ADMINISTRATION AND TEACHERS JUST DIDN'T TALK THE TALK, THEY WALKED THE WALK AND HAD COMPLETE PROFESSIONAL CONTROL AND THE BOOKS TO MY KNOWLEDGE WERE ALWAYS BALANCED. MY ANGUISH LAY WITH LITTERLY HUNDREDS OF FLINT SCHOOL STUDENTS BEING SUSPENDED AND EXPELLED. FOR MANY A ROAD THAT WILL LEAD TO FAILURE AND PRISON. IN MY VIEW THAT IS ABSOLUTLEY UNCONSCIONABLE AND NO WAY TO RUN A SCHOOL SYSTEM. MANY OF THOSE ADMINISTRATORS AND TEACHERS NEED TO GET OFF THERE FAT OVER PAID TAX SUPPORTED LAZY ASSES AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PART THEY PLAY ACADEMICALLY. IT HAS BECOME TO EASY FOR THEM TO PASS THE BUCK AND PLAY THE BLAME GAME. AGAIN A SCHOOL CZAR SHOULD BE APPOINTED. HOW IN GOOD CONSCIOUS CAN ONE AGREE THAT A "40 PER-CENT GRADUATION RATE IS EXCEPTABLE". FROM WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD A SCHOOL CZAR JUST MAY HAPPEN IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:13 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ron- Bobb seems to be hard at work in Detroit and he is a no-nonsense careabout the kids individual. We have not had a good administrator in a long time. Tough decisions have to be made.

We could scrap all of the schools and go to charters.
Post Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:46 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

RBR did they still have corporal punishment when you went to school?
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:39 am 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

ADAM, THEY HAD CORRECTIVE DISCIPLINE. IT WASN'T ABOUT THIS "TIME oUT" I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THESE KIDS BULLSHIT. MY SCHOOL TOOK RESPONSIBILITY ACADEMICALLY, PROFESSIONALLY AND FINANCIALLY.

ADDITIONALLY, I DON'T LIVE IN DETROIT. .
Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:21 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Although I am pretty moderate, we can't blame this one on OBAMA! lol

quote:
Adam schreef:
It's everybody's fault. From Obama down to the students. Most people in America wouldn't send their animals to boarding kennels that were in as bad a shape as Flint schools.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Amen Ronald!

quote:
ronald barry robinson schreef:
Adam, I don't even know you. I don't decide or have any control whatso ever on who runs for school board or any other elected office that's and individual choice and let the votes fall where they may.

Post Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

From a forwarded email

Friends,
There is much buzz about quality education being available for our
children and our community is no different in analyzing whats going on
at the local, state, and national level. With that said, I would ask
you, "What would an ideal academy of education look like in Flint?"

Please come and discuss this and other thoughts you may have with a
initial group of concerened citizens that are interested in starting a
successful learning center in Flint. The first meeting will be held on
Saturday, February 13, 2010, 11:00 - 1:00, at the Urban League of Flint
auditorium. Please respond with your confirmation of attending. If you
are unable to attend, please respond and let us know if you are
available for future meetings and the best way to contact you.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and we look forward to
seeing you on Saturday!

United in purpose to provide quality of life, opportunity, and success
in our community.

Sincerest regards,

Linda Simmons

Gloria Scruggs
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:21 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: