FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: 8 million for Genesse Towers-Wow!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Looks like the city of Flint is going to have to pay up on the towers according to today's ABC news report. 8 million is a lot of money fro the taxpayers of Flint to fund.
Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:49 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Walling will just dump the entire police & fire departments. No biggie.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Just wait until you find out about the Unpaid parking tickets and the DDA's inability to collect. Ive been dropping dimes in peoples ears for the last few months. I was going to break this story in the new year just like I am doing with the Illegal Magistrate appointed by Judge Hayman. I'll have it on my show. Probably both story;s at the same time. I wanted to be the one to to allow myself to get a parking ticket then go through the process of not paying it to prove I didn't have to. But A birdie told me that there are already a few smart Lawyers in Flint that have thrown up the challenge. I'd like to know who they are. Birdie wouldn't tell me that. But, Guess what those tickets was supposed to pay for? And guess who will be paying for it? LOL We citizens of Flint are so stupid. Just by Chance it turns out that Not only was this another of the Williamson Administration screwups that we will end up paying for. But it was also another Judge Hayman involved screw up also. Hmmm, He was never on MY Radar until now. I was intially investigating the Illegal Appointment of a Magistrate that didn't reside in Flint and wasn't an Registered elector and wasn't ever approved by City Council. Strange that Judge Hayman seems to be involved in both of these things. I'm going to have to start checking into more of what he done or been involved with. Weird the only judge I had any problems with was Neithercut for his misinterpretation of the Charter and lack of willingness to enforce it.

Those will both be good shows. I'm also thinking about looking into the LandLord association. Terry in another post mentioned the power they seem to have. I've been looking at all the millions they've been funneling into politicians campaigns and what politicians they've been giving to. It's amazing a organization of around 500 members can afford to funnel between 4 and 5 million a year in lobbying. Hmmm, I wonder where and who is doing their fund raising? Can anyone here believe that each member puts in 8,000 a year into the organization? A landlord giving 8,000 dollars to lobby politicians?
Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I did not know the District Court magistrate had to be approved by council. Granholm made Hayman the Chief Judge. State guidelines should dictate how a magistrate is selected as the state dictates much of how the courts function. My issue is with their budget, as I believe council eliminated that position in the budget a couple of years ago. Was it restored by Brown? Is that position usually filled by the electorate?

It is no secret that the DDA's inability to raise enough money for the parking deck will place another burden n the city. But then again, council approved the bond before they could come to a final agreement on the parking fines, hours, etc. I believe one issue is the need for a magistrate to handle appeals as required under law. Otherwise the court is bogged down with the sheer volume of appeals going to the judges.

Hayman also appointed Irma Chenowith as a court administrator when she lived in Detroit. She had a history in Detroit when she ran for judge. She created issues here with allegations of favoritism in handling overtime and other issues. She got a lot of complaints when she hired a convicted sex abuser, Justice who had been a corrections parole officer who misused his poaition. I think she has been replaced.

I was concerned with Hayman's neutrality after he so publicly supported Stanley during stanley's recall. I did not approve of a juge being so publicly involved.

As a judge he is hardworking and honest.
Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:14 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Ted since your on the investigative kick, why not look into the Genesee County Land Bank!

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Just wait until you find out about the Unpaid parking tickets and the DDA's inability to collect. Ive been dropping dimes in peoples ears for the last few months. I was going to break this story in the new year just like I am doing with the Illegal Magistrate appointed by Judge Hayman. I'll have it on my show. Probably both story;s at the same time. I wanted to be the one to to allow myself to get a parking ticket then go through the process of not paying it to prove I didn't have to. But A birdie told me that there are already a few smart Lawyers in Flint that have thrown up the challenge. I'd like to know who they are. Birdie wouldn't tell me that. But, Guess what those tickets was supposed to pay for? And guess who will be paying for it? LOL We citizens of Flint are so stupid. Just by Chance it turns out that Not only was this another of the Williamson Administration screwups that we will end up paying for. But it was also another Judge Hayman involved screw up also. Hmmm, He was never on MY Radar until now. I was intially investigating the Illegal Appointment of a Magistrate that didn't reside in Flint and wasn't an Registered elector and wasn't ever approved by City Council. Strange that Judge Hayman seems to be involved in both of these things. I'm going to have to start checking into more of what he done or been involved with. Weird the only judge I had any problems with was Neithercut for his misinterpretation of the Charter and lack of willingness to enforce it.

Those will both be good shows. I'm also thinking about looking into the LandLord association. Terry in another post mentioned the power they seem to have. I've been looking at all the millions they've been funneling into politicians campaigns and what politicians they've been giving to. It's amazing a organization of around 500 members can afford to funnel between 4 and 5 million a year in lobbying. Hmmm, I wonder where and who is doing their fund raising? Can anyone here believe that each member puts in 8,000 a year into the organization? A landlord giving 8,000 dollars to lobby politicians?

Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

C.S. Mott Foundation will write a check.

quote:
Richard schreef:
Looks like the city of Flint is going to have to pay up on the towers according to today's ABC news report. 8 million is a lot of money fro the taxpayers of Flint to fund.

Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Ted since your on the investigative kick, why not look into the Genesee County Land Bank!

Did you see his interview with Dan? Ted is one of Dan's "groupies". Wink
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:22 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

To get the towers and tear them down?
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:24 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I did not know the District Court magistrate had to be approved by council.

Nobody here said anything about the District Court Magistrate! :Least wise Myself. When discussing Flint Courts and Approval by the City Council I didn’t realize I needed to be any clearer than that that I am obviously talking about 68th District Court.

Granholm made Hayman the Chief Judge. State guidelines should dictate how a magistrate is selected as the state dictates much of how the courts function.

Exactly! Your right on the money, “”MCL 600.8501 http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%28tzwq43551ztl0145nwqyvnel%29%29/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectName=mcl-600-8501 to hold that position ‘A person shall not be appointed magistrate unless the person is a registered elector in the district for which the person was appointed. Before a person assumes the duties ….shall be subject to approval by the governing body." This has always been followed before. Just not with the appointment of Cynthia Favila-Terry.””

My issue is with their budget, as I believe council eliminated that position in the budget a couple of years ago. Was it restored by Brown? Is that position usually filled by the electorate? I answered that above. That position was restored by Judge Hayman so that his former Law Clerk would have a job. So let me fill ya in a bit.

1. The case load for the Courts is DOWN!
2. One judge is only working a half days worth of cases.
3. The court applied for and received a grant to hire a Magistrate. (the grant funds have run out yet she is still there working.

It is no secret that the DDA's inability to raise enough money for the parking deck will place another burden n the city. But then again, council approved the bond before they could come to a final agreement on the parking fines, hours, etc. I believe one issue is the need for a magistrate to handle appeals as required under law. Otherwise the court is bogged down with the sheer volume of appeals going to the judges.

1 The case load is down
2. Judge Hayman made an agreement with the City to see these cases.
3. The process for appeals was not implemented legally, thus the reason there are attorneys refusing to pay their tickets and have dug in saying, ‘Take me to court’
4. The council was lied to about the process being in place and that it was all being done correctly. So the citizens will foot the bill.

Hayman also appointed Irma Chenowith as a court administrator when she lived in Detroit. She had a history in Detroit when she ran for judge. She created issues here with allegations of favoritism in handling overtime and other issues. She got a lot of complaints when she hired a convicted sex abuser, Justice who had been a corrections parole officer who misused his position. I think she has been replaced.

I agree whole heartedly, The former administrator was screwed up. And yes they not only have a convicted sex abuser working there but also someone being charged with attempted murder. GO figure.

I was concerned with Hayman's neutrality after he so publicly supported Stanley during Stanley’s recall. I did not approve of a judge being so publicly involved.

I agree that violates the Judicial Cannon. http://courts.michigan.gov/mji/wbt/ethics/mcjc.htm

As a judge he is hardworking and honest.

Really, then why did he continue to lie about whether This City Magistrate was ever confirmed by City Council and finally admit she never was. My issues where never with Hayman, It was with the Terry’s. But, as I unraveled this he went into deny and make up excuses mode leading me to believe there was more than actually met the eye. Boy where my eyes opened.

Here you can see all the documents that I have FOIA’d so far. In two weeks I’ll have everything I need. The Judicial Tenure Commission failed to act Maybe the Attorney General will? Either way As soon as I have the final documents I’m going public on my show whether the Flint Urinal or TV 12 decide to or not. With both stories. The parking and the Magistrate.
http://www.tedjankowski.com/tedjankowski/hayman/

Ya know, I don’t always agree with ya untanglingwebs… but I love the amount of information you seem to have at your disposal and your willingness to share it. You should be on my show. Would definitely make it interesting. Ever thought of making a show yourself? I’d be willing to watch. Hell I rarely agreed with bob but I loved his show even if sometimes I wanted to throw something at the TV occasionally. LOL And I like Bob and Sally, I miss their sometimes opposing opinions.

As for the Land Bank. I believe it has turned into a monster,,,. Saying that don't miss the context. It has morphed into something it was never really intending to be. I look at it as almost a necessary evil. People can bad mouth it for nto mowing lawns or not keeping up the properties, etc. But they have done a far better job than the City was doing when those were City Properties (The land bank got them the way the City turned them over to them) and The private owners where the ones that let them get that way in the first place. I won't bad mouth them because they aren't perfect. I prefer to praise them for being better than the alternative. So if people have criticism Please make it constructive as to How to help make it work better. I just can't bring myself to play the blame game when what they are doing and have done is far better than what was being done.
Post Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ted
Problem with the Land bank is they are intent on being a developer. Millions of dollars that could have gone to fixing up properties an demolition have been spent, sometimes on real estate speculation. I am waiting to see if the Tech center purchase blows upin their face. Remember when Kincaid wanted to move Major grants into the Tech center? Was this an obvious ploy to help KIldee? It certainly would not have helped our budget. Just like the time Kurtz moved the Ombudsman's office into the Phoenix building.

Where is Walling planning to place his 8 member Planning team. Could this be why there is an effort to remove the Ombudsman. There is no room at the Inn so to speak.

Ask about the Land Banks first efforts to have a team clean up their properties. They hired Raymond Hatters son and Vera Rison's sons as supervisors. (a little political?) The building on Hemphill where they stored their equipment had to have phone line for the sonitrol to work. A perosn with access to the building placed a phone in there and ran up a phone bill calling sex lines. Then they had to go to Detroit to pick up their vehicle because the person authorized to drive it got arrested at a bar in Detroit.

Initially some of their "clean and green" teams mistreated the kids they employed and uderpaid them. They are deling with the issue but there are still problems.
Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:29 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Adam- Mott Foundation has long wanted that building torn down. Too bad no one acted when the price was $1.6 million.
Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:33 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Why didn't Mott outbid Kumar?
Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:55 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

YES!

quote:
Adam schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:20 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Ryan Rules!

YES!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adam schreef:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Post Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:25 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Just my opinion ofcourse!

Post Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: