FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Flint ranked #5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Domet, aww, I misrepresent who you are? What is it exactly that what you and your sidekick, BA,do exactly? Oh yeah, try to come with neat little labels for people who you want to try to bully away from engaging you in debate . You engage in name calling and then you point the others saying " they started it" .

So what is that you beleive in Domet? Based on your membership or affilation with ACORN it is a safe bet that you are a statist. Which means you have never met a federal program( headed up by social planners and social workers) that you haven't loved. And of course you love your college education, lord knows we have heard how Little ACORN has gotten his or her Bachelors degree . From your other posts I think one can fairly safely say you are really on board for a lot of the crap DeSavior Obama wants to push through. Also, in connection to your work with ACORN, I probably can also fairly accurately assume that you are also one who believes in "welfare rights". And from how you constantly trumpet your accomplishments I would say that you had people mock you for your attempts to better yourself through education that were closer to you than I am. You are very thinned skin and take offense at the mere suggestion that higher education may not be all that you have it added up to be. One post I read from you stated ( and you will correct me if I am wrong) that you were the first in your family who went through college. From that I can think I can say that you also lash out at people who don't see being college educated as being all the important or even show scorn for those who are college educated.

Domet , I will grant you one point. I have done name calling, and from now on (while I still have a very high degree of out and out contempt for what you say) I will keep my comments to attacking what you actually have stated, and not on mocking about your personae. But damm, this is going to be hard to do !
Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:25 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:43 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Why are you crying BA? BA must need a diaper change and Domet aint around to save him from embarassment.
Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:44 pm 
Domet
F L I N T O I D

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
And from how you constantly trumpet your accomplishments

The only time I have ever explained what I have "accomplished" is when you or twotap have decided to attack, without reason, an aspect of my person or a member of my family. I have used those instances to explain whatever position has been attacked so that the attacker will hopefully see that their positions are completely unfounded. Apart from that, I rarely if ever brag about my associations or what works I am involved in, unless asked or it is directly relevant.

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
You are very thinned skin and take offense at the mere suggestion that higher education may not be all that you have it added up to be

That's obviously untrue - I only defend education when it is attacked, specifically by you. That's it. I believe that being a worker is relevant experience, and I believe that being educated has relevant experience. I do not discount either, and I do take offense when you come out deciding that all educated people are this or that.

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
You engage in name calling and then you point the others saying " they started it" .

You're right - and that process is actually logically flawed. Because one person did it is not an reason for why I should do it. I have explained my reasoning on this, however - logic does not always apply to all social situations, and when somebody punches me in the stomach, I will be sure to hit them back. The same will occur when people decide to attack for no acceptable reason. If somebody hits me and I deserve it, I normally won't hit them back.

quote:
1pissedoffguy schreef:
From that I can think I can say that you also lash out at people who don't see being college educated as being all the important or even show scorn for those who are college educated.

You are correct, I have said that. Apart from that, I don't hold people in contempt because they don't think college education is the most important thing in the world. My step-father was a mechanic his entire life, and he is an incredibly smart man. If he told me that college was worthless, sure I would probably think a little less of him. However, if he told me that he did just fine without a college education, I can respect that and do. As for lashing out? No. I never have and never will demand people respect me because I have a degree - I don't respect people just because they are mechanics or doctors or judges, I wouldn't expect them to hold a different standard to my person. At the same time, I do not disrespect people because they are janitors or teachers or graduate students - regardless of status, a person should be respected on the merit of their character, not the work they do.

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:16 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

damn pissed. smoked again. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

even a small act of goodness may be a tiny raft of salvation across the treacherous gulf of sin, but one who drinks the wine of selfishness, and dances on the little boat of meaness, sinks in the ocean of ignorance.
P.Y.
Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:34 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

BA is like that little ugly critter that was chained to Jabba the Hut, Little Salicious Crum. Can't even contribute siginficantly to the argument on his own.
I am not "smoked again" , Domet "smoked" me (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean from Ebonics anyway is not something I really give a rat's ass about) All Domet is trying to do is cast himself as the saint, so I am now dropping the appellation Little ACORN' for Domet and now designate him now as "Saint Domet."

And you have St. Domet , made a point I do find accurate. Sometimes logic does not apply to all social siutations, I think other people have alluded to that point before only to have you, in your best Mr Spock like tone, try to apply more logic to their outburst.

So I think I did ask you St Domet what is it you want for the people to do in their lives? You having been connected to ACORN, suggests strongly you are all for more welfare programs, more spending on all these programs that already been proven to be( if not a out and out failures decidedly ) are leaning towards the side of failure. ACORN programs seem to want to place the responsbilities upon the backs of society for problems individuals assume for themselves ( like taking drugs and getting addicted, like sexual activity that leads to infectious diseases) . Would you like to see more intrusive governmental activity to prevent people from using illicit drugs and for engaging in dangerous sexual practices? If you do advocate for such type of programs how would you reconcile the liberties we are supposed to have as Americans with the programs which may deal effeectively deal with individual choices that have very serious social impact? The problem with making all choices that people make for themselves things that the society has to pay for will invite more regualtions that I will assure you will be resented by others of society. So St Domet, how do you propose to balance what you think society owes to some it's members and how much the rest of society is expected to pay for and permit?
Now I will wait for BA to make some assinine comment and for St Domet to dazzle me with some sort of "logical" way of handling the problems I laid out for him.
Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:01 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

smoked.......for the dim witted it means "domet smacked your ass yet again" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

honestly pissed, you've probably typed 4,000 words and all you've said is
"domet was associated with acorn so he must think............. duhhhhh.

i'll contribute to a conversation originated by you when it rises above the level of an elementary school child.

until then, i ain't interested in your dull boring paranoid mentally deficient ramblings. the only reason domet continues is because he enjoys SMOKING your dumb ass daily.

but my brotha, there is hope. i will contribute when you "collect" your thoughts. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:31 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

BA , you always try to make commentary on my intelligence . But I see you hang on my every word, hell you even counted them it seems. And you are hardly a good example of "rising' above any level of education, if it weren't for Affimative Action you would have likely not passed through any educational system worth it's salt.
Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:03 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

ha ha ha...that was pretty good, albeit quite expected. drone on my good brother..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:39 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

Most assuredly I will continue BA, I was always taught to take every opproutnity to mock that which I find amusing and since you definetly are that , I take this opening. Now we will await for your hero , St Domet, to answer my questions. Run along pesky BA, we adults are starting in earnest to discuss things and I don't want you to feel ashamed too much that you will be unable to follow the conversation from this point onward.
Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:31 pm 
back again
F L I N T O I D

o.k. my educated brother.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

P.Y.
Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:45 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: