FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

Home Open Chat Political Talk  Flint Journal Political Jokes The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: Parasites in Flint Politics

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Flint politics is suffering from parasites and incurable cancers. The citizens and voters must demand transparency and responsible government. No more of the same incompetence. As we approach another season of grinning, skinning and hand shakes on voter doorsteps, churches, union halls and various other venue's by political aspirants. We must all ask ourselves. Will we demand change this time or will we succumb to the same old ethno desparities and status quo bullshit? The politicians and wanna-be politicians are maneuvering and jocking for positions. We will see mostly the same old faces, throw in the carpetbaggers, re-runs, hacks and crazies. You've got your same old political planless systems telling the same old lies, talking the same old bull shit. That we have all heard for years. Those that don't understand history are doomed to repeat it. Most of these men and women have not the foggiest idea on how to run a city or perform the duties of a successful school system. What you have is a system that is disfunctional at best. What a mess. Flint you deserve better than those despoticals running for poltical offices. This time will you demand accountability in your school systems and city government? We still live in a system that is supposedly governed by the people of the people and for the people. Hold the politicians responsible or vote them out of office. It's that simple.
Post Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:10 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Sometimes Ronald.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

So I must ask just out of Curiosity. Who do you think is not in that list of yours that is running?
Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Ted, these races past and present are pay for play, black/white manipulation, name recognition, friendship, who can do what for who races. None of which demonstrates integrity (uncorrupted) values or principles ( a moral code of conduct or ethics) or leadership abilities. What integrity and principles mean is taking care of all the people of the community, not picking and chosing because one is black or white or one voting precinct had a larger turn out for you, or your friends live a that particular area.

At this point not a single candidate has presented a vision for the city of Flint that truly includes all its citizens. We continue to hear about budgets, projects, regulations and policies, but no plans. Not a single word about responsibility, morals, principles, ethics or values. These are the things that should be inherent in leadership.
Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:33 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Nicely put.
Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Ted, In My Opinion I'm just telling it like it is. The incompetence and stupidity in Flint city government and the Flint school system has gone on long enough. The people deserve better.
Post Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:38 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Sure we deserve better. In My Opinion. But, it's the voters and the citizens apathy that keeps giving us the same silliness and stupidity, election after election.

Those in power keep patting themselves on the back for failing to the jobs they were elected too. And the people fo Flint keep electing them.

Just look at the people showing up at City Counsel. They appear, Then complain to the Counsel about things that the Counsel has no power to change. Then Credit the person who failed with doing a great job while complaining that the Counsel didn't do enough.

THese are the same people that refuse to get educated on Government and how it works before they open their mouths.

They look like fools and idiots to those of us who watch and follow what's going on. But, the citizens at home watch and relate to the complaint. and jump on the bandwagon of bitching to the wrong people.

So I would have to ask. Do the minority of us deserve better, when the majority refuses to become informed?
Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:09 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

It's concerned individuals like you and me and many others in the media that have to keep hammering away. If we continue our paths to try and enlighten the lest of they, I pray that the citizens of Flint, Michigan will wake up and see that the coffers are half full probably less than that and begin to respond and take charge of their own destiny's. It's beyond my comprehension why people think that government will serve them honorably. It's obvious that the present so-called politicians aren't. You know what they say, If you put something in a book or ask citizens to attend informational meetings it probably won't get read or attended. Too many times people rely on other peoples interpretations or word of mouth to convey supposedly truths. But the reality of all this is they most often get all the facts wrong. There are alot of smart people in Flint, it baffles me why this goes on.

Ted, It's indepentent media/journalist that we are members of that can go to where the silence is and break the sound barriers, doing what the corporate networks refuse to do. We have a powerful tool for understanding. It is important, especially during times like these, that the media hold the politicians feet to the fire.
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:57 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Sure we deserve better. In My Opinion. But, it's the voters and the citizens apathy that keeps giving us the same silliness and stupidity, election after election.

Those in power keep patting themselves on the back for failing to the jobs they were elected too. And the people fo Flint keep electing them.

Just look at the people showing up at City Counsel. They appear, Then complain to the Counsel about things that the Counsel has no power to change. Then Credit the person who failed with doing a great job while complaining that the Counsel didn't do enough.

THese are the same people that refuse to get educated on Government and how it works before they open their mouths.

They look like fools and idiots to those of us who watch and follow what's going on. But, the citizens at home watch and relate to the complaint. and jump on the bandwagon of bitching to the wrong people.

So I would have to ask. Do the minority of us deserve better, when the majority refuses to become informed?

Some of those complainers also helped push the recall. I think Flint administrations do pay attention to the coucil meetings even though they make limited appearances.
Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:35 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: