FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

Home Open Chat Political Talk  Flint Journal Political Jokes The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Morning Show with Lou Lobsinger

Topic: Roman on the radio 1570 am New local call in talk show!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

John Roman on the radio!
1570 am New local call in talk show!
Roman will be replacing Ed Shults in the 3 to 6 time spot starting Monday Aug 14 2006.

Call in number 251-1570

Tell'em you read it here first!

Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
John Roman on the radio!
1570 am New local call in talk show!
Roman will be replacing Ed Shults in the 3 to 6 time spot starting Monday Aug 14 2006.

Call in number 251-1570

Tell'em you read it here first!

Who or what is a John Roman? Is he local?
Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:48 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes he is, born and raise. He has been on a few stations in the area.

Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Yes he is, born and raise. He has been on a few stations in the area.

Thats GOOD to hear. Whatever one thought of Dave Barber [i disagreed with many of his positions]; He did provide a valuable service to the community by having a program that addressed local issues; even if they were issues in Dave's mind only! he did manage to get the mayor on once/week; and THAT was always entertaining if not downright eye-popping what came out of the "don's" mouth on many occasions [I have concluded people don't sue the donald for slander because he has deeper pockets than they].

Of course, controversy sells so DB had to sometimes make mountains out of molehills. There were some classic moments, like Zittel putting his foot, no make that his entire leg into his mouth with the political contributions issue; then there was Lipe's son-in-law making a killing off selling property to the GB school system.

man if Roman is half the air personality, this is good news for Flint.

Looking forward to it.
Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:33 pm 
mj

Are they done with their Laura Ingram trial? Who was that today in the 9-12 spot?

I wish they would update their website!
Post Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:19 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
mj schreef:
Are they done with their Laura Ingram trial? Who was that today in the 9-12 spot?

I wish they would update their website!

I think she is on vacation and they were fill in hosts. Who knows who will appear on Monday.

updating a website is beyond the capability of a station who can't even handle the change in transmissions at the top of the hour. get used to hearing "SMoke on the Water" more often. Sheesh...what amateurs!

biggie
Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:30 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Copied from Mlive Flint Town Talk

I know John personally and he is a great guy. I wish him all the luck in the world! He is a fine person and a fine broadcaster.
    My hope is the people of Mid-Michigan will give a chance and sample his show on Monday. If Cumulus offered audio streaming, I would be tuning in.

Dave BarberProvidence, RI

Copied from Mlive Flint Town Talk
Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:51 pm 
kstalls

I WANT ED BACK. I LOVED HIS SHOW. SHME ON 1570 FOR PUTTING THIS GUY ON Embarassed AND I'M FIGHTING MAD ABOUT THIS CHOICE Twisted Evil

BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!BRING ED BACK!!!!!!!!!
Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:35 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

Roman on the radio..............

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...snore....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've caught Mr Romanowski's show a couple times this inaugural week. Ugh.

he's boring me to tears.

I give up. Go play with with your own fake looking meat at walmart..

If I wanted to listen to this tripe, I'd dial in 790.."Ask the Missus"...

Radio's new Norma Hall & Michael J. Thorpe all rolled into one....See no Problems, Speak No Problems, Hear No Problems.

Sorry John, we don't need another Pollyanna telling us to sing "Kum-ba-yah" and "Everything is Beautiful"

No you don't have to be negative or even provocative like your predecessor; you do have to recognize challenges and issues when they exist; and help by shining a light on them so they can be addressed.

BOOO!!! BORING RADIO PROGRAMS

HOOORAY BEER!!!

and Rusty...no more Zima's for you!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:49 pm 

and based on your post you have some. Serious issues. Perhaps you should talk to someone.
Post Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:30 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
guest schreef:
and based on your post you have some. Serious issues. Perhaps you should talk to someone.

I AM!! Apparently I am talking to YOU!!!

I thought we were able to give our honest opinions on topics here!

That you wish to disagree is fine. That you wish to disagree just by attacking me personally is NOT..that is Flint Forum on MLive type stuff.

So WHY do you like Roman on the radio....inquiring minds want to know!!

Biggie

Post Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:46 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Biggie9:
I think you pissed Rusty off, watch your back!LOL

Post Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:21 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Biggie9:
I think you pissed Rusty off, watch your back!LOL

Steve,

Don't use "Rusty" and "pissed" in the same sentence! The result is probably his radio name...Rusty Zipper.

Actually, what I do LIKE about the show, are the news breaks, including, at least attention paid to local traffic.

and Rusty...lay off the Zima's during business hours!

Biggie [with a can of WD-40 just in case]

Post Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:22 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rusty Zipper!!LOL

Take a look at this:

Pop a Zima and enjoy the show!

MySpace URL:

http://www.myspace.com/romanontheradio

Post Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:12 pm 
D Crane

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Rusty Zipper!!LOL

Take a look at this:

Pop a Zima and enjoy the show!

MySpace URL:

http://www.myspace.com/romanontheradio

I think what people don't realize is how hard and how much work it takes to get a talk radio show off the ground. It's not as easy as talking for 30 seconds then going to 10 songs in a row. You have to be on top of local news, and book guests that are relavent to the area. If Biggie 9 actually got off his butt and called into the show, maybe he would be engaged enough to listen. But alas, he probably has to write 10 rough drafts before he even posts anything on here. Local radio provides a valuable service in a world of national shows, XM, and Sirius. I think that some people might be missing the point. It is important to pay attention to local issues, and give local listeners a chance to weigh in on them. You don't get that with a national show. Also the prospect of being one of many callers from all over the country can be disengaging. The attitude of Biggie 9 and others like him are exactly what is wrong with Flint. The lack of pride in this area, and the fact that no one embraces it, is what is going to trickle down from generation to generation. 30 years ago, there wasn't a negative connotation with being from Flint. Now, people like Biggie 9 and others with their cynical attitudes and self loathing, is the foundation for the negative attitude which projects the negativity associated with being a "Flintoid". I challenge people to give this show a chance and call in and be active. With more callers, it make a local show better, and in essence creates character for it. You can find me on the John Roman myspace site because I am a show contributer and call screener. I like talk radio, and have taken an active interest in bringing talk radio, and the issues that are important to the area back to the people. All without the negativity that Barber would sometimes portray of the city.
Dennis,
Intern and show contributer for SuperTalk 1570.
Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:59 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: