FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Comedy On Tap

Topic: A Hilarious Play!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Hey, here's one that's for all of you cultured Flint Talkers! Start the new year off with comedy!

Let's continue to support Flint and the arts. What better way of doing that than by laughing and being entertained for a couple hours? Plus you have the option of eating a delicious dinner, too!

Vertigo Theatrics presents the hilarious comedy, Bathroom Humor. It runs two weekends, from January 9-18, 2009. This gives you over a week to sober up from new year's eve! It's an incredibly funny play and you're guaranteed to be continuously laughing. Vertigo presents their dinner theatre productions at the Masonic Temple, located at 755 S. Saginaw St in downtown Flint. For further information, go to: http://www.vertigotheatrics.com or call 810-239-7469.

It would be great to see everyone there!

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

There's a hilarious comedy on channel 66 at 1pm, too.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

The Lions are more like a tragedy. Waiting to break the season record. We want something we can some out to and make us laugh - not make us hide!

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Hey Mark! Are you in the show?

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Yes, I am! We're have a really fun time doing this, and it's sure funny! I'd love to see you out there, Tracy. You're so good to the cultured arts and plus you make some great Minestrone!

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:28 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

I'll be there all right. I need a good laugh. I can't wait!

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:

Okay, this is it...I will be there with hubby in tow, whether he likes it or not. That way his face can get red from a piggy witch snortin' wife by his side....Smile
Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:50 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
I'll be there all right. I need a good laugh. I can't wait!

You'll definitely get lots of good laughs. I can't wait to see you there!

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:12 am 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Okay, this is it...I will be there with hubby in tow, whether he likes it or not. That way his face can get red from a piggy witch snortin' wife by his side....Smile

Okay, I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing you there, Andi. This is a play I think even hubby will like. Lots of hubbies will be there. I'll be ready to hear the piggy witch snortin' laugh coming from the audience!

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:16 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Is The Greatest Flint Comedy Corporation doing anything with this too?

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
Hey, here's one that's for all of you cultured Flint Talkers! Start the new year off with comedy!

Let's continue to support Flint and the arts. What better way of doing that than by laughing and being entertained for a couple hours? Plus you have the option of eating a delicious dinner, too!

Vertigo Theatrics presents the hilarious comedy, Bathroom Humor. It runs two weekends, from January 9-18, 2009. This gives you over a week to sober up from new year's eve! It's an incredibly funny play and you're guaranteed to be continuously laughing. Vertigo presents their dinner theatre productions at the Masonic Temple, located at 755 S. Saginaw St in downtown Flint. For further information, go to: http://www.vertigotheatrics.com or call 810-239-7469.

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:03 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Is The Greatest Flint Comedy Corporation doing anything with this too?

No, Ryan, they're not doing anything at all with this production. Hey, it would be really great to see you there! Here's the release that will be going into the Flint Journal:

Vertigo Theatrics presents dinner theatre at Downtown Flint’s Historic Masonic Temple. The play will be performed at 755 S. Saginaw, Flint, MI 48502. The holidays have flown by as usual and left us in need of a diversion. Vertigo’s production of Bathroom Humor by William VanZandt & Jane Milmore is just what the doctor ordered!

This hilarious new farce from the authors of Love, Sex and the I.R.S. , Suitehearts and Having a Wonderful Time, Wish You Were Her, among other plays, have certainly come up with a novel setting: the play takes place in the bathroom of a home during a party, a handy place for gossip and hanky panky, where we learn of the wild and crazy things going on at the party. The show is ingeniously contrived so that we feel if we had gone to this party, we too might have spent most of our time hiding out in the bathroom! This slick, sophisticated and thoroughly funny show, throws zany, action packed jokes at the audience one after another. This wild and outrageous production is sure to be a laugh a minute exercise in after the “holiday blues” therapy. It is worth the trip to downtown Flint to experience the inane, wacky antics of this incredibly talented cast of characters.

Vertigo’s Bathroom Humor dinner show features; Kyle Badgley of Lapeer, Doug Bloodgood of Otter Lake, Mark Bonto of Flint, Erin Caudell of Flint, Dave Kennedy of Davison, Amanda Newman of Davison, Marwan Prince of Flint and Deanna Ziots of Grand Blanc.

Vertigo Theatrics has been offering dinner theatre at the Historic Masonic Temple for over eleven years and looks forward to many more years of bringing quality entertainment to the Flint area. "We are proud to be the “only” semi-professional theatre operating in Flint or the surrounding counties," stated Ted Valley Executive Artistic Director/Producer of Vertigo Theatrics.

Dinner will be served prior to the performances of Bathroom Humor at 7pm January 9th, 10th, 16th and 17th. Lunch will be served January 18th at 1:30 pm. The box office opens 30 minutes prior to dinner being served. Dinner tickets are $35 at the door or $30 prepaid in advance. Tickets for the performance only are $20 (no other discounts apply). Group rates are available, call for details. Reservations are required by calling (810) 239-7469 or seats purchased online at www.vertigotheatrics.com.

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:18 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

i'll be there with three of my friends from burton and flint. hey mark, will you be as funny in this one as the others? we've seen mostly all of your plays!

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:38 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Funnier. Thanks, Opinionated, I appreciate it. Be sure to meet me and the rest of the cast after the play!

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:04 am 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

The show WAS hilarious!

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:39 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
The show WAS hilarious!

You were there? Which night? Why didn't you come up and say hi afterwards? The Flint Journal review was really good, too!

Spread the word! We close this coming weekend and we're already close to selling out! It promises to be a lot of fun and continued hilarity!

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:48 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: