FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: CITY OF FLINT, MICHIGAN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for the reply. First of all I work in Flint every day and have for several years get your facts straight before you tell the world more lies. Also, I don't live in Detroit.
Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 am 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

First and foremost, it seems you’re the one with deluded facts. If you haven’t noticed “working” is a whole lot different than “living.” You've got no right to say what Flint residents should or shouldn't do, seeing you don't "reside" there. Unless you reside at your work. Before you tell people to stop whining about Flint facts, you should realize you don’t have a leg to stand on. Also, this is not the “world.” Don’t try to be larger than you are. From research and sources I know, they said you lived in Detroit. If that was misinformation, then people close to you don’t even know you.

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:50 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
Adam, if yes I do go to council meetings, and yes I was there tonight. Tonight was a fantastic display of competent leadership by Mr. Brown.

If you are leaning toward Darryl, then apparently you haven't been paying attention. Darryl is a flunky, and was a henchman for "The Don". He was unsuccessful as an ombudsman, he was unsuccessful as a councilman, and he was unsuccessful as a city administrator/deputy mayor/director of governmental operations. This guy has no leadership ability. I thought that's what we agreed was needed. If we must make a decision based on the short list we currently have, then we must do better than Darryl.

Technically it was "The Don" who agreed to put in Mike Brown. I can see Darryl retaining Brown but it is still early. Darryl does seem to work well with people and seems to me to hae worked under very "unfreindly" conditions. Hopefully whoever wins will maitain Brown as administrator so we can maintain momentum.

Inez was able to solidify herself and have a long positive career so hopefully Brown can do the same.

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:56 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Adam, Brown seems to have some strong leadership skill. I realize that "The Don" appointed him, but I don't think it was by choice. I think that he was pressured to both appoint Brown and to quit. I don't have all the evidence yet, but I believe he was given a "do it or else" ulitimatum. Whoever is truly responsible for Brown, he seems to be working hard to right the ship. If he continues on his current path, I would love to see him retained.

I'm still not sold on Darryl. I will admit that he has worked under some hostile conditions, however, he has never stood on his own two feet. He has been a yes man. I am not a fan of non-independent thinkers.
Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:19 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

I'm just leaning towards Darryl. I'm not dead set on him but I think he may have the sense to retain Brown. I'm concerned others might want to use the administrator position to pay off their friends/supporters.

Who are you leaning towards?
Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:30 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Adam, I'm withholding judgment until I see the complete list of selections. The best candidate in the last election cycle didn't make it out of the primary, and he's not running this time. I supported Walling in the general election, but only because he was head and shoulders above Williamson in ability to turn Flint around. Walling is one of the 4 that picked up petitions this morning, however, I have learned a little more about his character since the last election. It will take him some great effort to regain my support.

There are a couple of rumored candidates that I find intriguing, but it is too early to tell who may emerge. I will concede that if the primary produces a scenario where Walling and Buchanon face off, Buchanon has a good shot. I just hope a quality candidate throws their name in the hat so that we don't run that risk.
Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:27 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

if we do get the Walling-Buchanan scenario I thing all we'd have to do is throw out the "recall card" and force them to keep Brown and most/all of his team but I think I'd definately go with Buchanan in that scenario.

I think Brown and his team might be able to make any of the candidates look like Rudy Giuliani. lol

I was even impressed with the council at the meeting. It was like a Pee-wee team became the Red Wings overnight.
Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:13 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for your reply. For the last time, Flint 8 or whatever or whomever you are. Get your facts straight. First, I'm not going to play on your stupidity any further. Because you probably don't no any better. It's none of your damn business where I live. As it is none of mine where you live. If you in fact live in Flint I perhaps may live in the neighborhood. Plus, you leave me at a disadvantage, you seem to know my name, Thats because I don't hid behind any aliases. You think you know me, but I'm sure we have never met. Because if we had and conversed in intelligent conversations you would know that I graduated from college in Flint and my heart is Flint, Michigan and has been for the last 22 years. And finally, the conversation that was started was about Flint, Michigan leadership and who may be the best person or persons to fill those great voids, This respondant has no interests in running for any offices.

lastly, I love and enjoy my 1st amendment rights as you do. If you don't know what's in that amendment. I'm happy to share that information. (FREEDOM OF SPEECH)
Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:44 pm 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

First, stop with the ridiculous auto responses. If you’re thanking me for my reply, then be genuine. Don’t give me a bunch of crap about how thankful you are and how nice it is to express my response and then respond with a post riddled with spelling, grammar, and English mistakes. You literally wrote things which could only be equated to by my three year-old son. In fact, he writes better than you do. Secondly, you mentioned stupidity? You’re playing into your own stupidity! First you tell people to stop “whinning” (still trying to figure that one out) about the mayor when it’s a city you don’t even reside in! Then you tell Adam to stop his “whinning” and run for mayor. That’s an obvious. You’re just posting to post. Wasting space. How about getting your facts straight? If you work in Flint, good. The mayor has little decision-making on things that directly affects non-residents. So stop your bitching! You say I don’t “no” any better? I’m assuming you meant “know” since you graduated from college in Flint. Yes, it’s apparent I “know” a little more than you. A lot more, in fact. You say you may live in my neighborhood? I doubt it. That infers that you live in Flint. It’s also very apparent you’re not computer literate. Do you have a website? What is it? You say you don’t “hid” behind aliases? Then where do you live? Put it out there, if you’re not “hid”ing. Again your college education must be kicking up. I don’t hide behind anything, but much like you don’t think it’s any of my business where you live, it’s none of your damn concern what my name is.

No, I never said I think I know you. I’m confident I don’t, nor do I want to. I’m sure we have never met, either, but if you ever stay in the city long enough other than to work, maybe you’ll see me outside, or in, of City Hall! If you don’t know where that is, ask anyone in this forum. Big building. Flint, Michigan. Saginaw street.

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:09 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for your reply, Flint 8? By the way is Flint 8 your age or IQ? Have you never heard the phrase "It is better to look a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?"

Ps Stay of the subject matter. Who is best qualified to lead the city of Flint, Michigan?
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:22 am 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for your reply, Flint 8. By the way is Flint 8 your age or IQ? Have you never heard the phrase "It is better to look a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt?"

Ps, stay on the subject matter. It's not about Ronald Barry Robinson. But who is best qualified to lead the city of Flint, Michigan?
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:40 am 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

You keep giving us those stupid auto responses and they’re robtic! No one will take you seriously if you become automatic, ronald. Or believe a word you say. My age and I.Q. comes when you give us your address, mr. non-resident. If it’s none of my busniness where you live – then keep out of my personal stuff! I can guarantee you, just from judging from your grammar and spelling, that my I.Q. is at least a hundred higher than yours! I don’t have to go by three names to let people know who I am. Also stop with the ridiculous sayings. If it’s better to look like a fool, than you’ve already accomplished that.

okay, I’ll stick to the subject if you can stop with the dumbass personal comments. Who is best qualified to lead the city of Flint, Michigan? First, a resident. Someone who knows the people, knows the city, and knows what residents want. Also, someone who is the opposite of Williamson. Honestly, I don’t know Brown very well (yet), but I can guarantee he’ll do a much better job than the Don ever did! I'd like to see a Scott Kincaid or a Jackie Poplar head this town.

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:23 am 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for your reply, flint 8. Why don't you run for Mayor. So that we the people can recall you. Flint 8 you must be a republican, with all your rants and idiotic replies. I guess thats why the Republicans lost in November.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:13 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Flint8, Really??? Kincaid or Poplar??? Please, either of these two would be a disaster as mayor. From some of their actions on City Council I am not convinced they have the best interest of the citizens at heart. The person on council that seems to be the most level headed and possible able to step forward and lead is Delrico Loyd.
Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:50 am 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

Still giving your moronic canned reply, ronald? Why do you keep thanking me if you’re not really thankful? It’s obvious you’re not open to learning – a sure sign of a loser. Now that’s a good idea – someone running for mayor just to recall him. That’s the most ridiculous, unbelievably stupid thing I’ve ever heard! You are wrong (again - what else is now). I vote straight Democrat. Idiotic replies? Once again, you’re making a shame out of the Democratic party, you imbisile. Good job of sticking to the subject, moron.

Bossman, I can see your concerns with those two. However, believe it or not,. Poplar stands up for us and is strong on issues. Kincaid, while may not be looking out all the time for our bestr interest, is easily a better selection for me than Williamson ever could be. Tell us more about Loyd.

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:05 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: