FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: CITY OF FLINT, MICHIGAN
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Someone once said, great minds talk about idea's, average minds talk about events and small minds talk about people. It appears there are alot of small minds in Flint, Michigan masquerading as so called leaders. But in reality they are simply "pustule". All the hate, back biting and fingerpointing is destroying the fabric of this once proud city. First, instead of spending millions of tax payer dollars that Flint can ill afford on recalling elected officials, simply at election time if your not satisfied vote there asses out of office and keep there asses out of offices, elected or otherwise. Flint recalls and lawsuits against the Mayor and City Council has made Flint the laughing stock of Michigan. We need to ask ourselves at what price has it cost this community in businesses, real dollars and prestige? Secondly, The city of Flint, Michigan is reported to be 60 to 70 percent minority. This means all minorites, not just African Americans. Guess what? It is primarily that 60 to 70 percent minority that is footing the bills for these idiotic recalls. Thirdly, Tax payer's stop being used by those "wolves in sheeps clothing" that promote there own self serving and singular agenda's. As long as they know that they can use "you" the tax payer . They will continue to use "you". How can Flint ever become a viable prosperous and successful city with stupity as its model? CHANGE, YES WE CAN.
Post Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:24 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

These recalls are a waste of money! I say if a elected official is charged with a crime and found guilty he should serve till the voters vote him out!

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Amen!!

quote:
ronald barry robinson schreef:
Someone once said, great minds talk about idea's, average minds talk about events and small minds talk about people. It appears there are alot of small minds in Flint, Michigan masquerading as so called leaders. But in reality they are simply "pustule". All the hate, back biting and fingerpointing is destroying the fabric of this once proud city. First, instead of spending millions of tax payer dollars that Flint can ill afford on recalling elected officials, simply at election time if your not satisfied vote there asses out of office and keep there asses out of offices, elected or otherwise. Flint recalls and lawsuits against the Mayor and City Council has made Flint the laughing stock of Michigan. We need to ask ourselves at what price has it cost this community in businesses, real dollars and prestige? Secondly, The city of Flint, Michigan is reported to be 60 to 70 percent minority. This means all minorites, not just African Americans. Guess what? It is primarily that 60 to 70 percent minority that is footing the bills for these idiotic recalls. Thirdly, Tax payer's stop being used by those "wolves in sheeps clothing" that promote there own self serving and singular agenda's. As long as they know that they can use "you" the tax payer . They will continue to use "you". How can Flint ever become a viable prosperous and successful city with stupity as its model? CHANGE, YES WE CAN.

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

The problem is this clown is so dirty he seems to have everyone scared to enforce the laws he regularly breaks. The damn city council won't even enforce the City Charter which he continuously defiles. "The Don" is an imbecile who has run the city into the ground. The sooner he is recalled, the better off the City of Flint will be.
Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:20 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:
The problem is this clown is so dirty he seems to have everyone scared to enforce the laws he regularly breaks. The damn city council won't even enforce the City Charter which he continuously defiles. "The Don" is an imbecile who has run the city into the ground. The sooner he is recalled, the better off the City of Flint will be.

To be fair I'm not sure if Flint has ever followed the updated charter since it was instated.
Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:16 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Bossman schreef:

What about the documented Charter violations by the Council?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Dave... you have to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

The issue currently before us is the recall of the Mayor. Once that is out of the way, we can then start the process of getting a capable and competent Council.

If you read the statement by Bossman, he admits that the Council has failed in their jobs, but since they are up for election next year, we can deal with those folks in August and November....
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:

What about the documented Charter violations by the Council?

And really, does this negate what Don has done?
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I understand; it's just target selection. Selective enforcement, if you will.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
I understand; it's just target selection. Selective enforcement, if you will.

More a matter of timing....

Come on Dave... walk with me as I chew my gum.
Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:59 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

Dear Friends,

At this time last year, we were closing down the campaign after an exceptionally close lose in my bid to become Flint's mayor. My family and I sure want to thank you because you were there during and after the campaign. I have vivid memories of the final moments we were together at UAW Local 599 that night when we knew we had been stopped just short of victory. I vowed that the fight for Flint's future would continue--and it has in lots of good ways.

Surprisingly though, the next election round may upon us sooner than expected. A successful petition drive gathered over 15,000 signatures and has placed a recall against the incumbent on the February 2009 ballot. If he is forced out, then the next election will start the next day in the dead of winter. There are rumors of his resignation before then to avoid responsibility for the millions in overspending and deficit.

Because of this, I believe it is my responsibility to get prepared now to run again--whether the opportunity comes through recall, resignation, rematch or a new regular election. While the date is uncertain, my commitment is sure.

What this means is that we have to build a strong foundation now because we may not have the luxury of time later. I will also need to spend all of the short time that is available in a special election out talking to voters all across the city. So I am asking for your financial support now. Will you please make a contribution to my next campaign fund?

I believe that we can do this together. Times are tough, and they are especially hard on families in Flint who simply want to be safe in their homes and see their children have a chance in life. All those kids I have met in Flint's neighborhoods, churches, and schools, they deserve a change at city hall. Click here to make a contribution by credit card.

You may also send checks to Friends of Dayne Walling, PO Box 937, Flint, MI 48501.

I will keep you updated on the latest developments. Thank you again for your tremendous support and efforts on my behalf.

Sincerely,

P.S. By Michigan law, each individual can contribute up to $1,000 per election cycle. A new cycle started the day after the election in 2007 and goes through the next election--whenever it takes place. It is a fresh start. Please contribute as much as you can today.
Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:09 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

LISTEN-UP. The conversation/message never was about the Mayor or city council. It was about the poor mentality/judgement of some people in this city. The message was about the future of this once great city and it's rebirth. Tax payer's and others need to stop depending on government to help. There is not going to be any "bail-outs." Each and everyone of us has a part to play regardless of who you are or who may be in charge. Regardless of your positions, religious affiliations or financial situation. Get off your asses and stop bitching about whats wrong. Get away from the "me and I" syndrome. Ask yourselves "honestly" what are you contributing now to the quality/revitalization of life in your neighborhood, the city or county? If you see something that needs to be fixed, fix it. But stop all the drama.

Obviously Flint, Michigan can't be that bad. We're still here.
Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:04 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Let's see. Don runs the city in debt 9 million in just two years. It cost what? 250 thousnd to run an election? Hmmm If we recall him now. We save 8.75 million over the next two years! Yes I think I'd be willing to help pay for that! SHould I give the City Clerk my donation to help pay for the election to recall a corrupt politician?
Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

www.DayneWallingForMayor.com
Post Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:30 pm 
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Citizenss of Flint be careful of what you wish for. There are enough carpet baggers and wanna -be's already in Flint, Michigan. Just because someone shows up in town and satisfy's the residency rules or comes back to town after years away does not make them the best choices for leadership. Do your research.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:02 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: