FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Flint Journal

Topic: People of Flint the problem

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Snappajack

I'm a graduate of Flint Beecher, i moved from the area a couple of years ago, and like most, I LOVE FLINT, but with that said, Flint's high elected officals as well as the people of Flint have got to stand up to major corparations. G.M. as we all know has been pulling out of Flint for years, but good products kept plants there. Now that plants are closing, i think Flint people should invest in themselves and their children. Stop blaming teachers and schools for the education the kids are getting, really i think the adults in Flint need to step their game up. Also the people of Flint have got to stand up for themselves, instead of destoying there neighborhoods. They should be building. Instead of 65% of the population having a new caddy in the drive-way, they should invest there money into businesses in there community. We all like nice things, but really what is the logic on having $50,000 worth of vehicles and a $30,000 house? What i'm trying to say is no one is going to make Flint a better place, no one but FLINT-STONES!

Janario Watson
Florence, Ky 41042

p.s. a lil about myself, i left flint in 2003 because i couldn't find a good job. I moved to northern Kentucky. I started my own trucking company with less than $20,000. "now you know i couldn't have got a caddy truck for that". The point i'm trying to make is Flint people are part of the problem, you have got to want something besides driving a new truck down clio rd. Can you imagine if the people of Flint invested into themselves...... it would have a better impact on flint than blaming G.M for ever. With that said... i enjoy the flint jornal every day and i thank you for listening to my opinion.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:23 pm 
katy
F L I N T O I D

your opinion is appreciated, but you answered your own concerns..
anyone who is driven to invest in themselves are leaving because there is less red tape and bad politics elsewhere.
why did you take your savings to kentucky.
i agree that the people of flint should stop blaming and stand up, but its easier said than done, especially from way out where you are...

does anyone have an opinion that they can support themselves?
Post Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:37 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

It is a shame the auto industry continues to move out of the Flint area. Why do the politicians continue to allow this to happen? Give the companies any tax break necessary to keep them in town. You will regain any lost tax revenues with people who are working. I can assure you this, GM has not slowed down in building vehicles they are just not building them in Flint. How could this have happened? Was it local leaders or union mentality. I believe they both contributed to the cause.
I love Flint and my Mom and sister both are still living there. I on the other hand, left many years ago and have done quite well for myself. My wife is from Flint too and we visit many times a year, much to her dislike though. I also love the Mackinac area too which we vacation every summer.
People of Flint need to stop the violence and take better care of their city. Without the people of Flint standign up and taking responsibility for their actions, it will not get any better! Quit blaming everyone but themselves. The government cannot be responsible for everything happening there. If you want that to take place then move to a country like China that tells you what you can and cannot do. I'm sure we do not want that.
Post Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:08 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Well, until the people of Flint stand up and demand a change things will continue down the same path. We need to start getting involved and helping make a bigger difference

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Go Powers

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Well, until the people of Flint stand up and demand a change things will continue down the same path. We need to start getting involved and helping make a bigger difference

You know, I see you putting your 2 cents in, all over this website, but you owe us all a big refund because you dont really say anything. Why dont you add "its for the children" or that you're trying to protect us from terorists?

I see there's video on this sight. Maybe you can get someone to videotape you waving a flag.

Ryan, I'm only saying this stuff as a service to the community. I think its time we all got together to do what we can to support the programs so crucial to the betterment of us all, for generations to come yada yada yada.
Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:09 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Go Powers schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

You know, I see you putting your 2 cents in, all over this website, but you owe us all a big refund because you dont really say anything. Why dont you add "its for the children" or that you're trying to protect us from terorists?

I see there's video on this sight. Maybe you can get someone to videotape you waving a flag.

Ryan, I'm only saying this stuff as a service to the community. I think its time we all got together to do what we can to support the programs so crucial to the betterment of us all, for generations to come yada yada yada.

Well, people need to start talking, wether its one sentence or a hour long talk. I am glad to see people like The Laundry Room Guys, Terry Bankert, Bob Leonard talking about the real issues.

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Go Powers schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

It is for the children!

Post Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:41 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: