FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Problems airing City Council meetings on Comcast 17
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Comcast's failure to air Flint City Council meeting at noon happens again today. This time "C:13:00 The disc is dirty" keeps flashing on screen. Called one of the 3 numbers listed in the new phone book (delivered last week) and recording says it's changed to an 888 phone number. Called that number, bottom line, man said he'll contact someone and report it. Now just a "Sony DVD Player" logo flashing on screen. He also said it's not true that it's aired from Southfield office. I told him the only reason I still have Comcast is to watch City Council meetings and if they keep having trouble showing it I will change TV providers.

Ted, can you enlighten us?

Edit (addition) 1:00 p.m. - There's now audio for Special Council Meeting January 31, 2011 but no video! Scroll line just went by, there's no video due to technical difficulty.

Edited 02/20/11 to change title.

Last edited by 00SL2 on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:28 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Give me a copy and I will put it up an youtube,

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Since we don't allow comcrud in our house, Youtube would be great for council meetings.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:20 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

MPSC - Video/Cable
http://www.michigan.gov/mpsc/0,1607,7-159-49641---,00.html

Spotlight

• MPSC issues annual report of Status of Competition for Video Services in Michigan (Feb. 1, 2011)
Pursuant to Section 12(2) of 2006 PA 480, the MPSC issues its 2010 annual report on the Status of Competition for Video Services in Michigan.
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mpsc/Status_of_Competition_for_Video_Services_2010_344448_7.pdf
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Things have not worked out well since Comcast closed their studio in Flint. Sometimes the problem is not the fault of the Flint producer, but is that of the Southfield studio.

In their settlement of the lawsuit against Comcast, the city accepted very very old broadcast equipment so Flint could build their own studio. City spent the money on something else and the equipment was useless dinosaurs.

AT&T has not generated enough customers where they have tp provide public programming. Council, led by Scott Kincaid, many years ago blocked WOW, Wide Open West, from bringing cable services here. While they provide such services south of Flint, Council was negotiating a 17 Yr renewal with Comcast, that had an exclusivity clause. Council was desperately trying to push back a state takeover and wanted the signing money from the Comcast contract. Then the state took over the cable companies. After this contract, the state will take the franchise fees and the city will be forced to maintain the right of ways.
Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Sun., Feb. 20, 2011, 12:07 p.m., another fried airing of City Council meeting. Wendy at the mike, tape is frozen at a hiccup on the word "to."

Webs, with all your connections, can you get the Comcast problems fixed?
Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:22 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

One more time!!
Give me a copy and I will put it up on youtube. I guarantee more people will see it and it will be archived.

I have an old youtube account and can put it up in it's entirety.

Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Steve, try contacting paul@spectacleproductions.com - that's the address shown on 17.
Post Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:34 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

happened again - no sound on the council meeting.
Post Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:59 pm 
insider
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

I am pretty sure the no sound is planned. There is NO WAY that that is something someone can't figure out how to fix.
Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:37 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
insider schreef:
quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

I am pretty sure the no sound is planned. There is NO WAY that that is something someone can't figure out how to fix.
It didn't happen until about 1:30, after one of the DVDs had been changed. If what you say is true what could possible reason be--isn't Paul being paid? He also tapes the mayor's shows doesn't he? By the way, Comcast just mailed new rate sheets though I haven't checked them out thoroughly yet. They're still requiring the analog users to have their cable boxes (for a fee) to get digital, and have eliminated a bunch of channels at minimum basic level but we can still get channel 17 without it.
Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:37 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Not being able to watch council meetings on TV is far outweighed by not having the entity known as comcrap in my home.

That said, I'm still waiting for the money that Paul said would be flowing from Obama to our block club if we "registered" it with the city.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
That said, I'm still waiting for the money that Paul said would be flowing from Obama to our block club if we "registered" it with the city.
Paul Herring? What did he have to do with block club registrations?
Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:21 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Paul Herring? What did he have to do with block club registrations?

At a meeting at Doyle-Ryder, I asked my councilman, Bernard Lawler, what the reason for registering block clubs was. Before he could answer, Herring jumped in and said that Obama would be told of the needs of Flint, and he would send money which registered block clubs would get a share of.

Well, our block club is registered & we haven't seen a penny. We do get monthly crime stats though, so it's not all bad.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I never expected to see a cent & realize that what Paul said was pure BS, but he DID say it.

BTW, since the city didn't get around to it, we boarded up the front door of the house next door that was totally trashed inside. The city, however, did put a condemned notice on the boarded up door.

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:14 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Ted, can you enlighten us?

I really wish I could enlighten ya on this. As I've said many times before. Call Lee Gonzales, Debra Cherry, John Gleason, Dave Robertson, Brenda Clack and ask them why they turned control over to comcast?

then maybe give the Mayor's office a call and ask him why the City hasn't done anything to take over control of channel 17 and the other channels we were promised 10 years ago. Until it becomes politically expedient for our elected officials to do something about it. We are going to continue to get BS responses from Comcast as to why our shows are always screwing up. It took almost two years to for them to even give us the the engineering specs for the DVD's to be given to them. After our officials sold us down the river. I blame Comcast and our elected officials all bought and paid for by AT&T.
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: