FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Bob Leonard Show

Topic: His show the other day was

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to what his thoughts were about the Ombudsman pick.

I believe, that while knocking Terry for statements he made before the vote. Then appling them after the vote is taking the issue out of context. It will be interesting.

While I'm not thrilled with the back ground of the chosen person. They were voted upon and have the office. We still need to give her support. Plain and simple.

I would hope that instead of name calling he/we could discuss the manner and ways the office is going to run now. But, Council choosing this person. Has only left them open for even more criticism.

Personally, I felt her ideas were very "OFF THE WALL" It doesn't make sense to me, to have the city divided into quadrants, with an investigator in each quadrant. To me it would make more sense to have people with experience and qualifications in certain disciplines working for you. Rather than having 4 different people investigating the same problems in four different physical areas. Having one person to work on Water issues, or Mayoral issues. Another work on Police issues, and another work on City services. But, I guess, my experience wasn't even worth an interview. (so really, what do I know) I would have thought that someone with a police background would have thought that way. I mean, you don't have an officer who is a automotive accident investigator, investigating gang violence. You don't have a special victims officer, investigating a dog bite. Well maybe in Flint we do. But, that's not how run a Department or Manage people.

These are the things that are going to be interesting to see how they work out.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 7:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: