FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Weed and Seed?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
TEd J

rapunzel, What exactly is "Weed and Seed"? Are the meetings open to any tom, dick or harry? Meaning can I somehow slip into a meeting? WHo Votes? Or is there even a vote? WHo decides where this money is spent? Who actually applied for the money and controls it? You can give me a call if that is easier.
Post Thu May 11, 2006 4:35 pm 
Adam

http://www.flint-fews.org/

The main thing I get out of it is people like to argue and bicker. lol jk I've been to 2 meetings. I think it would be cool if Rap would sum up what happened at the last one. I was caught up in the story of Giuliani' bringing back NYC. I'm also not sure how you get on the board either. The Weed and Seed didn't even seem to know who was authorized to vote at the last meeting.
Post Fri May 12, 2006 12:16 pm 
Ted J

WHen and Where is the Next meeting?
Post Sat May 13, 2006 1:53 pm 
rapunzel

quote:
Adam schreef:
http://www.flint-fews.org/

The main thing I get out of it is people like to argue and bicker. lol jk I've been to 2 meetings. I think it would be cool if Rap would sum up what happened at the last one. I was caught up in the story of Giuliani' bringing back NYC. I'm also not sure how you get on the board either. The Weed and Seed didn't even seem to know who was authorized to vote at the last meeting.

Usually the meetings go much smoother. To vote you must be a rep. from one of the eastside orgs. like a crimewatch or CNTF ect or a rep. on Law enforcemant part. NOW ADAM, tell the truth there was no bickering at the First meeting you attended!!!

You can visit the website for info. Weed initiative is the law enforcement endeavors-stings(opening city jail), purchase of equipment for COPS officers, training for gang violence ..extras to help in Weeding out the negative.

The SEED part is helping existing programs to better the neighborhoods. We supported Clean and Green which has youths maintain properties like those from the land bank and others. Support to help crimewatches, CNTF supplies, programs to teach children about gun violence its ramifications, programs to keep kids off the street and occupied in a safe haven with sports ect. To seed is to help an existing program to grow and be able to maintain itself after the grant is No longer available. Seeding the positive.

This is the last fiscal year for the Eastside grant. Quarterly meetings are in the afternoon...so Jerry read not after 7pm when you could attend. sorry.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 10:11 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hey, after i discovered that "The undercover investigation was conducted through the department's East Side Weed & Seed Program." When they knew "Customers came forward saying the bar paid winners of those poker machines." Then obviously on Overtime "Police staged an undercover investigation early Saturday morning at the Thrift City Bar on Davison Road on Flint's east side."

How totally Looney Tune! They should have first cited the bar for using the machines in the manner that they did. How, much do you want to bet. THis just turns into a waste of time. I realise, I'm not a police officer. But, doesn't this seem like over kill? Wouldn't common sense and bit of logicial thinking say, Let's make the first step and give them a ticket. Before having a full scale undercover investigation. But, again. Who am I?

I would like to be at some of these meetings. So If I have to take time off of work. I will. I have the oppertunity now to be able to do that. Just not on Monday Evenings.
Post Sun May 14, 2006 11:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: