FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Comedy On Tap

Topic: Flint Movie and TV Trivia

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

So I see you're a Pee Wee fan, twotap. Asking his real name would be wayyyy to easy for you.

By the way, anyone "Googling the answers" to these questions will be immediately disqualified from getting to sit atop the Citizens Bank ball!

1. Pee Wee Herman's real name (not for trivia buff's like twotap who obviously know the answer).

2. Nicholson's line "You can't handle the truth" is from what movie?

3. Tom Cruise's line preceding Nicholson's "You can't handle the truth" line.

I said no fair Googling or watching the movie to find out!

4. Kevin Pollack's character's name in that movie?

5. The last name of the family in "A Christmas Story"?

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Wow, I'm surprised! Shocked There's hasn't been any replies to this!

People of Flint, are you so engulfed with politics around Flint Talk that these questions are not interesting to you? Ae you not movie or TV buffs? These questions too easy? Too hard? Just not interesting? Come on!

The movie is "A Few good Men." I'll leave the rest up to you.

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

If you can give us Flint oriented trivia, then we can bite. I'll give you one. What was the last scripted, non-documentary film before Semi-Pro to film scenes in Flint?

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:58 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

How about "What long running Fox series has mentioned Flint 3 times in their 18 year run?

What short lived ABC series starring Helen Hunt centered around an Irish American family growing up in Flint in the 1970's?

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:15 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Question #1: The Simpsons
Question #2: First, a correction. The show was on CBS. It was The Fitzpatricks. Two factual errors in the very first show. Flint never had a steel mill and Flint's terrain is as flat as a pancake. There are no mountains in Flint as was depicted in the soap box derby scene.

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:47 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
If you can give us Flint oriented trivia, then we can bite. I'll give you one. What was the last scripted, non-documentary film before Semi-Pro to film scenes in Flint?

Was there one? Okay, I'll try it, but first - Flint-oriented movie trivia? That thread should be about a page long! I'm not sure how much trivia or variation is there, but if I agree that's probably a better route in thnis venue.

The last scripted, non-documentary film before Semi-Pro to film scenes in Flint? My sources tell me Chameleon Street in 1990, although I've never heard of that. Otherwise, you stumped me on that one.

Speaking of semi-pro sports, what local semi-pro football team began in 2003 at Flint's Atwood Stadium as a member of the OVFL? They shared the stadium with their league rival the Flint Fury.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:53 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
Speaking of semi-pro sports, what local semi-pro football team began in 2003 at Flint's Atwood Stadium as a member of the OVFL? They shared the stadium with their league rival the Flint Fury.

OVFL? Is that the O Varian Football League?
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:12 am 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:

Was there one? Okay, I'll try it, but first - Flint-oriented movie trivia? That thread should be about a page long! I'm not sure how much trivia or variation is there, but if I agree that's probably a better route in thnis venue.

The last scripted, non-documentary film before Semi-Pro to film scenes in Flint? My sources tell me Chameleon Street in 1990, although I've never heard of that. Otherwise, you stumped me on that one.

You're correct, Mark!

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:51 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

How many of you remember the Flint Arrows?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:15 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

That minor league baseball team predates me. They played at Atwood Stadium. Since the 1960s renovations, only football and soccer can be played at Atwood.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:05 am 
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

I thought the Flint Arrows played at the stadium that was behind the old IMA auditorium.
AND, at Halloween time the show "The Fitzpatricks" did an episode about Devil's Night"in Flint. No one, I know, had ever heard of Devil's Night"in Flint. Then the next year, after the show had aired, houses started burning on Devil's night.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:40 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Athletic Park? That's where all the IMA factory leagues played. The Arrows played at Atwood. One of my cousins had a crush on their shortstop.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Good guess, FC, but wrong. While OVFL could stand for O Varian Football League, On Valium Football League, or Over Valerie (an old girlfriend, but as you can see - she's ancient history) Football League, it really stands for the Ohio Valley Football League. They shared Atwood with the Fury.

The local semi-pro football team that began in 2003 at Flint's Atwood Stadium as a member of the OVFL was The Genesee County Patriots.

For Dave, Flinn, and shintz62, yes, I remember the Flint Arrows. They were a professional baseball team here from 1948-1951. They were a part of the Central League and played their home games at Atwood Stadium. They won the Central League Championship in 1948, and 1950.

For Flinn, you're right. The Fitzpatricks were on CBS, not ABC, during the 1978-1979 season. It was a drama about an Irish Catholic working class family living in Flint. Of course, it's the Flint, Michigan with mountains!

Okay, one more for all Flint trivialists: Flint is referenced in a 1994 episode of the The Simpsons. Bart's class visits a factory. When asked if they will get to see a finished product, the tour guide replies, "Well, we don't assemble them here - that's done in Flint, Michigan." What kind of product does that factory manufacture?

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:07 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: