FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: Comcast Cable
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Comcast Cable Television to raise rates by 13.5 percent. Greed, Greed, Greed. Do you hear that sucking sound again? Enough is enough. It's time to take a stand. Flint and Genesee county are already impoverished with high rates of un-employment and soup lines above the national average. People are starving and dying in this community. This community is burdened enough. The citizens don't need their hard earned dollars siffoned off and sent to the parent company in Philadelphia to enrich further the largest cable company in the world with million dollar bonuses and stock options for its executives. These people in Philadelphia "don't" care or give a damn about our community and never have. That should have already been made crystal clear. It seems every other month they raise cable fees. "STOP BUYING THEIR PRODUCTS." Meanwhile as this company "sucks" more dollars from the people, it is laying off employees and closing facilities. If I had cable I would be the first in line to return the equipment. The only way to stop corporate greed and excessive bonuses is to stop buying their products. What's Your Opinion?
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:58 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ronald barry robinson schreef:

*snip*
What's Your Opinion?

Well, my opinion is...

I agree w/ you 100% The most functional way to hurt a corporation is to cost them money, period. Convince 1,000 people to cancel there accounts and they may listen. Convince 10,000 people and you will change policy. convince 100,000 and you will make policy, convince 1,000,000 and you destroy the company. This goes back to old school capitalism where the market dictates business, but with the addition of national & multi-national corporations.... this sadly has gone by the wayside... now it's buyer beware & if you don't like it... you are SOL. Sad

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:22 pm 
last time here

damn opprimo, you are dangerous....

RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!!!! Super Super Super Super Super

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:47 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Right on to both Opprimo AND Ron.

Applause Applause

LTH, RBR can be dangerous, too (you outta see him handle Mr Bankert)! Complaining and shutting down your service is a good answer. Comcast hates, absolutely despises, bad publicity. If the local paper or local TV station gives them a shot or two, it may possibly help. Hey, it's worth a try!

Most people complain and don't like it, but do nothing or very little about it. Local contacts are good and certainly won't hurt, but we need to get ahold of Philadelphia. For both situations - the skyrocketing cable costs and the loss of local Public access. If you want to complain about the rates, the 13.5 percent increase - YOWZAA - Shocked Shocked Shocked then let's unify and complain together. Remember, the one thing we've found constant is that Comcast hates bad publicity and likes increasing customer sales. Thanks, Ron, for giving us your opinion!

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
willy
F L I N T O I D

Are we talking about Comcast or is it COMSHAFT ?
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:30 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Willy,

I am really upset with you that you didn't get the company's name right....you make the checks out to Comcrap or Qualmcast.......sheesh man.

Dancing

Awhile ago I wanted to change from my extra super basic package back to basic and it was going to cost me 20.00 to have this "service" performed....oy.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:07 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Neither, andi03 - it's COMCRAPSTIC! You see, you have to make the "Crap" part look good like they do! Dancing Dancing Dancing

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opprimo schreef:
The most functional way to hurt a corporation is to cost them money, period. Convince 1,000 people to cancel there accounts and they may listen. Convince 10,000 people and you will change policy. convince 100,000 and you will make policy, convince 1,000,000 and you destroy the company. This goes back to old school capitalism where the market dictates business, but with the addition of national & multi-national corporations.... this sadly has gone by the wayside... now it's buyer beware & if you don't like it... you are SOL. Sad

Holy smokes...someone from Flint town that understands capitalism. I salute you, Opprimo.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:44 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Hey Mark, yes, I bow down to your correctness for the name. d'oh!

I can't handle the little guy that tells us to buy the product, I have three children of my own telling me what to purchase for them, do I need another little cretin (lovingly stated) staring at me from the boob tube when my kids are at school telling me what to buy!!!?? <sarcasm>

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:56 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

andi03, I bow down to your analogy! It was great! prayer

I too can't handle the little guy that tells us to buy the product. I also have a couple of kids who just finished demanding all these Christmas gifts. I finally had to put my foot down. I said, "That's it. Keep this whining up and I'LL be the only one playing with your new Nintendo DS!"

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:25 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

mark:

I kid you not my 5 year old came to me in the summer time on one of the hottest days when I would not let them play outside and he said, "Mommy, let's get Comcastic." I about went through the bloomin' roof!!! Needless to say that there was no tellie turned on for about 1 week after that.

Unfortunately, my children received the DS's from Grandma and Grandpa, they asked for our permission though, we stated yes, they have been playing them since Christmas, along with hubby. The youngest has a "Leapster" wonderful system actually....

My husband telecommutes, as do I, so we NEED Comcast Cable at this point. Unfortunately, the DSL has been part of our work life for about 10 years now? If we were to lose it, I would be out of a job and hubby would have to drive down to Troy everyday.

But the Cable is something that we may be learning to do without. I won't consider their phone service AT ALL. Although if I could still see my Law and order series on a 3-4 time a week basis, without the cable, I would be fine. Smile

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:21 am 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

andi03,

That’s a hilarious story about your 5 year-old son. I think my punishment would have been to show him the next bill. Then it would be like, “See how much mommy pays to Comcastic for ‘comcrapping’ on us?”

My kids did not get the DS. Not from grandma, grandpa, or aunt Lucy (and for the record, I really don’t have an aunt Lucy). They seemed to get everything else, but with skyrocketing cable prices, who can afford much these days?

I have heard about the "Leapster" system. Heard good things.

Telecommute, huh? I don’t know if I’d say you guys NEED Comcast Cable, but something that provides the same service as them. I totally agree that cable is quickly becoming something that I too may be learning to do without soon, if they keep up this outrageous price-increasing. I definitely have never had, or like you, never consider their phone service. If you do keep it, not only could you see your “Law And Order” 3-4 times a week, but my “Comedy On Tap,” as well! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:50 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

DSL for the internet, Directv for TV. Just say NO! to Comcrap.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

You go, Dave!

I take it you don't have Comcast now, then?

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
DSL for the internet, Directv for TV. Just say NO! to Comcrap.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:39 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ronald barry robinson schreef:
If I had cable I would be the first in line to return the equipment. The only way to stop corporate greed and excessive bonuses is to stop buying their products. What's Your Opinion?
I've already called and complained to Comcast about increased rates and $4.20 monthly fee for digital converter (need one for each tv?), told them I stopped service once before because of increased rates, it's time to do it again.

You have/produce a show on Comcast and you don't have cable?
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:40 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: