FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: Crack Cocaine
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

Recently the U.S. Supreme Court voted 7-2 on new sentencing guidelines for powdered cocaine and crack cocaine sales and possession. These are drugs of choice. Let America de-criminalize both Cocaine and Marijuana there-by taking the profits away from the drug lords and corrupt governmental entities and tax them like cigarettes and alcohol. These 2 are drugs of choice. These 2 drugs, alcohol and tobacco products alone kill over 1/2 million Americans per year. Lock-em up and throw away the key is not working and has never worked. The war on drugs is not working and has never worked. Tax payer's are spending $billions of dollars yearly on failed drug policies. There presently are over 2 million men and women locked up in Federal and State prisons. It costs tax payer's $25-$30 thousand dollars per year to house, feed and clothe each individual. Hundreds of thousand more (each) if medical assistance is needed. "You do the math". What's your Opinion?
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:19 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Decriminalize powdered and rock? My opinion, what are you smoking? Smile

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:31 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I posted on this in another thread, so I'll skip the details, but crack is as far from harmless as you can get.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
ronald barry robinson schreef:
Recently the U.S. Supreme Court voted 7-2 on new sentencing guidelines for powdered cocaine and crack cocaine sales and possession. These are drugs of choice. Let America de-criminalize both Cocaine and Marijuana there-by taking the profits away from the drug lords and corrupt governmental entities and tax them like cigarettes and alcohol. These 2 are drugs of choice. These 2 drugs, alcohol and tobacco products alone kill over 1/2 million Americans per year. Lock-em up and throw away the key is not working and has never worked. The war on drugs is not working and has never worked. Tax payer's are spending $billions of dollars yearly on failed drug policies. There presently are over 2 million men and women locked up in Federal and State prisons. It costs tax payer's $25-$30 thousand dollars per year to house, feed and clothe each individual. Hundreds of thousand more (each) if medical assistance is needed. "You do the math". What's your Opinion?

what are you trying to do?...put me out of a job?

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:46 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

They're not letting up on you, buddy. Give them your other opinion on this subject. Let them hear your "Judges are easier on whites who use Cocaine than blacks who use crack" spiel. I'd be interested to hear their take on that!

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

bonto............surely even the great comic is aware of the sentencing
guidelines? probably not BUT, you certainly have an opinion.

should cocaine (in any form) be legalized?? mofo are you nuts Guy with axe ?

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:00 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

last time here....yes, even the great comic is very sentence-aware. That's why you should hear Ron's opinion on the difference between the two. Also, I think those guys who smuggled cocaine on the airplane should be harshly sentenced. You heard about that, didn't you? They tried hiding 100 kilos of Coke on a plane. Where do you think they hid it? That's right - in the nose!

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

ah yes bonto, LTH is news informed. i believe ron's argument concerns
sentencing guidelines that pertain to users and nickle-dime dealers.
it regards the disparity in sentencing differences between a small
amount of powder versus a small amount of crack. i'm aware of his
argument and i agree the sentences should be the same. i do
not, however agree the drug should be legalized.

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:02 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Yes, I agree. I don't think it should be legalized, either. LTH, we're on the same page about both points. I think the sentences should be the same, and they remain illegal. Plus, I couldn't imagine if narcotics like that were legalized. Could you imagine walking into a 7-11 and going, "Yeah, I'll take some beef jerky, a pack of cigarettes, a bottle of Pepsi, and oh yeah - while I'm thinking about it, let me get a bag of cocaine. Just a small bag, I'm not going to get totally messed up tonight. Oh, and also, a sucker."

Don't know if I could even hear that conversation.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:23 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

That's way too funny, Bonto! Laughing Laughing Laughing keep up the good work with your show - i love it!

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:30 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

I do not agree with decriminalizing cocaine and marijuana. They destroy too many lives. The war on drugs is one we cannot give up.

Quoting Mark Bonto: They're not letting up on you, buddy. Give them your other opinion on this subject. Let them hear your "Judges are easier on whites who use Cocaine than blacks who use crack" spiel. I'd be interested to hear their take on that!

Response to Mark Bonto: In all fairness, in order to form an intelligent opinion on that subject one would have to see the actual charge, conviction, pre-sentence report and judgment of sentence, as well as to be informed of the race of the judge and the defendant. Quite a time-consuming undertaking.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:05 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Quoting 00SL2: In all fairness, in order to form an intelligent opinion on that subject one would have to see the actual charge, conviction, pre-sentence report and judgment of sentence, as well as to be informed of the race of the judge and the defendant. Quite a time-consuming undertaking.

Response to 00SL2: I couldn't agree with you more. Well, I could , but that would be overly-agreeing, and that's just plain mushy. I've told Ron that exact same thing as what you said, but he has some very valid and good arguments against. As I said in another thread, though, he rarely posts back to his own threads and unless I make him aware of it, he won't respond. But excellent point.

Did you think I was taking an opposing position to that, 00SL2? By the way, I recognize that you're using zeros ("0", "0" SL2), and not "O's." I just wanted him to voice his opinion on it, and then of course, your responses back.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:15 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Mark Bonto schreef:
I've told Ron that exact same thing as what you said, but he has some very valid and good arguments against.
I've heard similar claims about race and disparity in sentencing, but it would be interesting to see Ronald's opinions and why he might think that way. No, I didn't see you express an opinion on this.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:41 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
I do not agree with decriminalizing cocaine and marijuana. They destroy too many lives. The war on drugs is one we cannot give up.

Quoting Mark Bonto: They're not letting up on you, buddy. Give them your other opinion on this subject. Let them hear your "Judges are easier on whites who use Cocaine than blacks who use crack" spiel. I'd be interested to hear their take on that!

Response to Mark Bonto: In all fairness, in order to form an intelligent opinion on that subject one would have to see the actual charge, conviction, pre-sentence report and judgment of sentence, as well as to be informed of the race of the judge and the defendant. Quite a time-consuming undertaking.

Do you believe in economics? The more drug dealers you take of the streets the more you limit supply. The more you limit supply the more likely prices are to go up. The highter the prices go the more drug dealers you have on the steets. The more dlr's you have on the streets the greater the incentive for drug dlr's to eliminate the competition.

At the drug forum I went to they compared crack cocaine to moon shine. Like during prohibition it's better for dlr's to sell more potent stuff than regular alcohol or cocaine.

The other issue is is the war on drugs successful? Show me the success? Show me how the drug war is working and not just costing us money.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:45 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
Do you believe in economics?
I'm not willing to consider the economics of drug trafficking when it involves drugs that kill and ruin lives, let alone the people who kill to get it or deal it. Are you suggesting to legalize these hard drugs for economic reasons?
quote:
The other issue is is the war on drugs successful? Show me the success? Show me how the drug war is working and not just costing us money.
I did not say the war on drugs is successful, I said we have to continue the war on drugs.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:44 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: