FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  »Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The In My Opinion Show

Topic: Race Card

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
ronald barry robinson
F L I N T O I D

The "race card "uncensored/uncovered. Does Flint have another Don Imus or Trent Lott in the making? Why in the 21st century does the color of ones skin or finances determine a place in American Society? According to published reports Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell in a presentation to the board of commissioners criticized Flint 68th District Court Judge Herman Marable Jr. for refusing to lower bond on a pregnant soon to deliver African American woman that had 50 misdemeanors convictions for prostitution and drug related offenses and a history of missed court appearances. Pickell "stated" Marable would have let the women out of jail if he (Marable had to foot the bill). But in further discussions with the board of commissioners, pickell requested more money for his motorcycle honor guard troop that appears in local parades.
The question is what's more important the life/health of an unborn innocent African American child or some chrome plated motorcycles. Sheriff Pickell has appeared many times in African Americans churches and talked about his religious values. Putting the life of an unborn child ahead of his budget seems to be inconsistant with those values. What's Your OPinion?
Post Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:35 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The woman: take her to the hospital when she goes into labor. After she delivers, back to jail. The baby gets put up for adoption.

Motorcycles: there's other things we need a lot more.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

i'm not quite sure this would be considered a "race card" issue.
it's possible marable wanted her to stay in jail to think about her life.
it's possible pickell simply needed the space for real criminals.
i think daves solution is (as far as i know) correct. take her to the
hospital at delivery time. i don't see this as a racial issue. sorry! Confused Confused

Last edited by last time here on Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:04 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am going through my game drawer and I cant find a race card anywhere!!! Where the hell do you get those at?

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

I am going through my game drawer and I cant find a race card anywhere!!! Where the hell do you get those at?

Check with Al & Jessie. They may have extras.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

race card?
Its this type of perception that seems to always keep the race card in play.
You continue to state "an unborn African American child" in your statement.
Isnt it "just a child" regardless of color?
It's the baby that will suffer in the long run....black, white re or brown!
Once you turn out the lights.....it's amazing how similiar we all look in the dark!

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:53 am 
last time here

dude......my man ron......i think your
barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Post Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:13 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ryan, thanks for that post, and calling his bluff......Michigan Hold'em perchance?

Post Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:00 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

"The question is what's more important the life/health of an unborn innocent African American child or some chrome plated motorcycles."

I don't see where in your story there is any correlation between the two, and I don't see where any race card was played. As I read it Sheriff Pickell criticized Judge Marable for refusing to lower bond for a pregnant woman (possibly so she could pay it and be released to deliver her baby) so the county wouldn't have to bear the expense of the medical care. There is nothing in your story to devalue the life of an unborn child!
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:37 pm 
last time here

sometimes these types of questions are better left alone unless
proven relevant. yer too grouchy ron!! chill out. Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:30 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: