FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Williamson Bribes Flint Voters

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
bigkfly
F L I N T O I D

Last weekend, $20,000 was given away to people in attendance at a "Customer Appreciation Cash Giveaway," hosted by Patsy Lou Williamson at her car lot on Linden Road. Mayor Don Williamson used the event to support his campaign. Williamson gave away his campaign literature to all those in attendance (about 3,000 people) and many in attendance were wearing his campaign paraphernalia. http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/11/walling_williamson_start_final.html

According to Michigan election law, "(a) A person shall not, either directly or indirectly, give, lend, or promise valuable consideration, to or for any person, as an inducement to influence the manner of voting by a person relative to a candidate or ballot question, or as a reward for refraining from voting." Michigan Compiled Laws Section 168.931 (1954).

Valuable consideration is defined by the Act as, "money, property, a gift, a prize or chance for a prize, a fee, a loan, an office, a position, an appointment, or employment." Michigan Compiled Laws Section 168.931 (1954).

Williamson does not seem to have learned anything during his prison sentence about breaking the law because he continues his flagrant violations in pursuit of his own personal gain.
Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:01 pm 
BlahBlah48439
F L I N T O I D

\

Ummm I was there and i don't live in Flint, so how is that illegal?

www.DayneWallingForMayor.com
Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:16 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BlahBlah48439 schreef:
\

Ummm I was there and i don't live in Flint, so how is that illegal?

www.DayneWallingForMayor.com
It is blatant manipulation and dishonest for you to show a Walling link that goes directly to Williamson. I'm asking you to please remove the link from your posts immediately. If you don't/won't, then I ask the Moderators to delete the posts containing this link. Mad
Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:07 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Um, you know what OOSL?

type in the website addy daynwallingformayor.com in your URL box.

I really HATE to say this but I checked out the original website registry before, dunno, nothing better to do when the kids were home sick at the time.

Would appear NOTICE i said appear, that someone has redirected the website name to a different IP addy, to the Williamson camp, this means that Dayne's website would have had to have been hacked into.

Someone from Dayne's camp needs to go in and revamp the settings to go to the correct IP addy and reset the passwords for everything.

Something is definitely wrong in Denmark, let me do a little bit more research.

Andi

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:58 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Howdy OOSL:

Here is an editorial that shines some light onto the situation.....hmmm.

http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/wb/138262

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:51 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Dayne's official web site is: www.votewalling.com
Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:56 am 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

Even if he gets away with this violation (and the others), voters are smart and compassionate enough to know that buying votes and politicizing the Eli Florence Foundation is in terribly poor taste and not the kind of conduct we want from our leaders. By all means, honor Lakisha, appreciate your customers, support families with terminally ill children, pass out donuts and coffee all day everyday at your car dealership or the Shelter of Flint – but don't think we're so dumb that we aren't aware of your true motivations, Don.

http://www.hr676.org

http://www.pnhp.org/publications/the_national_health_insurance_bill_hr_676.php
Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:52 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Public D schreef:
Even if he gets away with this violation (and the others), voters are smart and compassionate enough to know that buying votes and politicizing the Eli Florence Foundation is in terribly poor taste and not the kind of conduct we want from our leaders. By all means, honor Lakisha, appreciate your customers, support families with terminally ill children, pass out donuts and coffee all day everyday at your car dealership or the Shelter of Flint – but don't think we're so dumb that we aren't aware of your true motivations, Don.

Methinks we will find out tomorrow evening if you are right. I say, as I have said before, if Williamson gets re-elected it will totally destroy my faith in mankind. Not for the first time. And, I'm sure, not for the last.
Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:57 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: