FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > The Flint Journal

Topic: Now I know why I don't subscribe to the Flint Journal

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski

I wrote an Opinion for the Flint Journal. I thought they might change a few little things. I never expected that they would re-write and leave out 90% of what I had written. This link is what they printed. http://www.mlive.com/columns/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1135353010212390.xml&coll=5#continue

This link is to what I actually wrote. http://www.cityofflint.net/hoodwinked.htm

I have come to the Opinion That the Flint Urinal doesn't like to give people facts! They prefer to obscure points by making them baseless opinions. I wrote the facts! I don't want to just give people my opinion. I want people to be able to see for themselves what the facts are and then make their own decisions. I believe more of us think the same way on much of what is going on in Flint if they were getting the whole story. But, with the LOUSY reporting by the Flint Urinal the people of Flint are making decisions about things going on in our local government, off what they read in the Urinal! Not by what the actual facts are! I don't get it? What is in it for the Urinal to keep people in the dark? Their readership would grow if more people could trust that what they are reporting is actually what happened. This is the reason people like Bob Leonard have a TV show. He regularly will show the actual events on his program, many times it tells a completely different story than the Flint Journal does. People cannot make decisions without facts. This is my problem with the New City Council. Everything they vote on they are taking someone else’s word on as to what their OPINION is. Then accept it as fact. No wonder we are in the shape we are in.
Post Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:32 am 
Adam Ford

Your article makes a lot of sense. I hear doing oil changes helps vehicles last longer. lol I've heard the city used to not even do oil changes on the vehicles.
Post Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:36 pm 
Ted Jankowski

They do, do oil changes. Only at what the city pays for them I doubt whomeever has the contract is really doing all of them. These places that can do an LOF under 10.00 are not even making enough to cover the cost of doing them. So they have to be cutting something out to make a profit.
Post Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:50 pm 
Richard

I love the journal. It keeps me in touch with my home town, good or bad. I really enjoyed their artical on the old Reigle/Collins funeral home issues with HAZMAT and cremated remains left in the funeral home.
Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:56 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I just saw your reply Ted. Maybe they use the oil you buy at the dollar store. I can't remember where I read the city was not doing oil changes on police cars but I assume they are now. Do we even have a maintanance department? It's not on the city website.
Post Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:31 pm 

I was up there in the Flint area(never actually go into that town),and i stopped for a Flint Journal.I couldn't believe they were charging fifty cents for that scrawny little paper.that whole paper must have weighed a half an ounce.Pathetic.
Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:37 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
I wrote an Opinion for the Flint Journal. I thought they might change a few little things. I never expected that they would re-write and leave out 90% of what I had written. This link is what they printed. http://www.mlive.com/columns/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1135353010212390.xml&coll=5#continue

This link is to what I actually wrote. http://www.cityofflint.net/hoodwinked.htm

I have come to the Opinion That the Flint Urinal doesn't like to give people facts! They prefer to obscure points by making them baseless opinions. I wrote the facts! I don't want to just give people my opinion. I want people to be able to see for themselves what the facts are and then make their own decisions. I believe more of us think the same way on much of what is going on in Flint if they were getting the whole story. But, with the LOUSY reporting by the Flint Urinal the people of Flint are making decisions about things going on in our local government, off what they read in the Urinal! Not by what the actual facts are! I don't get it? What is in it for the Urinal to keep people in the dark? Their readership would grow if more people could trust that what they are reporting is actually what happened. This is the reason people like Bob Leonard have a TV show. He regularly will show the actual events on his program, many times it tells a completely different story than the Flint Journal does. People cannot make decisions without facts. This is my problem with the New City Council. Everything they vote on they are taking someone else’s word on as to what their OPINION is. Then accept it as fact. No wonder we are in the shape we are in.

Now you know!! lol

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: