FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor says he hopes Kincaid, Sims resign

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mayor Don Williamson is calling on two council members who have opposed him to resign.

"We had Johnnie Coleman for a short time, thank God. We had Ed Taylor for a short time, thank God. The only ones we have left out of all those hecklers is Scott Kincaid and Carolyn Sims and I hope they resign," said Williamson on Thursday during remarks to kick off "Homeless Awareness Week."

Williamson called them hecklers from the same location in the City Hall lobby where some members had tried to interrupt last year during a news conference in which he said they were "about as valuable as puke on a brand-new carpet."

Sims, the council's vice president, declined to comment on the mayor's latest remarks.

Kincaid, who represents the 9th ward, called the comments unfortunate rhetoric that hurt the city's image, especially in light of an election where he said voters elected candidates who want City Hall bickering to end.

"He couldn't pay someone to run against me. He couldn't pay someone to do a write-in against me and I'm not going to resign," Kincaid said.

The duo are the only two who have fought Williamson for more than the last year to win re-election Tuesday. Kincaid ran unopposed.

Candidates supported by the mayor defeated Coleman, the council president, Taylor who represents the 2nd ward, 4th ward Councilman Joshua Freeman, and 8th ward Councilman Lawrence B. Murphy. The new members take office Monday.

Williamson also said members should "be ashamed of themselves" and "be put in jail" for rejecting a plan to avoid losing $1.4 million in federal block grant housing money by an Oct. 31 deadline. The city didn't meet the deadline.

But members have blamed the mayor for not proposing a viable plan and refusing to fund agencies that already were awarded the dollars. The mayor had said those agencies didn't do a good job.

Full Story:
http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-32/1131726062210300.xml&coll=5
Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: