FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Weaver and her "White Rabbit" lies

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

"And you go chasing rabbits and you know you're going to fall" Grace Slick
I was very naive years ago when I commented on an emerging scandal involving a local politician to a group of seasoned political veterans. I was startled when one harshly snapped at me that the media was "just chasing rabbits".
Whoever is advising Mayor Weaver is educating her on the old political trick of using negative media exposure toward your political adversaries in order to have the public and the media chase the rabbit of fake news. The goal is to attack the enemies motives and character, as well as distract the public as they delve deep into the rabbit hole looking for secret plots.

Rabbit number one was the phony PPO attempt on Woodson. He opposed Gilcreast and asked why the Economic development group was approving Ennis Center for providing counseling attached to 5 churches of the Concerned Pastors when he was told it was illegal to get funding for veteran counseling for those with PTSD because his program was attached to his his church. Woodson told the City Council that he was a disabled veteran with PTSD and he church had helped him. This was not an isolated private conversation with Weaver.But Ennis donated large sums of money to Weaver's campaign making it seem like a "pay to play". A group of Concerned Pastors showed up in support not knowing the program was approved for $100,000 before Council cut it.

Rabbit number two is the setting of the only public forum on water in a church and planning two more radio forums. Everyone knows the Palladenos are rowdy and under these circumstances they and other "Water Warriors" were going to be arrested. Mistrust of the Weaver administration is high and the Water Warriors wanted to know why John Young of American Water Works, who handled waster and wastewater issues for the state in the Detroit bankruptcy, was the one now recommending Flint stay with Detroit.

Now the focus is on the venue and allegations that the white Water Warriors are are disrespectful. The Water Warriors are a mixed race group. Also the issue is whether or not the Church was a proper venue when the concerns should have been why are we entering into a 30 year contract with Detroit when they refused to honor the first one. And why is Weaver working so hard to silence the public. Anger is growing nationwide over an unresponsive and untrustworthy government.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Thu May 04, 2017 4:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:28 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Joshua Freeman
3 hrs ·
The idea that Wayne County, Oakland County or Macomb County (those members of the GLWA Board) have the best interests of Flint or Genesee County at heart in any water deal is a total joke. Rich Baird, the Governors buddy handling these issues, is a liar when he says that previous problems with Detroit won't happen because GLWA is not the Detroit system.

I would point Mr. Baird to the letter below. It's the termination letter the City of Flint got from Detroit after the City Council voted to join KWA. Incidentally, it was the leading contributor to the City looking for an interim source of water (the river) to use until KWA came on line because Detroit refused to negotiate a short-term water deal.

Notice who the director of DWSD was at the time, Sue F. McCormick. Guess who the director of GLWA is? That's right, it's Sue.

Flint and Genesee County should be suspect of any water deal with GLWA. Continuing to subsidize Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties is a bad deal.
Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The letter Josh referred to was sent from Detroit to Inez Brown, Flint City Clerk on April 17, 2013.

re: Termination of Contract for the provision of water services by the Water and Sewerage Departments

On December 20, 1965 the City of Detroit through it's Board of Water commissioners and the City of flint, Michigan (Flint)entered into a contract for the provision of DWSD treated water t Flint of that water to Genesee County Communities. Section 8 of that agreement provides:

Section 18: The Board (DWSD) shall supply ans sell water to the City [Flint]from the water system of the City of Detroit and the City shall receive and purchase such water in accordance with the terms of this agreement for an indefinite period of time, but for at least thirt-five (35) years from the date hereof. This agreement may be terminate by either party after expiration of said thirty-five year period upon one year's written notice and served upn the other party on delivery of the same to the Secretary of the Board or to the Clerk of the City as the case may be or at any time upon mutual consent of both parties.
Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:25 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Please take note that pursuant to this Section 18 of the above referenced Agreement, DWSD is terminating this agreement one year from today's date April17, 2014.

This was signed by Sue F. McCormick
Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:31 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Joshua Freeman

Things we know:
YEAR 1:
- KWA cost $6.5 million dollars
- GLWA cost about $13 million with a $7 million credit coming back to be out towards KWA
YEAR 2:
- GLWA cost - won't know until they announce rates with a $7 million credit
YEAR 3:
- GLWA cost - won't know until they announce rates with a $7 million credit
YEAR 5:
- KWA cost is $6.5 million dollars
- GLWA cost - won't know until they announce the rates with a $7 million credit
YEAR 10:
YEAR 15:
YEAR 20:
- KWA ...... I think you can see the pattern.
- GLWA cost - unknown but we get a credit.
Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:32 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

While I did not always agree with Josh, I had to admire his knowledge of the budget and financial implications. Too bad he left Council, but family is more important.
Post Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:34 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

No records of investigation into Flint mayor's claims against recall leader

Flint resident Arthur Woodson, left, is seeking the recall of Flint Mayor Karen Weaver. Jake May | MLive.com
Jake May | jmay2@mlive.com
Print Email Oona Goodin-Smith | ogoodins@mlive.com By Oona Goodin-Smith | ogoodins@mlive.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on April 25, 2017 at 2:00 PM, updated April 25, 2017 at 2:05 PM
FLINT, MI -- Despite Flint Mayor Karen Weaver's claims that the leader of the recall against her caused her to fear for her life, the City of Flint has no record of a police investigation into the matter.

The City of Flint has no record that police investigated the claims Weaver presented to a judge in a petition for a personal protection order against resident and recall organizer Arthur Woodson.

According to information obtained Monday, April 24, by MLive-The Flint Journal through a Freedom of Information Act request denial from the City of Flint, no Flint police investigative records or police reports exist on Weaver's allegations against Woodson.

Woodson, who has denied the accusations, said he believes Weaver attempted to obtain the personal protection order against him as political payback for the recall.

Weaver, in her March 21 petition for the personal protection order, claimed Woodson, 49, disclosed his mental health issues to her in front of Flint Police Chief Tim Johnson, who Weaver appointed to his position, and that he has "become very emotional" about his divorce.

"This makes me uncomfortable because he seems to be obsessed with me at one point and then behaves aggressively towards me at other times," the letter said. "As a licensed clinical psychologist, I know this can be very dangerous behavior, and this makes me very nervous and fearful for my life."

A judge has denied a petition for a personal protection order from Flint Mayor Karen Weaver against the resident leading recall efforts against her.

She also alleged that Flint police attempted to conduct an investigation into the origin of a postcard she said she considered to be a threat.

"On March 17, 2017, I received a postcard via U.S. mail what [sic] I considered to be a threat to me and every person of color in the Mayor's office," according to Weaver's petition.

Weaver told the court she believed the postcard originated from Woodson, despite having a Roseville return address.

"The Flint Police Officers attempted to conduct an investigation on the sender's identification but were unsuccessful," Weaver wrote in the petition. "In my past conversations with Mr. Woodson he did in fact mention to me that he is a veteran and suffers from PTSD.

"The receipt of this postcard concerns me as I believe Mr. Woodson is behind the sending of this communication because of my refusal to interact with him. Although I am unable to prove that he sent the attached communication -- I am fearful for my life because of previous interactions with Mr. Woodson."

The petition was denied on March 22 by Genesee Circuit Judge Joseph J. Farah. Weaver has not filed a motion seeking to challenge Farah's decision.

City spokesperson Kristin Moore, in an email to MLive-The Flint Journal, pointed to the wording of Weaver's court-filed letter, noting that it said police "attempted to conduct an investigation on the sender's identification but were unsuccessful," and not specifically that "Flint police are investigating Woodson."

Moore was not available for further comment on the matter.

Woodson, who initially said he was shocked to read the allegations Weaver made against him and that they were completely made up, said he believes the mayor sought the personal protection order against him as a means of quashing his recall efforts against her.

"She didn't have any grounds to stand on during the appeal, so she tried to use this to get rid of me," Woodson said. "She abused her power to use this tool for defenseless women as a political maneuver."

On Monday, April 24, Genesee Circuit Court Judge Geoffrey L. Neithercut upheld Woodson's recall petition language against Weaver. The Flint resident now needs to collect 5,750 signatures by early August in order for the recall to appear on the November ballot.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:02 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Man who called Flint’s mayor a ‘Black Racist’ says he doesn’t want any trouble
March 24, 2017Jiquanda Johnson 4 3341 Flint City Hall Latest News Local News Top Stories Arthur-Woodson Flint Flint-Police Flint-Recall Karen-Weaver

ROSEVILLE, MI – The man behind a postcard sent to Mayor Karen Weaver says he only wrote it after he disagreed with comments he says she made about President Donald Trump.
“I was upset about it and when I hear someone being mean to someone else I have to do something about it,” said Edward “Eddie” Stocker.

Stocker sent a postcard to Weaver calling her a “Black Racist” “Karen (Numb Nuts) Weaver.” That postcard later became evidence in a personal protection order against a man trying to remove her from office.

“Racism is alive and Well Because of Black Racist Like You,” read the postcard postmarked March 7, 2017. “If You Have any Complaints – GET on Your Knees and Talk To THE Boss! Quit Your Complaining and Quit Your Whining.”

Weaver attached the postcard to a petition she filed on March 21, 2017 with the Genesee County Personal Protection office against Flint resident Arthur Woodson.

Woodson filed recall language against Weaver on Feb. 24, 2017 over Flint’s controversial trash dispute. His language was approved on March 8, 2017.

In a statement attached to the petition, Weaver said she believed the postcard came from Woodson and that Flint police investigated the issue but failed to find the person behind the postcard.

“On March 17, 2017 I received a postcard via US mail what I considered to be a threat to me and every person of color in the Mayor’s office,” wrote Weaver. “The Flint Police Officers attempted to conduct an investigation on the sender’s identification but were unsuccessful.”

Stocker, an 85-year-old Korean War Veteran living in Roseville, Mich., says he doesn’t know Woodson nor was he aware of recall efforts to remove Weaver from office.

“I don’t want the mayor recalled,” said Stocker. “Tell her that I don’t want to cause this guy any trouble. I don’t know him. I don’t want to back him up or anything.”

Weaver’s petition calls for a number of restrictions including Woodson being prohibited from appearing at Flint City Hall and having any contact with the mayor in person, electronically or by phone.

She has until 9:30 a.m. Monday, March 27, 2017 to filed a motion to be heard by the court.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:14 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: