FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint Police breaking the Law?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Wantwaz Davis
3 hrs ·

I've come across some disturbing news, that could be illegal and a direct violation of elections and campaign procedures. Charles Winfrey, who have placed his daughter, Jerri Winfrey in the 5th ward city council coming election, that is August 8, 2017, have recently had off duty police officers circulating petitions for his daughter, in marked police officer cars, in River village and other places in the 5th ward. Charles Winfrey, Mayor Weaver, and many of her crooked team members are attempting to stack the deck, trying to get 5 votes on council, attempting to accomplish what they couldn't during the garbage ordeal. People in the 5th ward cannot be deceived by this and vote for another ghost that would haunt the 5th ward and the entire city of flint. Having police officers circulating petitions in the 5th ward, to accomplish a deceiving and self servant attempt to bring contracts to council to vote on, that will not be to the best interest of the residents in Flint, Michigan, is a violation; and actions will take place, evidence is discovered and have been placed in the right direction. Charles Winfrey who writes all of the mayor's speeches and gives advice cannot deliberately deceive the people in the 5th ward, like they did to the entire city of Flint, Michigan, during the mayor election, will not happen in the 5th ward, speaking in many 5th ward residence voices, WILL NOT HAPPEN IN THE 5TH!!
Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Flint Police have always been active in campaigns on their own time. The problem comes from their use of he city police cars or any property of the City of flint. The police campaigned for Walling out of his north end headquarters. They also campaigned for Alex harris during his run for council.

Campaign violations have been enforced on politicians who used their office e-mail accounts for political campaigns.
Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:59 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Michigan Elections - Disclosure Division - - Appendices - mertsplus.com
www.mertsplus.com/mertsuserguide/index.php?n=MANUALS.AppendixI
Mar 30, 2017 - ... council, authority, or other body in the executive branch of state government. ... An elected or appointed public official or an employee of a public ... Can a public official use the office telephone for campaign purposes? ... Can campaign signs be placed on public property or displayed in public buildings?
Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:08 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Can a public official use the office telephone for campaign purposes? No. A public official should not use his public office telephone or any phone paid for with public funds to campaign or advertise it as a way of contacting the public official for campaign purposes. Any time spent answering campaign phone calls diverts attention for the ordinary business of the public body and is permanently lost. Additionally, any staff time answering and transferring campaign related phone calls also causes the loss of time to the county. Any of this activity would result in a prohibited expenditure of public resources.
Can a public official use the office email for campaign purposes? No. A public official should not use his public office email system paid for with public funds to campaign or advertise it as a way of contacting the public official for campaign purposes. Any time spent answering emails calls diverts attention for the ordinary business of the public body and is permanently lost. Additionally, any staff time reading, handling or transferring campaign related emails also causes the loss of time to the county. Any of this activity would result in a prohibited expenditure of public resources.
Can a public official use pictures taken in the public office and/or wearing their official uniform? Maybe. A public body violates the MCFA by expending its resources for prohibited campaign activity. The expenditure of public funds must have “ascertainable monetary value” in order to meet this threshold. There is no ascertainable monetary value in connection with a picture being taken in a public office. In addition, section 57 of the MCFA contains an exception that allows the use of a public facility if any candidate has the same opportunity to use that facility.
Can a public official campaign in their uniform? Maybe. A public body violates the MCFA by expending its resources for prohibited campaign activity. The expenditure of public funds must have “ascertainable monetary value” in order to meet this threshold. There is no ascertainable monetary value in connection with a public official wearing a uniform. In addition, some public officials are asked to purchase their own uniforms. In this case, no public resources are involved.
Can a public official campaign using a publicly funded vehicle such as a patrol car? No. A publicly funded vehicle such as a patrol car must not be used to campaign. The prohibition would extend to attending campaign events, transporting campaign materials or any other exclusively campaign related use.
Can a public official campaign while on publicly paid time? No. At no time can a public official campaign when being paid to work. A public official must use personal time or accrued leave time to campaign during working hours. Public officials that are on call, but not actively working and not being paid are considered to be on personal time unless and until they are called to duty.
Can a public official use official letterhead for campaign purposes? No. A public official cannot use official letterhead of the public body to campaign for himself/herself or any other candidate.
Can a public official endorse another candidate? Yes. An endorsement in and of itself has no value. However, the public official cannot use public resources to promote or advertise the endorsement of himself or any other candidate.
Can a public official use public resources if the cost is reimbursed to the public body? No. A violation of the MCFA occurs at the point that the resources are used and reimbursement to the public body does not cure the violation.
Can campaign signs be placed on public property or displayed in public buildings? No. Campaign signs should not be placed on public owned or leased property. This extends to placing brochures in a public building.
I see signs on public property, can I take them down? No. You do not have the authority to remove signs from any property that you do not own or do not have permission to remove the signs from by the owner.
Can a public facility be used for a candidate meet and greet or ballot question informational meeting? Yes. Public facilities and resources can be used for public forums and public education on candidate elections and ballot questions provided the public resources are not used to influence the outcome of the election and views of all candidates and views of both supporters and opponents of a ballot question are treated equally.
I think a violation has occurred, can I file a complaint? Yes. If you believe a violation of any provision of the MCFA has occurred, the law provides for a specific process that can be followed to file a complaint. A Complaint Process Form has been created to assist you with filing a complaint.
Do I need evidence of the violation to file a complaint? Yes, a compliant that is not substantiated with evidence will be dismissed. Evidence can be in the form or pictures, videos, receipts or vouchers or anything else that substantiates the allegations.

‹ H - Committee Types | Appendicies | J - Identification Requirements ›

Page last modified on March 30, 2017, at 01:14 PM
Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:10 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

If the use of the police vehicle was authorized by anyone in the police structure, then the violation could be charged against the individual authorizing such use.

If Davis can get notarized affidavits from residents, that should be sufficient to start an investigatin. The Clerk's office should be able to provide the correct complaint form.
Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:12 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Charles H. Winfrey I want all of you to hear this and hear it good! My daughter is running for 5th Ward Council Person. It is her choice like anyone else who decides to run. She is my daughter and I'm going to support her even if she was running for dog catcher. Mayor Weaver had nothing to do with her decision to run or my decision to support her. She is running because she wants to represent the people of the 5th Ward with dignity and professionalism, and not just show up for Council meetings when she feels like it. As for the police officers I police cruisers, I know nothing about that except to say that Mr. Davis has been known to tell tall tales before when he feels it's to his advantage, like the two men chasing him with a gun when he got busted for DUIL; or telling the Judge he hadn't consumed any cannabis when his urine sample came back dirty, then admitting he had eaten cannabis cookies. So yes, she is running, and yes she will be competitive. Have a blessed day!
Post Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:41 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: