FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Time to tear down the McCree Parking ramp

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

TO THE HONORABLE CHAIRPERSON AND MEMBERS OF THE GENESEE
COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS, GENESEE COUNTY, MICHIGAN
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN:
BE IT RESOLVED, that this Board of County Commissioners of Genesee
County, Michigan, ratifies the expedited action taken on October 3, 2016, by the Public
Works Committee of this Board authorizing the following actions:
 Directing the Risk Manager to request the city of Flint building inspector to
conduct an inspection of the McCree Parking Ramp; and
 Directing the Building and Grounds Director, in conjunction with the Controller’s
office, to procure an engineering study to be done on the McCree Parking Ramp.
Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:25 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The conditions of the parking ramp seem to have deteriorated every time I have to park there. The rebar is protruding from both the exterior and interior portions of the building. Chunks of concrete are missing from the sides. I parked there for my job in 1966. It was not built for the larger vehicles on the road now.

I had to be downtown early one morning. The new Rutherford ramp was not open for the general public and the surface lot had no attendant and the entrance bar was down. Vehicles were entering from the raised exit side, but I assumed they were monthly paid parkers. I was informed later that while attendants usually did not arrive until nine a.m. you could ark early and pay the additional $2 per hour for the hours the lot was not open.

Frustrated I parked in the McCree ramp. Loose electrical wires were exposed, one elevator was shut off, lights appeared to have been removed. All together a creepy experience. Signs indicated only extra long vehicles could park on the parking spots non the outer sides. Your car could be towed for doing so. Made me wonder if there was a structural problem so they were limiting parkers. The surface lot and a smaller adjacent parking structure are reserved for employees. A bad experience.
Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:43 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: