FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: State gets F in ethics & integrity-county follows lead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Contoversy over Flint Towing contract

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Contract extension proposal for towing operation raises eyebrows in Flint City Council
Published: Monday, May 09, 2011, 9:45 PM Updated: Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 9:29 AM
By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal The Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — City Council on Monday evening postponed voting on a measure that would extend a contract for Complete Towing through Dec. 15, 2015.

The city used to run its own towing operation, and some argue that its privatization has cost the city revenue.

Councilman Sheldon Neeley moved to postpone the measure, saying he wanted to explore ways to generate more revenue through the towing of vehicles in the city.

Councilmen Joshua Freeman and Scott Kincaid argued that with a smaller police force, the number of cars being towed would not generate enough revenue to justify taking three police officers off the streets to run a city impound lot.

Neeley said the city impound lot generated over $1 million in 2007-2008.

Freeman disputed that number.

"We've never, ever, ever cleared more than $1 million in one year of profit over expenses," Freeman said.

The two agreed that the city currently makes about $150,000 a year in the current deal with Complete Towing.

Neeley said the current contract still has 18 months remaining.

"We've got to negotiate a better deal to generate additional revenues," said Neeley.

Mayor Dayne Walling has said revenues from the city impound lot had been declining before it was shut down, and that it was taking up needed police manpower and space at the Oak Business Center.

Misty_Fenner_299 May 09, 2011 at 10:33PM
Follow

I would just like to say that its BS anyone who has their vehicle stolen has to pay to get their vehicle back, when my van was stolen 2 days before thanksgiving (LOCKED AND IN MY DRIVEWAY WITH KEYS IN MY PURSE IN THE HOUSE) and found on thanksgiving day in the freaikin ghetto with the catalytic converter cut off (probably taken to All catalytic converters on Saginaw st where the crook MADE MONEY off MY van, and the steering column busted and the lock busted out of the door and my husbands 150$ tool set stolen, we were also robbed by the cops who are there to protect and serve we had to pay $160 to get our van out of that place. Oh but the lady at the police station told us if the van hadn't been stolen the cost would have been 210 bucks they took 50 off since it was stolen. gee thanks! I have been irate about that since.

yokeonu May 09, 2011 at 10:43PM
Follow

Having a city impound lot made more than the "150,000.00" that is being generated by Complete. Any council members that votes for this is a fool or in Patton's pockets - or both. If I recall correctly, the officers that were out there were on light duty so it would not be taking any officers off the streets. This vote will show who needs not to be re-elected.

fred081646 May 09, 2011 at 10:45PM
Follow

Complete has done a complete job to Flint.

ednotted May 09, 2011 at 11:01PM
Follow

Why renew the contract now if it has 18 months remaining.

Doesn't sound right, something must be going on.

Inappropriate? Alert us.Reply Post new

gogroup May 09, 2011 at 11:59PM
Follow

Can't clerical workers run an impound lot. Why do cops have to run the impound lot.

Flint MI USA May 10, 2011 at 12:34AM
Follow

go - the answer is yes.

In addition, COF does need any FT or PT police officer to handle this task. COF already pays X dollars per year to GAIN (last I knew). GAIN is made up of police officers who are experts in their field and one (or two) of those detectives or contract employees could handle the inspections at a re-opened COF lot.

If any one says differently, they are mistaken. Remember, GCSD runs GAIN and many, many municipalities pay into this operation. I have suggested before and will again, ALL impounds in Genesee County should be centralized. The towing (impounds) should be split up between 5-6 large size towing operations...on a contract basis with stringent requirements.

Net proceeds could go to GAIN, FANG, etc. Remember, this is 2011, NOT 1965. There is alot of money to be made County wide and in this era of budgetary shortfalls, this suggestion make sense from a City-County Government perspective.

Right now, the only people making money and a ton of it, is Louies Towing, Complete Towing, Smittys and a handful of others. These entities are "making so much money" at salvage auctions in one month, well,it would be the equivalent of putting minimum 8-10 officers on (minimum).

If we are thinking objectively and in the year 2011, ALL LE entities within Genesee County should centralize this function ASAP and save money short andlong term PLUS make a %%% of each unit impounded/sold, etc.

This is a no-brainer. I'm firmly against any major vendor have exclusive rights to a task (impounds) and am opposed to have any LEOs handle this task, liquidation of units. LEOs or State certified inspectors can do the inspections, paperwork, etc and then, clerical support staff can do the rest.

People who say otherwise have a mindset of 1965, NOT 2011. There is "big money" at stake countywide here...handle this function the right way and we can "add new LEOs" within 45-60 days minimum.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Tue May 10, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue May 10, 2011 1:12 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

doinit4me May 10, 2011 at 7:55AM
Follow

This contract is one of the biggest scams going on in the City of Flint.
For Walling, Freeman and Kincaid to claim that the previous arrangement used Policemen that could have otherwise been on the street is laughable. Further, if you consider how much their individual campaign's were given by the owner of Complete Towing none of them should even be allowed to vote on the issue.
You would be hard pressed to find a more blatant conflict of interest.
On another note regarding this contract renewal, why would the COF agree to a three year contract when their budget is day to day? Maybe next year the city won't have the money to pay for towing and...lets say...Police and Fire. We already know what Wallings choice would be. The Police Department didn't donate to his campaign.

robtjohnson May 10, 2011 at 9:57AM
Follow

Mr. Neely offered the report for any one to see what he had from the city showing that the city made the money he claimed. Freeman and Kincaid seem to what this pushed threw for some reason go as far as Freeman was acking like a child for ever other thing saying it should be put up for bid to see if we can get a better price. This is a rude and uncalled for demistration of abuse I have seen in awhile. the people that spoke including my self wish that others be allowed to bid on contracts but for some reason the few in the council say no. now why is that right that one company should benifit for doing bussines with the city with out having to bid on it. This story is clearly not complete, the fact is the Council members yesterday was seem to not care that the people are concerned about what money is going out. and there is a clear process that is to be followed and as other posters have pointed out why are they doing this when there is 18 months to go. that is another budget and another day. and the fact that they are doing this with other contracts as well. and the rude way Freeman was talking is wrong unprofessional and he needs to apologize to the people he serves as well the people that had to listen to the way he was acting he came out and basically called Mr. Neely a Liar. raising his voice when Mr. Neely offered the information and offered it to any one that wishes to have a copy it was generated by the city so why would the he point it out if it were not true. I also noted that Mr. Kincaid acted like he did not know who got what mone. the fack is he was trying to say the towing only gets $45 for towing yet that is not true and he knows it the $45 is what they pay the city on every tow. Why Kincaid was acting like he was clueless I have not Idea other than to mislead the people. the fact is the people are charged by Complete $120 plus storage and the city get $45 out of that amount. This is taped and was shown on channel 17,

I will also point out that it was said by Mr.Freeman that when the city was running it the last year the city had it they made $300K after cost the cleared around $100k so my question is why did we get ride of it. the city employed people to run it. as well made the money off the storage and the sales of the abandon and scrap. so why are Kincaid and Freeman in such a big hurry to grant a extention on a contract that still has 18 months yet the city was making money on it running it them self. Now there is something going on here. what I have not yet figured out but to give something up that makes money and keep things that cost money tells me that pockest are getting lined some where here. I smell a Rat and the people need to ask for this to be investigated to see what is behind this being done so fast so soon when we have other issues that could be addressed Like a TOWER that is binging stripped and costing the city money as it sites there.

doinit4me May 10, 2011 at 11:54AM
Follow

Thanks Flint MI USA. I could have gone on and on, but whats the point. The contract will get renewed and all the hubbub in between is business as usual.
One more thing though, for the Walling/establishment supporters out there, please don't think for a minute that the players involved are being ridiculed personally. They are not. Their actions as public representatives most definitely are. Do their decisions influence the masses of the critics out there, u bet but they are the only people that can change their images. If backslapping and nepotism were crimes these guys would all be in prison. If they spent as much time and energy on doing what they were elected and what they promised to do as they do on securing their own personal and political futures they would not have to worry about being re-elected. Money talks and not many people in Flint are able to speak so Flint's residents will continue to pay 100% over retail. Pardon the analogies.

Post Tue May 10, 2011 1:14 pm
Post Sat May 02, 2015 5:43 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Walling-where are the Water and sewer reserves?

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Several years ago the water and sewer funds had reserves of up to $68 million combined. The money for the sewer settlement was kept in a separate fund and not counted. The money Williamson borrowed for the garbage trucks and police vehicles has long ago been paid back with interest, so why are these funds in a deficit? These funds are the greatest source of pooled cash in the city and the city is generating no revenue from these funds at all.
I remember before the budget when Kincaid expressed concern that one of these funds was only$4 million. The city began sending shut off notices to everyone in order to raise money. Wher is the council in this mess as they are the guardians of the budget?

Also the city has a new scam. A total of 4 cubic feet(cf) is an average monthly water bill. Lately I am getting a bill for 3 cf followed by a bill for 5 cf that they can tack on additional fees. Are they shortening one of the billing cycles in order to charge more every other month.

Flint residents not happy about double-digit water, sewer rate hike
Published: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 1:00 PM Updated: Wednesday, August 17, 2011, 1:12 PM
By Kristin Longley | Flint Journal The Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — The city is again imposing a double-digit water and sewer rate hike on Flint water customers.

The new rates, announced Tuesday, equal a 35 percent increase for water and sewer usage, according to Flint Mayor Dayne Walling’s office — and come on the heels of a double-digit rate hike in January .

The increase is effective for Flint residents’ bills due after Sept. 16, officials said.

The average customer would see their total bill go from $82.49 a month to $111.36 a month, Finance Director Michael Townsend said.

This increase applies to city of Flint customers, not other suburban communities that also get their water from Detroit. Genesee County sets the rates for residents outside the city of Flint.

Raising the rate is necessary because of increased rates from Detroit and to make sure the city is in compliance with its water bond agreement with the state, which requires the city to maintain a certain amount of revenue in the water fund, he said.

But Flint customers said they’re not happy about the increases, especially since they saw their water and sewer rates increase by 25 percent and 22 percent, respectively, this past winter.

“That’s too much,” said resident Teresa Hughes, 48, who lives in a rental home with her husband and daughter. “This is crazy.”

Hughes is unemployed and the family is trying to make ends meet on her husband’s social security payments, she said. Her daughter is waiting to hear back from a potential employer and they’re hoping for a positive outcome.

“They ought to stop this,” Hughes said of the rate increases. “People are struggling with no jobs.”

The increase would be the only water and sewer rate hike put into effect for the 2012 fiscal year that started July 1, Townsend said.

Flint Mayor Dayne Walling said raising the rate is necessary to avoid potential future cuts to the city’s general fund — which pays for services like public safety and other departments.

The city of Detroit, which supplies Flint with water, raised its rates more than 10 percent this year, following years of increases that were not always passed on to Flint customers, officials said.

Walling also said that maintenance of the city’s aging water and sewer infrastructure is expensive.

“I am committed to maintaining the current police levels,” Walling said. “It’s so the general fund can stay focused on the core area of public safety.”

City Councilman Bryant Nolden said he’s already received feedback from his constituents in the city’s 3rd Ward.

Though Nolden understands the city is raising rates to keep up with the bond issue, he said it’s still a hit to Flint residents.

“It’s something we have to do,” he said. “I didn’t think it was going to be this much to be quite honest.”

Flint resident Bonnie Barajas is a recently laid-off school employee who said she’s just making it.

“I’m paying it right now. I have to,” she said. “But I don’t know what I’m going to do when it goes up.”

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:50 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

JohnofGB August 17, 2011 at 1:19PM
Follow

I would be interested to see the figures on this latest price raise. I am thinking that the city is using this as revenue generator instead of just covering their actual water costs. If Detroit raised their prices that much, then every other community that gets their water from the county system should see like price raises.

superwrench August 17, 2011 at 1:37PM
Follow

That's it, I'm drilling a well !!! The water would be better than the Lake Huron water we get now, anyway!!! This city is really screwed up. First we can't afford Policemen, then we can't afford Firemen, and now, we can't afford to flush the toilet!! What next???

fred081646 August 17, 2011 at 1:45PM
Follow

I shut our toilet off and we use a 5 gal bucket.
We take sponge baths.

tdimhcs August 17, 2011 at 2:03PM
Follow

“I am committed to maintaining the current police levels,” Walling said. “It’s so the general fund can stay focused on the core area of public safety.”

That foolish statement alone, should let everyone know how little Walling cares about the safety of those who visit or live in Flint.

Do not let the mayor or chief fool you. There is nothing close to the 20 officers per shift they claim Flint has. Be safe if you live in or visit Flint.

wickedwitch1 August 17, 2011 at 2:24PM
Follow

It is absolute crap....

jacobsmith August 17, 2011 at 3:02PM
Follow

This is merely a money grab and a hidden tax being imposed on the citizens. I keep hoping for a Beecher level tornado to level my house in Flint, and I will keep on hoping everyday.

shanedr August 17, 2011 at 4:42PM
Follow

The increase would be the only water and sewer rate hike put into effect for the 2012 fiscal year that started July 1, Townsend said.

ONLY? The 2012 year has existed for a whole month and a half. It's been only eight months since the increase in fiscal year 2011.

Strange as it seems there is not a law against what Walling is doing.

Snyder needs to appoint an emergency financial manager for Flint now, not next week, next month or next year, but NOW.

fedupinflint August 17, 2011 at 5:38PM
Follow

An "appointed" EFM is nothing but a blatant usurpation of our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to a democratically elected, representative form of governmenment.
You and your ubiquitous and nonsensical postings remind me of those "know it alls" whose
" proclamations " only serve to validate how absolutely little they know about ANYTHING.

marlene August 17, 2011 at 10:43PM

It blows my mind how they can keep demanding wage concessions or eliminating jobs all together but keep increasing rates for crucial services and goods. What do they expect these people to do??There are people out there living hand to mouth now going without meds and medical care and even food now you come along with this? Where does it end?

for the kidz August 17, 2011 at 11:00PM
Follow

it NEVER ends.....Walling is our elected Mayor. We voted strongly to keep him, now we reap what he sews. No police, ungodly water bills, jobs leaving Flint daily, people moving and leaving in record numbers, etc..... yet the morons come out in masses and vote for this clown. He will have Flint destroyed and no longer a city if he gets 4 more years. Water is now like gold, yet we sit on the back up (Flint river supply) and suburban areas only pay about $200 a year....and we have control of the water , WALLING is now penalizing the poor!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:59 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

FLINT (WJRT) -
(8/16/2011) - Flint Mayor Dayne Walling is recommending an increase in water and sewer rates for the city.

The Water Fund recorded a $3.2 million loss for fiscal year 2011.

The Sewer Fund is the whole $10.5 million. Rates could be increased by 35 percent, which would be the only increase for 2012.

The state requires the water fund to maintain an income because of the bonds the city sold through the state.

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:02 am
Post Sat May 02, 2015 5:50 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: The Smith Village Plan

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Smith Village Redevelopment Plan
City of Flint & HUD development dating back to. 1998. Time to make good on old promises. .... Solution: Kennedy Center will be demolished demolished. ...
http://www.flinthud.org/HUD%2520presentation-redevelopment2.pdf - Cached

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:01 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Searched for: FUNCHITECTURE, LLC

ID Num: D39885

The OIG web sites show as a fraud marker, the use of a newly formed company.

The site planner under contract with the developer Metro Community Development is Funchitecure , a company formed only a year ago.

Name:FUNCHITECTURE, LLC

Type: Domestic Limited Liability Company
Resident Agent: SHANNON WHITE
Registered Office Address: 111 E COURT ST STE 3D FLINT MI 48502
Mailing/Office Address:

Formation/Qualification Date:3-11-2010
Jurisdiction of Origin:MICHIGAN

Managed by: Members

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:17 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The housing appears to leave a large footpint on a small lot as lot sizes are only 66 x 100.

All new infrastructure and streets

Kennedy center will be demolished (it and the pool hves been thoroughly vandalized)

Walking and bike paths

some roads will be closed creating loops

They borrowed on John carpenter's idea to use Williams as a main boulevard

A new performing arts center and a new child development center.

(I hope this arts center fares better than the mismanaged one at W. Pierson and King that recently closed.)

a new health clinic at 5th and MLK.

They use the term visitable which may mean handicap accessible.

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:27 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Community Foundation Board of Trustees

Board of Trustees

The Board of Trustees is responsible for policy-making and oversight of the Community Foundation's operations and makes final decisions on grants. As volunteers broadly representative of the Genesee County area, they provide the vision and leadership that enables the Community Foundation to fulfill its mission.

Timothy H. Knecht- Chair
Attorney-at-law, Cline, Cline, and &Griffin

Bobby Mukkamala- Vice Chair
Physician

Daniel J. Coffield- Treasurer
Executive Vice President & CFO- Retired
Hurley Medical Center

Shannon M. White- Secretary
Architect and Owner, Funchitecture, LLC

Sherri E. Stephens- Past Chair
President/Financial Advisor
Stephens Wealth Management Group

Kathi Horton
President, Community Foundation of Greater
Flint

Stephen Arellano
Arellano and Associates, LLC

Samuel J. Cox
Owner, McDonald's Restaurants

F. James Cummins
President, Baker College System

Troy S. Farah
Partner, West Second Street Associates

Janice L. Gensel
Consultant, Mary Kay Cosmetics

Nancy J. Hanflik
Business Manager
Law Office of Henry Hanflik, PC

Wanda D. Harden
Public Relations Coordinator
Flint Public Library

Stanley R. Liberty
President, Kettering University

David E. Lossing
Director of Government Relations
University of Michigan, Flint
Mayor, City of Linden

Lawrence E. Moon
President, Lawrence E. Moon Funeral Home

Ira A. Rutherford
Consultant/Educator

T. Ardele Shaltz
Community Volunteer

Lori A. Tallman
Attorney-at-Law, Lori A. Tallman, P.L.C.

Susan L. Tippett
Community Volunteer and Consultant

Douglas B. Vance
Community Volunteer and Retired Educator

Karen Williams Weaver
Community Volunteer

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:43 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Flint Housing Commission - cultivation of buyers for low income set aside and down payment/closing cost assistance.

With the history this agency has as a "troubled " housing agency with HUD, can they really be a player in this venture?

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:53 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Financing

construction of 83 high quality homes with an average of 1,650 square feet Total Development costs $16,185,000
Development costs ($195,000)

sales proceeds $4,750,000
(home mortgages and down payment) ($57,229)

Total appraisal gap $11,435,000
subsidies ($137,771)

Flint NSP 2 (Neighborhood Stabilization Program) Mortgage $237,500
Down Payment/ Closing cost Assistance ($2,861)

Homes are anticipated to sell for between $50,000 and $65,000 and may go higher during build out.

Need appraisal gap subsidy needed $11,672,500.

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:20 pm
untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

On last Thursdays radio show for Mayor Walling. City Administrator told Dawn Jones that HUD would be issuing $25,000 vouchers because the residents missed out on from the tax credits from the Enterprise and Renaissance Zones that have expired.

That is sure to piss off University Park residents who also missed out on most of these tax credits.

Didn't we learn anything from the 235 houses?

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:35 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Potential home buyers line up as developers release information on Flint's Smith Village development
Published: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 8:25 PM Updated: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 11:47 PM
By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal The Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan -- Developers are beginning to line up potential homeowners for the Smith Village residential project, officials announced during a community meeting this evening at Mott Community College.

View full size(Khalil AlHajal | Flint Journal)A panel of officials speak about Flint's Smith Village residential development during a community meeting at the Mott Regional Technology Center on Tuesday.
A website for the development, www.newsmithvillage.com, will launch on Friday to provide information including financing and floor plans, said Ravi Yalamanchi, developer of Smith Village .

The development is a $16-million home construction project north of downtown Flint that will see 83 homes built for low to moderate income buyers, said architect Shannon Easter White.

She said all the homes will be energy efficient, at least 1,500 square feet in size and priced between $69,900 and $89,900.

"We think this really should be the new model for all homes in the city of Flint," she said. "It doesn't get better... We just really have knocked our own socks off with these designs."

Yalamanchi said workers will start building 10 model homes in the summer.

"We're hoping to get into the ground in June-July," he said.

City Administrator Greg Eason said the city has an agreement with the developer that 25 homes will be built by the end of 2011.

About 60 people attended the meeting, which focused on federal neighborhood stabilization funds, vacant home demolitions throughout the city and the Smith Village project.

"I've been waiting and waiting," said Lydia Handley, who's lived near the planned construction site since 1961.

"I'm so excited because they're going to do something."
She hopes new residents at Smith Village will bring new neighborhood and commercial activity to the area.

"That's a good area and we don't have stores close by any more," she said. "It's going to be so nice if they do what they say."

Real estate agent Theresa Allen said she attended the meeting to find out where to guide clients who are interested in the development.

"I've got three people lined up," she said. "I just needed to know what to do with them."

Mayor Dayne Walling said city, county, private, state and federal entities all had to partner to revive the Smith Village development, which was first announced over a decade ago.

"That's how work is getting done in our community," said Walling. "Block by block, neighborhood by neighborhood, job by job, family by family. It's within a wider effort and a vision that we're building."

Walling said Smith Village is the only new residential subdivision in the county set to be built in 2011.

"I think it's exciting that the only new neighborhood being built anywhere in Genesee County (in 2011) is being built right in the heart of our community, actually, north of the Flint river."

mama40251 May 24, 2011 at 9:05PM
Follow

Yay! Another bunch of homes for the section 8 people to destroy! How bright! How about revamping some of the abandonded stripped houses in Flint and selling them? Shows more sense!

mccguy66 May 24, 2011 at 9:21PM
Follow

Shannon Easter White and Ridgeway White only know how to use the Mott Foundation to make money. People should look into all the money they personally make.

craziestthingshappeninflint May 24, 2011 at 9:32PM
Follow

wow I was just about to say that. These homes will be tore apart, roach infested drug houses in no time.

Flintdivebarguy May 24, 2011 at 9:43PM
Follow

Who will protect the consrtuction sites. The second there is no security, building material will vanish like a fart in the wind.

eezauto May 24, 2011 at 10:23PM
Follow

Only the Federal Government would think Flint needs more houses built. Did anyone get the chance to review the population statistics before this Obama political payoff plan was put into action?

Well at least the plan is transparent. Everyone can see thru it.

FlintRobber May 25, 2011 at 2:06AM
Follow

Poor people dont appreciate nice things. This place will be trashed in a year.

spaul1960 May 25, 2011 at 6:49AM
Follow

I seriously doubt that any ethical appraiser will be able to justify a price of 69,900 or higher on a 1,500sqft home inside Flint, given the comparable sales. Which means no private mortgage, which means either no sales or some kind of government purchase program. This is the kind of manipulation which screwed over housing in the first place. Goodbye private construction for another 5 years.

untanglingwebs May 25, 2011 at 7:02AM
Follow

One sign ofpotential federal fraud is a newly created company. White left THA and started her own company about the time this project was being created. I am told she was in attendance at some planning meetings. Can anyone say Possible Contract Rigging!

Post Wed May 25, 2011 6:10 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Here are some earlier posts on Smith Village!

I heard the city council being addressed by Sam Muma , 1600 union President, about how they had received notice they would be doing certain jobs in Smith Village. The union wanted to know what jobs were being outsourced and would the union have the right to bid, especially any job that already involved their current job responsibilities.

Since the cameras malfunctioned there was only a black screen and all that was left was some very low audio.

I and others were then confused when the media announced that contractors were being signed up during the carnival and the ground breaking. Obviously Eason had no intention of keeping his word to council made the day befor.

What do you want to bet that most or all of the contractors contacted about inclusion in the program were primarily minority contractors.

Circle of love is a Saginaw based counseling firm and the only Flint connection may be Charlotte Edwards of the Flint based Citizens Bank. She was also on the executive board of the infamous Flint Area Investment Fund,when nearly 70% of their funds were used for bad and grossly mismanaged loans. She sat on other failed boards as well.

Flint had at least 3 certified HUD counseling firms.

Post Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:42 am
Post Sat May 02, 2015 6:01 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Who's in the Uptown Developments, LLC back pocket?

johnnyappleseed
F L I N T O I D

The Uptown Developments, LLC seems to own everything downtown.
It's operating like a monopoly!
What's the backstory?
I believe they have several politicians in Flint that are being paid off!!!
What do you all think?

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:30 am

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I've heard talk that nothing happens downtown in the way of development or businesses moving in without their OK.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:20 pm

cleartheair
F L I N T O I D

You two just figure that out? There are a couple dozen people WHO DO NOT LIVE IN FLINT, that, pull all the strings.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

It was rumored back in the Mayor Sharp days that he was running the drug trade in Flint for Coleman Young.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:28 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Sharp did go to work for Anthony Soave of City management. linked to the organized crime in Detroit.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:13 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Uptown Developments, LLC, was formed in 2002 specifically to acquire and renovate real estate in downtown Flint. The development team consists of eight Flint-based investors (listed below) that have strong ties to the community and own and manage some of the most respected businesses in Flint. They are a diverse group of community leaders that share a vision of reinventing downtown Flint with a focus on solid real estate investment in housing, office, retail, and cultural/arts/entertainment uses.

The team also includes the Uptown Reinvestment Corporation, a nonprofit organization with a focus on revitalizing downtown Flint. The Uptown Reinvestment Corporation’s recent accomplishments include the Saginaw Streetscape project and the leasing of the former McDonald’s property to Mega Coney Island.

Currently, Uptown Developments has $30 million dollars worth of investment planned for downtown Flint in seven different building projects. When combined, the projects total over 200,000 square feet of mixed-use space ranging from the Brown Sugar Café to the First Street Lofts, a seven story apartment complex, to a new headquarters for Rowe Incorporated.

Uptown Developments, LLC, believes that downtown Flint possesses the attributes to once again be a healthy urban center, one that is home to a mosaic of people, exciting recreational opportunities, diverse businesses, corporate headquarters, colleges and a vibrant government center.

Uptown Development Partners:

George Falaras
Blue Collar Gourmet, Owner

Troy Farah
West Second Associates, Managing Member

Tim Herman
Uptown Reinvestment Corporation, President

Gary Hurand
Management Diversified Inc., Owner/President

Al Kloss
Daystar Developments, Owner

Laval Perry
Uptown Developments, Managing Member

Ghassan Saab
Sorenson Gross Construction, President/CEO

Phil Shaltz
Shaltz Automation, President/CEO

503 South Saginaw Street, Suite 1500
Flint, MI 48502
p. 810.238.5555
f. 810.238.7807

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott Whipple
Development Manager
scott@uptowndevelopments.com

Ridgway White
Project Manager
ridgway@uptowndevelopments.com

Greg Smith
Accountant
greg@uptowndevelopments.com

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:24 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

ARE AL KLOSS AND DAYSTAR ON A DOWNWARD SPIRAL?
Instrument: 201106130051687 Volume Page:
Recorded: 6/13/2011 11:00:01 PM Prepared: Jun 13, 11 Mailed: Pages: 2
Document Type: TRANSFER REDEMPTION CERT Interest: Consideration: 789.68
Grantee: DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORP.

Notes: Bulk DTS Insert
Legal Description: PrpId: 1109400006, Town: 8, Range: 7, City Code: 11, Remark: PART OF E 1/2 OF SE 1/4 OF SEC & PART OF OUTLOT E, BROOKVIEW SUBDIVISION NO 3 DESCRIBED AS: A PARCEL OF LAND BEG AT SE COR OF OUTLOT E, BROOKVIEW SUBDIVISION NO 3, TH W 200 FT TH S 200 FT TH N 88 DEG 17 MIN 40 SEC W 1078.46 FT TH N 0 DEG 14 MIN 25 SEC W 3
Marginal: Bkwd I 201103020014621 (CERTFORFEI)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instrument: 201104130036047 Volume Page:
Recorded: 4/13/2011 11:07:30 AM Prepared: 01/08/09 Mailed: 06/14/2011 Pages: 2
Document Type: QUIT CLAIM DEEDS Interest: Consideration:
Grantor: DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Grantee: FIRST RENAISSANCE GROUP INC

Notes:
Legal Description: Lt: 1, PrpId: 0629400003, Town: 5, Range: 6, Section: 28, City Code: 06, Remark: PT OF / Lt: 2, PrpId: 0629400003, Town: 5, Range: 6, Section: 28, City Code: 06, Remark: PT OF / PrpId: 0629400003, Town: 5, Range: 6, Section: 29, City Code: 06, Remark: PT OF / Lt: 2, PrpId: 0629400003, Town: 5, Range: 6, Section: 29, City Code: 06, Remark: PT 0F
Marginal:

Instrument: 201104130036046 Volume Page:
Recorded: 4/13/2011 11:06:19 AM Prepared: 12/02/08 Mailed: 06/14/2011 Pages: 1
Grantor: DAYSTAR DEV CORP
Grantee: 120 W FIRST LLC

Notes:
Legal Description: Sub: GREEN ACRES, Lt: 9, PrpId: 6130526008, City Code: 61
Marginal:

Instrument: 201104130036045 Volume Page:
Recorded: 4/13/2011 11:05:10 AM Prepared: 04/11/11 Mailed: 06/14/2011 Pages: 1
Grantee: FIRST RENAISSANCE GROUP INC

Notes:
Legal Description: Sub: COACHLIGHT PINES, Un: 14, Town: 5, Range: 6, City Code: 06 / Sub: COACHLIGHT PINES, Un: 18, Town: 5, Range: 6, City Code: 06
Marginal:

Instrument: 201104130036044 Volume Page:
Recorded: 4/13/2011 11:03:44 AM Prepared: 12/02/08 Mailed: 06/14/2011 Pages: 2
Grantee: 120 W FIRST LLC

Notes:
Legal Description: Sub: GREEN ACRES, Lt: 9, PrpId: 6130200027, Town: 5, Range: 6, Section: 30, City Code: 61
Marginal:

Instrument: 201104040033112 Volume Page:
Recorded: 4/4/2011 11:00:08 PM Prepared: Apr 04, 11 Mailed: 06/14/2011 Pages: 2
Document Type: TRANSFER REDEMPTION CERT Interest: Consideration: 894.2

Legal Description: PrpId: 1109400006, Town: 8, Range: 7, City Code: 11, Remark: PART OF E 1/2 OF SE 1/4 OF SEC & PART OF OUTLOT E, BROOKVIEW SUBDIVISION NO 3 DESCRIBED AS: A PARCEL OF LAND BEG AT SE COR OF OUTLOT E, BROOKVIEW SUBDIVISION NO 3, TH W 200 FT TH S 200 FT TH N 88 DEG 17 MIN 40 SEC W 1078.46 FT TH N 0 DEG 14 MIN 25 SEC W 3
Marginal: Bkwd I 201003010013742 (CERTFORFEI)

Instrument: 201103150029067 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/15/2011 11:00:02 PM Prepared: Mar 15, 11 Mailed: 05/10/2011 Pages: 1
Document Type: TRANSFER REDEMPTION CERT Interest: Consideration: 5861.11
Grantee: DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORP

Legal Description: PrpId: 0414200002, Town: 7, Range: 5, Section: 14, City Code: 04, Remark: A PARCEL OF LAND BEG AT NE COR OF SEC TH S 495 FT TH N 88 DEG 29 MIN 34 SEC W 892 FT TH N 495 FT TH S 88 DEG 29 MIN 34 SEC E 892 FT TO PL OF BEG SEC 14 T7N R5E 10.30 A (80)
Marginal: Bkwd I 201003010012297 (CERTFORFEI)

Instrument: 201103020026116 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2011 5:56:29 PM Prepared: Mar 02, 11 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 527.9

Legal Description: PrpId: 6130526008, City Code: 61, Remark: LOT 9 GREEN ACRES
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020026114 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2011 5:56:29 PM Prepared: Mar 02, 11 Mailed: Pages: 2
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 351.07

Legal Description: PrpId: 6130200027, City Code: 61, Remark: A PARCEL OF LAND BEG @ NE COR LOT 9 GREEN ACRES TH N 64 DEG 45 MIN E 609.53 FT TH S 16 DEG 37 MIN 49 SEC E 261.78 FT TH N 64 DEG 40 MIN 10 SEC E 249.14 FT TH S 25 DEG 12 MIN 51 SEC E 243.73 FT TH S 50 DEG 40 MIN 15 SEC W 109.79 FT TH S 40 DEG 40 MIN 41 S
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020021793 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2011 5:54:44 PM Prepared: Mar 02, 11 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 1568.03
Grantor: SPODNEY, DAVID / DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORP

Legal Description: PrpId: 4119380006, City Code: 54, Remark: FRANKLIN HOMESTEAD LOT 148.
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015137 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2011 5:51:44 PM Prepared: Mar 02, 11 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 300.1
Grantor: COUNTY OF GENESEE TREASURER

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 32, PrpId: 1211507032, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: FOREST GATE CT, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015136 Volume Page:
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 300.1

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 30, PrpId: 1211507030, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: FOREST GATE CT, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015135 Volume Page:

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 29, PrpId: 1211507029, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: FOREST GATE CT, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015133 Volume Page:

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 26, PrpId: 1211507026, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: FOREST GATE CT, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015130 Volume Page:

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 22, PrpId: 1211507022, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: FOREST GATE CT, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015129 Volume Page:

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 20, PrpId: 1211507020, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: FOREST GATE CT, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015126 Volume Page:

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 12, PrpId: 1211507012, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: GOLDEN GATE BLVD, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015124 Volume Page:

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 9, PrpId: 1211507009, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: GOLDEN GATE BLVD, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015123 Volume Page:

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 8, PrpId: 1211507008, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: GOLDEN GATE BLVD, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015122 Volume Page:

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 6, PrpId: 1211507006, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: GOLDEN GATE BLVD, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015121 Volume Page:

Legal Description: Sub: GOLDEN GATE ESTATES NO 1, Lt: 4, PrpId: 1211507004, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: GOLDEN GATE BLVD, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020015118 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2011 5:51:44 PM Prepared: Mar 02, 11 Mailed: Pages: 2
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 4671.33

Legal Description: PrpId: 1211200019, Town: 6, Range: 7, Section: 11, St: BELSAY RD S, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12, Remark: PT NE4
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020014621 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2011 5:51:31 PM Prepared: Mar 02, 11 Mailed: Pages: 2
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 489.86
Grantee: DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION

Legal Description: PrpId: 1109400006, Town: 8, Range: 7, Section: 09, St: STANLEY RD E, Genesee Township, MI , City Code: 11, Remark: PT E2 SE4 / Sub: BROOKVIEW SUBDIVISION NO 3, PrpId: 1109400006, Town: 8, Range: 7, Section: 09, St: STANLEY RD E, , , City Code: 11, Remark: PT OUTLOT E
Marginal: Fwd 201106130051687 (TRANSREDEM)

Instrument: 201103020013693 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2011 5:51:04 PM Prepared: Mar 02, 11 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 1410.7
Grantee: DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT

Legal Description: Sub: COACHLIGHT PINES CONDOMINIUMS, Lt: 14, PrpId: 0632676014, Town: 5, Range: 6, St: 16502 DAWNLIGHT DR, Fenton Township, MI , City Code: 06
Marginal:

Instrument: 201103020013558 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2011 5:51:02 PM Prepared: Mar 02, 11 Mailed: Pages: 2
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 6485.1

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:32 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Instrument: 201103020013029 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2011 5:50:50 PM Prepared: Mar 02, 11 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 4282.03

Legal Description: PrpId: 0414200002, Town: 7, Range: 5, Section: 14, St: 1026 MORRISH RD S, Clayton Township, MI , City Code: 04, Remark: A PARCEL OF LAND BEG AT NE COR OF SEC TH S 495 FT TH N 88 DEG 29 MIN 34 SEC W 892 FT TH N 495 FT TH S 88 DEG 29 MIN 34 SEC E 892 FT TO PL OF BEG SEC 14 T7N R5E 10.30 A (80)
Marginal:

Instrument: 201102250011987 Volume Page:
Recorded: 2/25/2011 11:00:02 PM Prepared: Feb 25, 11 Mailed: 05/10/2011 Pages: 1
Document Type: TRANSFER REDEMPTION CERT Interest: Consideration: 2044.08

Legal Description: PrpId: 0632676014, Town: 5, Range: 6, City Code: 06, Remark: LOT 14 COACHLIGHT PINES CONDOMINIUMS (93) FR 0600036155
Marginal: Bkwd I 201003010012873 (CERTFORFEI)

Instrument: 201102250011985 Volume Page:
Recorded: 2/25/2011 11:00:02 PM Prepared: Feb 25, 11 Mailed: 05/10/2011 Pages: 2
Document Type: TRANSFER REDEMPTION CERT Interest: Consideration: 9998.32

Legal Description: PrpId: 0629400003, Town: 5, Range: 6, City Code: 06, Remark: PART OF GOVT LOTS 1 & 2 SEC 28 & PART OF GOVT LOTS 1 & 2 SEC 29 BEG S 89 DEG 21 MIN 31 SEC E 932.65 FT FROM INTERIOR 1/4 COR OF SEC 29 TH S 89 DEG 21 MIN 31 SEC E 1727.27 FT TH N 89 DEG 46 MIN 02 SEC E 1341.99 FT TH S 0 DEG 13 MIN 37 SEC E 2171.52 FT TH
Marginal: Bkwd I 201003010012854 (CERTFORFEI)

Instrument: 201011160077454 Volume Page:
Recorded: 11/16/2010 2:39:28 PM Prepared: 11/15/10 Mailed: 01/25/2011 Pages: 9
Document Type: DEC., ORD., JUDGE Interest: Consideration:
Grantor: BANK OF AMERICA
Grantee: KLOSS, ALFRED R / KLOSS, DIANA C / DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION / 615 LLC

Notes:
Legal Description: PrpId: 0715626001, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / PrpId: 0715626002, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / PrpId: 0715626003, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / PrpId: 0715626004, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / PrpId: 0715626005, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / PrpId: 0715626016, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / PrpId: 0715626017, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / PrpId: 0715626008, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / PrpId: 0715626012, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / PrpId: 0715626013, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / PrpId: 0715626015, Town: 7, Range: 6, City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 1, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 2, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 3, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 4, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 5, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 6, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 7, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 8, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 12, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 13, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: WHITEHOUSE CONDOMINIUM, Lt: 15, Town: 7, Range: 6, St: 3255 BEECHER RD, , , City Code: 07 / Sub: VILLAGE OF FLILNT RIVER, Lt: 1, Bl: 3, PrpId: 4118117001, St: 601 SAGINAW ST S, , , City Code: 54
Marginal:

Instrument: 201010010069607 Volume Page:
Recorded: 10/1/2010 11:00:03 PM Prepared: Oct 01, 10 Mailed: 01/15/2011 Pages: 1
Document Type: TRANSFER REDEMPTION CERT Interest: Consideration: 1777.57
Grantor: SPODNEY, DAVID / DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORP

Legal Description: PrpId: 4119380006, City Code: 54, Remark: FRANKLIN HOMESTEAD LOT 148.
Marginal:

Instrument: 201005180045603 Volume Page:
Recorded: 5/18/2010 10:54:09 AM Prepared: May 18 2010 Mailed: 11/10/2010 Pages: 1
Document Type: AFF CANCELLATION/FORFEITURE Interest: Consideration:
Grantor: DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORP

Legal Description: PrpId: 4117359013, City Code: 54, Remark: ELM PARK SUBDIVISION LOT 131.
Marginal:

Instrument: 201004260037271 Volume Page:
Recorded: 4/26/2010 2:08:52 PM Prepared: 03/19/10 Mailed: 11/10/2010 Pages: 1
Document Type: WARRANTY DEED Interest: Consideration: 84900
Grantee: ROUTSIS, HARALAMBOS

Notes:
Legal Description: Sub: WILLIAMSBURG FARMS NO 8, Lt: 319, PrpId: 1202503002, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: 5361 OLD FRANKLIN, , , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201003260030932 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/26/2010 11:00:02 PM Prepared: Mar 26 2010 Mailed: 08/14/2010 Pages: 1
Document Type: TRANSFER REDEMPTION CERT Interest: Consideration: 1929.45
Grantor: DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORP.

Legal Description: PrpId: 1202503002, Town: 6, Range: 7, City Code: 12, Remark: N-3229-441 LOT 319 WILLIAMSBURG FARMS NO 8 SEC 2 T6N R7E
Marginal:

Instrument: 201003170028739 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/17/2010 10:45:26 AM Prepared: 03/08/10 Mailed: 08/14/2010 Pages: 1
Document Type: TAX LIEN STATE R ONLY REL Interest: Consideration:
Grantor: STATE OF MICHIGAN
Grantee: DAYSTAR ENTERPRISES / DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORP / DAYSTAR ENTERPRISES

Notes:
Legal Description:
Marginal: Bkwd I 200903250027540 (STATE R)

Instrument: 201003010020149 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/1/2010 5:32:43 PM Prepared: Mar 1 2010 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 2044.13

Legal Description: Sub: ELM PARK SUBDIVISION, Lt: 131, PrpId: 4117359013, St: 2041 CROCKER AVE, City of Flint, MI , City Code: 54
Marginal:

Instrument: 201003010015162 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/1/2010 5:30:42 PM Prepared: Mar 1 2010 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 1275.4

Legal Description: Sub: B A WHIPPLE SUB, Lt: 16, PrpId: 1424526012, Town: 8, Range: 6, St: 1086 PRINCETON AVE, Mt. Morris Township, MI , City Code: 14
Marginal:

Instrument: 201003010014131 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/1/2010 5:30:19 PM Prepared: Mar 1 2010 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 1629.16

Legal Description: Sub: WILLIAMSBURG FARMS NO 8, Lt: 319, PrpId: 1202503002, Town: 6, Range: 7, St: 5361 OLD FRANKLIN RD, Grand Blanc Township, MI , City Code: 12
Marginal:

Instrument: 201003010013742 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/1/2010 5:30:11 PM Prepared: Mar 1 2010 Mailed: Pages: 2
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 469.97

Legal Description: PrpId: 1109400006, Town: 8, Range: 7, Section: 9, St: STANLEY RD E, Genesee Township, MI , City Code: 11, Remark: PT OF / Sub: BROOKVIEW SUBDIVISION, PrpId: 1109400006, Town: 8, Range: 7, Section: 9, St: STANLEY RD E, , , City Code: 11, Remark: PT OF OUTLOT E
Marginal: Fwd 201104040033112 (TRANSREDEM)

Instrument: 201003010012873 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/1/2010 5:29:51 PM Prepared: Mar 1 2010 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 1427.6

Legal Description: Sub: COACHLIGHT PINES CONDOMINIUMS, Lt: 14, PrpId: 0632676014, Town: 5, Range: 6, St: 16502 DAWNLIGHT DR, Fenton Township, MI , City Code: 06
Marginal: Fwd 201102250011987 (TRANSREDEM)

Instrument: 201003010012854 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/1/2010 5:29:51 PM Prepared: Mar 1 2010 Mailed: Pages: 2
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 8015.77

Legal Description: PrpId: 0629400003, Town: 5, Range: 6, Section: 28, St: HARP DR, Fenton Township, MI , City Code: 06, Remark: PT OF GOVT LOTS 1 AND 2
Marginal: Fwd 201102250011985 (TRANSREDEM)

Instrument: 201003010012297 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/1/2010 5:29:41 PM Prepared: Mar 1 2010 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 4541.78

Legal Description: PrpId: 0414200002, Town: 7, Range: 5, Section: 14, St: 1026 MORRISH RD S, Clayton Township, MI , City Code: 04, Remark: PT OF
Marginal: Fwd 201103150029067 (TRANSREDEM)

Instrument: 201002240010715 Volume Page:
Recorded: 2/24/2010 11:00:02 AM Prepared: Feb 24 2010 Mailed: 07/26/2010 Pages: 2
Document Type: TRANSFER REDEMPTION CERT Interest: Consideration: 6956.93
Grantor: DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT

Legal Description: PrpId: 0629400003, Town: 5, Range: 6, City Code: 06, Remark: PART OF GOVT LOTS 1 & 2 SEC 28 & PART OF GOVT LOTS 1 & 2 SEC 29 BEG S 89 DEG 21 MIN 31 SEC E 932.65 FT FROM INTERIOR 1/4 COR OF SEC 29 TH S 89 DEG 21 MIN 31 SEC E 1727.27 FT TH N 89 DEG 46 MIN 02 SEC E 1341.99 FT TH S 0 DEG 13 MIN 37 SEC E 2171.52 FT TH
Marginal:

Instrument: 201002240010710 Volume Page:
Recorded: 2/24/2010 11:00:02 AM Prepared: Feb 24 2010 Mailed: 07/26/2010 Pages: 1
Document Type: TRANSFER REDEMPTION CERT Interest: Consideration: 4456.18

Legal Description: PrpId: 0414200002, Town: 7, Range: 5, City Code: 04, Remark: A PARCEL OF LAND BEG AT NE COR OF SEC TH S 495 FT TH N 88 DEG 29 MIN 34 SEC W 892 FT TH N 495 FT TH S 88 DEG 29 MIN 34 SEC E 892 FT TO PL OF BEG SEC 14 T7N R5E 10.30 A (80)
Marginal:

Instrument: 201002180009313 Volume Page:
Recorded: 2/18/2010 11:30:03 PM Prepared: Feb 18 2010 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: TRANSFER REDEMPTION CERT Interest: Consideration: 1543.28

Legal Description: Sub: B A WHIPPLE SUBDIVISION, Lt: 16, PrpId: 1424526012, Town: 8, Range: 6, City Code: 14
Marginal: Bkwd I 200903020014062 (CERTFORFEI)

Instrument: 200909280064285 Volume Page:
Recorded: 9/28/2009 8:05:44 AM Prepared: 09/23/09 Mailed: 12/18/2009 Pages: 1
Document Type: DISCHARGES Interest: Consideration:
Grantor: STATE BANK

Notes:
Legal Description: Sub: HAWKSHIRE ESTATES CONDOMINIUM, Un: 43, City Code: 59
Marginal: Bkwd L 4590 378

Instrument: 200903250027540 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/25/2009 2:21:03 PM Prepared: 03/13/09 Mailed: 05/08/2009 Pages: 1
Document Type: TAX LIEN STATE R ONLY Interest: Consideration: 6690.83
Grantor: STATE OF MICHIGAN
Grantee: DAYSTAR ENTERPRISES / DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT CORP

Notes:
Legal Description:
Marginal: Fwd 201003170028739 (ST R REL)

Instrument: 200903020018419 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2009 11:38:02 AM Prepared: Mar 2 2009 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 1279.09

Legal Description: PrpId: 4117359013, City Code: 54, Remark: ELM PARK SUBDIVISION LOT 131.
Marginal:

Instrument: 200903020014062 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2009 11:32:52 AM Prepared: Mar 2 2009 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 1013.15

Legal Description: PrpId: 1424526012, Town: 8, Range: 6, City Code: 14, Remark: LOT 16 B A WHIPPLE SUBDIVISION
Marginal: Fwd 201002180009313 (TRANSREDEM)

Instrument: 200903020011859 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2009 11:30:27 AM Prepared: Mar 2 2009 Mailed: Pages: 2
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 5496.26
Grantor: DAYSTAR DEVELOPMENT

Marginal:

Instrument: 200903020011470 Volume Page:
Recorded: 3/2/2009 11:29:46 AM Prepared: Mar 2 2009 Mailed: Pages: 1
Document Type: CERT OF FORFEITURE OF REAL PROPERTY Interest: Consideration: 3426.69

Legal Description: PrpId: 0414200002, Town: 7, Range: 5, City Code: 04, Remark: A PARCEL OF LAND BEG AT NE COR OF SEC TH S 495 FT TH N 88 DEG 29 MIN 34 SEC W 892 FT TH N 495 FT TH S 88 DEG 29 MIN 34 SEC E 892 FT TO PL OF BEG SEC 14 T7N R5E 10.30 A (80)
Marginal:

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:35 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

The only change was the name of the company in some instances/

Searched for: FIRST RENAISSANCE GROUP, INC.

ID Num: 12744C

Entity Name: FIRST RENAISSANCE GROUP, INC .

Type of Entity: Domestic Profit Corporation
Resident Agent: ALFRED R KLOSS
Registered Office Address: 601 S SAGINAW ST STE 204 FLINT MI 48415
Mailing Address: MI

Formed Under Act Number(s): 284-1972

Incorporation/Qualification Date: 1-14-2002

Jurisdiction of Origin: MICHIGAN

Number of Shares: 1,000

Year of Most Recent Annual Report: 10

Year of Most Recent Annual Report With Officers & Directors: 05

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:41 pm
untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

To answer your question, it would appear that some in the administration such as Greg Eason and Walling are in their back pocket.

Smith Village Redevelopment Plan! - Flint Housing Commission
Smith Village. Redevelopment. Plan! A partnership of the City of Flint,. Metro Community Development,. Flint Housing Commission and the ...
http://www.flinthud.org/smith-village-combined-web.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

Ridgeway White's wife sat in on planning meetings and then formrd her own architecture firm and is now a development partner in Smith Village!

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:45 am
Post Sat May 02, 2015 6:11 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: More violations of HUD procurement rules?

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I watched the most recent council meeting last Sunday and I was surprised to hear Eason say he had several contractors working on emergency repairs in the city. I then went to the City of Flint website and found the Invitation to bid for repairs to Occupied Homes under the City Wide Emergency Program issued on July 20,2011. The response date is not until August 8,2011. So how did Eason contract with these construction companies. It could not be professional Service Contracts and such a move would violate HUds Procurement rules.

Then I remembered people telling me that I missed the Smith Village groundbreaking when it was announced that contractors could sign up. It made no sense to me so i just sort of put it aside.

Then I looked at the Grants Committee meetings for July 2011. resolution 110937 was for a contract to EMAR Construction for $39.506 for repairs to 7 homes under the City Wide Emergency Repair program. This most likely is a violation of HUD rules as the procurement process has not been completed. It was on the agenda more than once so I am unsure if council approved the contract.

The most intersting aspect of the resolution was the award to EMAR, owned by Phil Johnson who has ties to Charles Young and the OU Group.

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:42 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Searched for: EMAR CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING L.L.C.

ID Num: B1820L

Name:EMAR CONSTRUCTION & REMODELING L.L.C.

Type: Domestic Limited Liability Company
Resident Agent: PHILLIP JOHNSON

Registered Office Address: 1219 CARTER DR FLINT MI 48532
Mailing/Office Address: P.O. Box 310101 FLINT MI 48531

Formation/Qualification Date:12-9-2004

Jurisdiction of Origin:MICHIGAN

Managed by: Members

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:46 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

199606150000052 Vol/Page: 96
Type: MARR LIC
Bride: MCGEE, LELA
Groom: JOHNSON, PHILLIP EUGENE

EMAR Construction was also a DBA in Genesee County until 2009 for Phillip Eugene Johnson.

Lela Johnson, aka Lela McGhee is a principal in OU Village, part of the OU group.

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:56 pm
Post Sun May 03, 2015 6:51 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Eason's staff falters and blames HUD's Steve Spencer

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I am hearing that Eason thinks he has eliminated problems when HUD reassigned Ellen Chung to monitor Flint. HUD regularly reassigns people and Chung has been in Flint before.

Many of the recent problems with HUD are associated with the system usedby HUD to establish and track projects. HUD does not have the staff available to come in and individually train grant recipients. However, they make available ample opportunities forr training. Here is a HUd site showing 40 IDIS trainings for Commuity Block Development Grant recipients.

Integrated Disbursement & Information System (IDIS Online) Training

In 2010 the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Office of Community Planning and Development (CPD) sponsored 40 two-day IDIS training sessions for CDBG grantees. Below are links to the training materials:

For further information contact:
comcon@comcon.org
1-800-998-9999 Option 4
Fax: 1-301-519-5027

Training Binder
Training Manual State CDBG/IDIS Manual and Appendices
Entitlements Manual and Appendices

Handouts CDBG IDIS Online Agenda
State IDIS Agenda
Log on to IDIS
Whats New and Different in IDIS Online
Navigation Tips
IDIS Online System Map
IDIS Basic Training Worksheet
Matrix Codes
Case Studies
How to Generate Reports for IDIS Online

Training Slides Training Slides for States
Training Slides for Entitlements

Guidance Draft Guidelines for Improved Quality
Energy Star Performance Standards for Buildings
IDIS Reports Guide

Screen Shots and Sample Reports Screenshots of CDBG Activity Screens
Sample PR01
Sample PR02
Sample PR03
Sample PR26
Sample PR83-1
Sample PR83-2
Sample PR83-3
Sample PR84
Sample PR85
Sample PR86
Sample State PER
Sample State PR28

Privacy Act of 1974: Notice of New System of Records, IDIS System

Updated 4/11/2011 Back to Top

HUD Home | Web Policies | FOIA | Accessibility | ComCon Home | Privacy Statement
COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS
P.O. Box 7189, Gaithersburg, MD 20898-7189
Telephone: 1-800-998-9999
Federal Relay Service: 1-800-877-8339
Fax: 1-301-519-5027

Post Mon May 09, 2011 12:29 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

HUD also made training materials and programs available for HOME programs.

HOME Training

Information by State
Esta página en español
Print version

Helpful Tools
HOME IDIS Training Manual for PJs
The focus of this manual is how to successfully set up and complete HOME activities in IDIS, report accomplishments, and run and interpret HOME reports.
more... | Exercise Manual | Forms | HOME Program
Certified HOME Program Specialist - Regulations” Course
The Office of Affordable Housing Programs is now pleased to announce the introduction of its new Certified HOME Program Specialist training initiative. The Certified HOME Program Specialist training initiative will use a modified ‘Building HOME’ primer course as its foundation.
Search HOME Training Materials
HUD has created a new Search tool to help you find specific information in the Home Training Program.
Glossary
Feel free to check the glossary if you see terms or acronyms that seem to have definitions specific to CPD, or if the word is new to you.

Training on the HOME program is offered via two methods: (1) instructor-led, classroom training, and (2) Web-based training. Each type of training is described in more detail below.

Instructor-Led Training
The CPD Training Institute offers a variety of courses and allows you to find training sessions in your area and register online. These courses are designed to share information with community-development professionals, HUD staff, and other stakeholders as they work together to improve and renew America's communities. Visit this site for information about upcoming courses on HOME and other CPD program topics.

Web-based Training (HOME Front)
HOME Front is HUD's Web-based training and technical assistance site for individuals and organizations implementing the HOME Program throughout the United States. Use this site to access a valuable series of interactive training and technical assistance modules. Each module allows you to explore useful HOME topics in your own way and at your own pace, while the navigation bar on the side of the screen gives you continuous access to additional HOME Front resources from anywhere within the site.

Training Materials
HOME training materials and model program guides provide detailed guidance in the area of community development, as well as specific trainings for the HOME Program, such as Building HOME: a HOME Program Primer. HOME Training Materials give support to HUD staff and our PJs. CPD Technical Assistance is also available to our grantees.

Content current as of 14 May 2010 Back to top

FOIA Privacy Web Policies and Important Links Home
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112 TTY: (202) 708-1455
Find the address of a HUD office near you

Post Mon May 09, 2011 12:34 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

On August 20, 2010 Eason sent a letter to HUD "formally requesting that the Department of Housing and Urban development (HUD), Detroit Field Office provide technical assistance to the City's Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED). The Department's technical assistance needs are centered on the HOME Investment partnership Act program (HOME), the Integrated Disbursement and Information System (IDIS) and sub recipient/contract management.'

..."The cumulative effect of the findings and concerns identified in your monitoring report s and the 2009 Office of Inspector General (OIG) Audit have resulted in a $679,902 reduction in the City's 2010-2011 HOME alocation. The OIG has continued auditing the city's HOME program since 2009. The 2010 unofficial audit reports continue to reveal a history of management, reporting and sub-recipient monitoring problems."

Eason goes on to cite the changes proposed in DCED:
1) Staff training and developmeent;
2) Hiring staff, with expertise, to assist in managing the additional, varied, technical and detailed activities of the Department;
3) Departmental reorganization to better utilize the skill sets of current staff
4) Receipt of technical assistance in the areas of program management and reporting.

Eason sends the letter requesting training to Wendy Johnson, Jacqueline Foster, Portia McGoy, CPD Specialist (HUD) and Dan Zacheretti, Senior Auditor of the HUD OIG.

In a further bid to assign blame to anyone but themselves, Jackie Foster then forwards this letter on Aril 5, 2011 to the new Director, Keith Hernandez who forwards the communication to Ellen Chung on April 18,2011.

With ample training options available, it is incomprehensible just what Eason and Foster expect to gain by this ploy.

Post Mon May 09, 2011 12:59 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

On March 18, 2011 Hernandez sent Wendy Johnson a communication on the HOME Program 2009 Funds Commitment deadline.

"Please be advised that our records indicate that you are in danger of missing your Commitment deadline, which occurs on July 31, 2011. If not committed within the 24-month period the funds will be deobligated."

----"Prior to the requirement deadline, we are giving you the opportunity to update IDIS with any commitment not previously recorded and to identify and correct errors in IDIS. Please note that any cancellation of activities may negatively impact your ability to meet your requirements."

At this time the possible shortfall was $303,585. Genesee County also had a shortfall projected at that time of $898,481. Steve Spencer was still the monitor .

Another reason for concern among DCED staff is the march 8, 2011 communication that the city was to be monitored on March 28, 2011 through April 1, 2011.

Post Mon May 09, 2011 1:11 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Portia McGoy of HUD NSP programs recently praised Jackie Foster for work on the NSP 3 . My understanding is Foster used materials already created by prior staff from DCED. It will be interesting to see how she does on her own.

Some are looking hard at McGoy as allegations are that she recommended a vendor to the city and that is not permitted. Mcgoy is new and was hired specifically for the Neighborhoor Stabilization program.

Post Mon May 09, 2011 1:18 pm
untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Special conditions added to the Neighborhood Stabilization Progran (NSP) 3 , grant number B-11-MN-26-0005, approved on March 14, 2011 for $3,076,522

1. Pursuant to 24 CFR 85.12 (a) (3), a special condition applies to this Grant agreement because the Grantee has received a HUD Provider Needs Assessment describing the nature of technical assistance required to successfully administer the NSP3 Grant Agreement. The Grantee shall enter nto a technical assistance agreement with a HUD technical assistance provider within 30 days of the date HUD signed this grant agreement. Additionally, the Grantee shall sign and adhere to a Memo of Understaning/Agreemant within 30 days of the date HUD signed this grant agreement.

2. Pursuant to 24 CFR 85.12 (a) (3), a special condition applies to this Grant Agreement due to the City's lack of capacity. Within 90 days of the date HUD signed this grant agreement, the Grantee must submit a detailed Management Plan documenting how capacity issues have been resolved, including submission of a detailed staffing plan for NSP and steps to be implemented in identifying and hiring qualified staff and/or partners for administration and/or program management concrns to the satifaction of HUD.

3. Pursuant to 24 CFR 85.12 (a) (1) and (50, a special condition applies to this Grant Agreement due to past performane issues in the HOME and NSP concerns. The Grantee shall submit documentation describing how past performance issues identified in Audit No. 2010-CH-1001 for the HOME Investment Partnership Program and monitoring letter dated August 20, 2009 have been resolved or are now being resolved and explaining how these past performanceissues will (or will not) impact the administration and execution of the NSP program within 90 days of the date HUD signed this grant agreement.

Further, these funds are only to be used for demolition. After 6 months of the date of this agreement, HUD will make a determination concerning the progress of the City o flint's rehabilitation/redevelopment efforts under NSP1 and NSP2 and if additional activities, other than demolition, will be allowed with NSP3 funds.

FAILURE TO COMPLY

Hud may therafter withhold authority to incur additional obligations of NSP3 funds or take other actions authorized under 24 CFR 85.12 (b) to include further restrictions and repayment.

Post Mon May 09, 2011 1:48 pm

00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Flint City Council approves employee training hoping to avoid
additional federal penalties
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2011/04/flint_city_council_approves_em.html

As of 04/12/2011:

DLEG-BCS-Corporation Division Database Lookup (Michigan)
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/sr_corp.asp
Search for records of corporations, limited liability companies, and
limited partnerships authorized to transact business in the State of
Michigan. (Note the company says it is a "minority owned, general
partnership."

Community Development Experts - About Us
http://www.cdexperts.net/about_us

Our Business
Since 2004, CDE continues to be a prominent service provider among HUD
grantees and maintains a client base of some of the larger grantee
communities. These clients operate some of the largest multi-million
dollar entitlement grant programs and trusts CDE to care for their data
quality for reporting as well as the accurate and timely submissions for
the Action Plan and CAPER.

Who We Are
Community Development Experts is a minority owned, general partnership
started by Ronald Allen and Baron Bell in 2004. Our training and
expertise in IDIS combined with twenty three years working on the
Department of Housing and Urban Development grant programs results in a
more robust set of services for our clients. During the early days of the
Consolidated Plan process, the partners functioned as team members on
various project assignments conducting CPD training and technical
assistance. The partners also managed major training contracts for prime
contractor responsible for implementing training programs for the
Consolidated Plan, IDIS and GMP.

18804 Impulse Lane
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
ph: 301-869-6210
fax: 301-238-5193
alt: 240-350-1546
info@cdexperts.net

Maryland Department of of Assessments and Taxation
http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/UCC-Charter/default.aspx

Business Database Search
http://sdatcert3.resiusa.org/ucc-charter/
Information for business security interest (UCC) filings; agent and
personal property assessment information for corporations, limited
liability companies, limited liability partnerships, limited partnerships,
limited liability limited partnerships, professional corporations, and
trade names

Taxpayer Services Division

Charter Search Results for: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT EXPERTS

Page 1 of 1
(Dept. ID) Entity Name Entity Detail Status
(T00215514) COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT EXPERTS General
Info. Amendments FORFEITED

Entity Name: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT EXPERTS
Dept ID #: T00215514

General Information
Amendments

Owner (Primary):
RONALD LEE ALLEN
15439 REPRISE TERR
ROCKVILLE, MD 20850
15439 REPRISE TERR
ROCKVILLE, MD 20850
Renewal Notice Date: 06/15/2009
Expiration Date: 11/15/2009

Entity Name: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT EXPERTS
Dept ID #: T00215514

General Information

Amendments

Page 1 of 1

Description Date Filed Time Film Folio Pages View Document Order Copies
LAPSED AT END OF TERM 12/21/2009 08:30 AM B00F91 0369 3 View Image
TRADE NAME REGISTRATION 11/15/2004 10:49 AM B00727 0358 2 View Image

Status
FORFEITED
Forfeited
For a Maryland entity, its existence has been ended by the State for
some delinquency. For a non-Maryland entity it means its authority to
do business and legal presence here has been terminated. For a trade
name it means the filing has lapsed after 5 years and not been
renewed.

Training is available on the HUD website:

Training on the HUD website:

Community Planning & Development

Online Systems/Databases
http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/systems/index.cfm

Training - IDIS - CPD - HUD
http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/systems/idis/training/index.cfm

Technical Assistance Unit
http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/systems/idis/tau.cfm

Reporting and Guidance
http://www.hud.gov/offices/cpd/systems/idis/reporting/index.cfm

Library
http://archives.hud.gov/offices/cpd/systems/idis/library/index.cfm

Community Planning and Development/U.S. Department of Housing and Urban
Development (HUD)
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/comm_planning

HUD/U.S.
http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page/portal/HUD

Post Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Community Development Experts
18804 Impulse Lane
Gaithersburg, MD 20879-1793 map
Website: Information not found Phone: (301) 869-6210 Ads by Google
Non-Profit & Associations Johnson Lambert & Co. LLP - CPAs Non-Profit and Association Taxes
www.jlco.comThe ads are not affiliated with Community Development ExpertsAbout Community Development Experts
Is this your company? Claim This Profile
Community Development Experts in Gaithersburg, MD is a private company categorized under Promotions and Fund Raising. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 175,000 and employs a staff of approximately 2. Companies like Community Development Experts usually offer: Abc Fundraising, Online Fundraising Services, Team Fundraising, Specialized Fundraising Services and Internet Fundraising Services.

Business CategoriesFund raising organizations in Gaithersburg, MDBusiness ServicesAll Other Support Services View newly formed U.S. businesses Company Contacts
Is this your company? Claim This Profile Ronald Lee AllenSearch for more contacts Community Development Experts Business InformationLocation Type Single Location
Annual Sales (Estimated) 175,000
Employees (Estimated) 2
SIC Code 7389, Business Services, NEC
NAICS Code 561990, All Other Support Services
Products, Services
and Brands Information not found
State of Incorporation Information not found
Years in Business 1

Companies in this category usually offer:

Creative Fundraising Fund Raising ServicesFundraising Services Fundraising Auction ServicesClick on the reports tab at the top of the page to research company background, detailed company profile, credit and financial reports for Community Development Experts.

Reports often include a complete predictive and historical analysis with payment and financial information; information on the identity, operations, profitability and stability of Community Development Experts; Details on the company’s history, the business background of its management, special events and recent company news. Download Community Development Experts financial and company reports.

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I must have used a bad title as this was posted as a tribute to Kristen of the Flint Journal.

Kristen followed up on her story about the City of Flint hiring a training entity named Community development Experts (CDE) for the Department of Community and Economic Development. She notified the city that the Trade Mark for the company was forfeited in the the State of Maryland. After the city notified the company, communications were sent to HUD.

The interesting part of this communication is CDE expressing ignorance of the rules regarding the State of Maryland laws regarding the continuation of their trademark. They also professed ignorance regarding the Michigan DLEG registration to do business in the state. And yet this company is asking to be able to continue to educate Flint on HUD rules.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:14 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

On April 13, 2011 Jackie Foster forwarded an e-mail from Ron Allen (ron@cdexperts.net) dated 4/12/11.

This correspondence is in response to questions that have arisen regarding Community Development Experts (CDE) status as a currently active business recognized in the State of maryland and our companies expertise conducting business in states throughout the country.

CDE was informed by the the city today, Tuesday, April 12th, that our business was listed as "forfeitef" on a Maryland State web site. This apparently was discovered by a Flint Journal reporter by the name of Kristen Longley. CDE researched various Maryland government web sites and was able to confirm Ms. Longley's information specifically on the maryland Department of Assessments and taxation web site. This finding came as a surprise to us since we've never received communication from the state agency regarding this issue.

This"forfeited" status is specifically regarding our trade name registration in the state. Apparently the state issued CDE a request for registration renewal on 6/15/2009 that subsequently expired on 11/15/2009. Unfortunately, our business was not aware of the requirement for renewal of our trade name which apparently is to be conducted every five years with the state at a minimal cost of twenty five dollars. If so we would have certainly anticipated this and responded appropriately. But even more important to this oversight is the fact that the state agency sent the renewal registration information in error to a prior address for our business based on outdated address information listed for CDE on their own web site. When CDE applied for the original trade name on November 2, 2004 our business address was 15439 Reprise Terrace, Rockville Md 20850. Our new business address since 2005 has been 18804 Impulse Lane, Gaithersburg, Maryland, 20879. Although CDE put in a request for forwarding of mail with the USPS in 2004 the service request expired after ninety days so any subsequent mail did not get delivered to our new address. CDE did not update the change of information with Maryland because we were not aware that this was a stste requirement. In response to this revelation, CDE will pursue updating our trade name registration with Maryland on Wednesday, April 13, 2011. We anticipate confirmation of this update hopefully by close of business the same day.

Second, CDE was also made aware of a possible requirement to have a business license in the state of MIchigan in order to engage in a contract with the City of Flint. Based on our experience working with local governments around the country this requirement appears to be an aberation from normal practice.

CDE has provided various technical assistance via contracts to HUD grantees since 2004 and have never been required to obtain a business license for any statein which we conductucted business. This includes training workshops in enough states states to cover more than a thousand particpants who have attended these sessions. Other states in which we have conducted business that do not require a license include Florida, California, Alabama, Alaska, Indiana, Illinois and Texas. Also our current clients: Chicago IL, Washington DC, Montgomery Co TX, Suffolk VA, and Bloomfield NJ do not require a business license. A probable reason for not requiring business licenses for contractors like CDE is that our service is directly to local governments and not to individuals or other businesses. If so, we would be providing goods or services that were the property of CDE. Instead we provide services related to a federal government system (IDIS) which contains information that belongs to the general public.

In conclusion, we hope that in light of this discussion, CDE will still be allowed to perform the scope of services to the city outlined in our earlier proposal and in a time frame that works best for the city and CDE/

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:58 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

So if I read this correctly, CDE:

1) doesn't know the reuirements of the State of maryland regarding business licensure,

2) doesn't realise the importance of informing entities they do business with of any changes in address,

And yet they are experts on followong the rules and regulations regarding HUD IDIS.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:03 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

18804 Impulse Lane
Non-Profit & Associations Johnson Lambert & Co. LLP - CPAs Non-Profit and Association Taxes
www.jlco.comThe ads are not affiliated with Community Development ExpertsAbout Community Development Experts
Community Development Experts in Gaithersburg, MD is a private company categorized under Promotions and Fund Raising. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 175,000 and employs a staff of approximately 2. Companies like Community Development Experts usually offer: Abc Fundraising, Online Fundraising Services, Team Fundraising, Specialized Fundraising Services and Internet Fundraising Services.

Business CategoriesFund raising organizations in Gaithersburg, MDBusiness ServicesAll Other Support Services View newly formed U.S. businesses Company Contacts
Is this your company? Claim This Profile Ronald Lee AllenSearch for more contacts Community Development Experts Business InformationLocation Type Single Location
Employees (Estimated) 2
Products, Services
Years in Business 1

Creative Fundraising Fund Raising ServicesFundraising Services Fundraising Auction ServicesClick on the reports tab at the top of the page to research company background, detailed company profile, credit and financial reports for Community Development Experts.

Reports often include a complete predictive and historical analysis with payment and financial information; information on the identity, operations, profitability and stability of Community Development Experts; Details on the company’s history, the business background of its management, special events and recent company news. Download Community Development Experts financial and company reports.

Data above provided by D&B. © Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. All rights

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:10 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

18804 Impulse Lane

Employees (Estimated) 2
Products, Services
Years in Business 1

Data above provided by D&B. © Dun and Bradstreet, Inc. All rights

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:10 pm

Post Tue May 10, 2011 6:00 am

00SL2
F L I N T O I D

The business should be required to provide a Certificate of Good Standing from the State of Maryland to show the "forfeited" status has been corrected.

Maryland Department of Assessment and Taxation
http://www.dat.state.md.us/

Business Entity is Not in Good Standing or Forfeited
http://www.dat.state.md.us/sdatweb/entitystatus.pdf

From above PDF file:

“Forfeited” means the “legal existence” of the entity has been relinquished and it is usually for failing to make required Annual Report/Personal Property Return filings for prior years.

See the reason why an entity has been “forfeited” by clicking on the “Amendments” column heading on the page alphabetically listing the entity’s name.

There are four steps for any entity to correct the “forfeited” status:

(1) File all missing Annual Reports/Personal Property Returns for every year and pay the $300 annual filing fee for each year;

(2) Pay the local county/city government’s personal property tax bill for any reported property after the Department has sent an assessment notice to the local government;

(3) Obtain a “tax clearance certificate” from the local government after any personal property tax bills have been paid; and

(4) File “Articles of Revival or Reinstatement” with the Department by attaching a copy of the tax clearance certificate. Instructions and a form for reinstatement can be downloaded from the Department’s “Business Data Search” page and clicking on “Get Forms” in the yellow banner for the main menu.

Any business entity that needs to correct its “forfeited” legal status immediately may come to the Department’s public filing counter on the 8th floor of our offices at 301 West Preston Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. There is an additional $50 “expedited filing fee” required under the law for immediate processing service. If the missing Personal Property Returns have been filed and a tax clearance certificate has already been obtained, then one can “fax” into the Department the reinstatement document, the clearance certificate, the Articles of Revival or Reinstatement, and credit card authorization for a $150 fee ($100 for the Articles and $50 for the expedited fee). The “fax” cover sheet requesting the necessary information is available on the “Get Forms” page described above.

Post Tue May 10, 2011 11:44 am
untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Interesting feed back!

Some wish the city would lose the federal funding because they don't see any benefit to it and don't approve of the way it is being used.

Smith Village and metawaneenee won't cure their neighborhoods of crime and no one seems to care about the neglected houses in their neighborhoods.

Many view city council as :
a) impotent and unable or unwilling to curb administrative abuses
b) corrupt and only looking out for their own political needs
c) in bed with the corrupt administration and uncaring about the citizens

More are making plans to leave Flint as they see no solutions to the crime and neighborhood problems. Many are looking to move closer to children and mostly in the south.

Post Wed May 11, 2011 7:45 am

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I agree with you 100%, except for the leaving part. We're not going anywhere.

Post Wed May 11, 2011 8:05 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Eason and Montle going to the Grand Jury over an FBI investigation.

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:54 pm
Post Sun May 03, 2015 7:04 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: East Side vs North Side: What's Worse?

BornAndRaised80sDowntown
F L I N T O I D

I usually dare not venture off into the northend of Flint. For one, I'm a southside chick (meaning most of my friends and family are on the southside also). For two, the crime is out of control on the northend.

A lot of my friends live on the East side, and have so for a long time. What I've noticed is an overspill of northside thugs migrating to the East side. If you venture through the neighborhood near Angelo's, on the east side of Franklin, north of Davison, you will see exactly what I mean.

The prostitution problem on Mabel and Jane are far worse than what Dort Hwy has ever seen. I was visiting a friend on Bennett the other day and we counted 25+ gun shots heard within a one hour time span. Not once did we see a cop car.

WTF is going on???

Post Mon May 23, 2011 6:07 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

I heard the Cobras have regrouped closer to Kearsley Park and I believe some north end Crips moved to the east side. They previously had the East Side Crips and the vernon Avenue Crips.

gang activity is definitely on the rise over there.

Post Mon May 23, 2011 6:22 pm

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
BornAndRaised80sDowntown schreef:
I usually dare not venture off into the northend of Flint. For one, I'm a southside chick (meaning most of my friends and family are on the southside also). For two, the crime is out of control on the northend.

A lot of my friends live on the East side, and have so for a long time. What I've noticed is an overspill of northside thugs migrating to the East side. If you venture through the neighborhood near Angelo's, on the east side of Franklin, north of Davison, you will see exactly what I mean.

The prostitution problem on Mabel and Jane are far worse than what Dort Hwy has ever seen. I was visiting a friend on Bennett the other day and we counted 25+ gun shots heard within a one hour time span. Not once did we see a cop car.

WTF is going on???

If a house, car, or person is not hit, the police will not respond. A neighbor was told this when a bullet hit the block club sign in her yard. Last week, several shots were fired into the back of a house on the street one block east of us. a car was sent to take a look 2 hours later. Don't fault the police, there just aren't enough of them. They had trouble yesterday covering 2 shootings in a short time span due to lack of manpower.

Post Mon May 23, 2011 6:29 pm

BornAndRaised80sDowntown
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
I heard the Cobras have regrouped closer to Kearsley Park and I believe some north end Crips moved to the east side. They previously had the East Side Crips and the vernon Avenue Crips.

gang activity is definitely on the rise over there.

Yes, you are right!

The Cobras' activity slowed down quite a bit about 10 years ago, but during the last year or so, I've seen their network regain some momentum. The ESC and Cobras have been having some lightweight beef recently. I suspect the tension will grow this summer. We'll see.

Post Mon May 23, 2011 10:33 pm

twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hopefully they have learned to shoot straight and only kill off each other.

Post Tue May 24, 2011 7:03 am

Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Hopefully they have learned to shoot straight and only kill off each other.

That's the problem; they throw lead in all directions & hope they'll hit their target.

Post Tue May 24, 2011 9:14 am

twotap
F L I N T O I D

I know they do friggin morons.

Post Tue May 24, 2011 9:39 am

rgillmi
F L I N T O I D

I live on the eastside closer to Center Road and have noticed tags from Center Road straight up Davison Road through the area down by Franklin and past to Louis. There are various writing but the main one is "hack", do any of you know what gang this would be affiliated with?

The craziest has spread further and a bunch of these morons are now over here living in and around American Mobile Trailer Park. There have been two shootouts over here in the past two weeks.

We are probably still safer than on the northend, but if I heard they have MSP officers patrolling over there.

Post Sat May 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

If there Are not enough police how can there be ten cop cars at the 7/11 within two minutes after a call to 911 abt a suspicious customer. I'm going to have to have the employee email me the video he took and get an interview.

BTW Anyone know the current criteria for a Flint officer to actually be allowed to drop a arrested criminal off at county jail? Shop lifting, stabbing, concealed weapon, attempted murder what point do they currently cut off Flint from being able to deposit criminals.?

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:42 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rgillmi schreef:
I live on the eastside closer to Center Road and have noticed tags from Center Road straight up Davison Road through the area down by Franklin and past to Louis. There are various writing but the main one is "hack", do any of you know what gang this would be affiliated with?

The craziest has spread further and a bunch of these morons are now over here living in and around American Mobile Trailer Park. There have been two shootouts over here in the past two weeks.

We are probably still safer than on the northend, but if I heard they have MSP officers patrolling over there.

There is at least one gang video out there that shows American Trailer park.

For arsons the eastside has all other parts of town beat. Gangster Disciples and others are moving into the eastside more than in the past. East Side has always been a drug distribution center and there will continue to be wars over drugs.

Post Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:48 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

On my way back from Meijers on Pierson i drove some north end neighborhoods and I was apalled at the neglect in some. It was eerie to drive by some very well kept and newly renovated homes and just a short distance away find whole blocks of abandoned and strippeed neighborhoods.
There is very little to some of these homes as they appear to be down to the bones of the structure. How sad it must be for the people who maintain and improve their homes to have to see these battered homes so close to them.

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:56 pm

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

quote:
rgillmi schreef:

The grafitti you are describing is probanbly "tagger" groups. Tags such as just names is very common during college breaks as many tagging groups are college students or younger, Art Wenzlaff of the International Institute once worked with a group of taggers and created beautiful murals down on the riverbank.

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 am

1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

quote:
rgillmi schreef:

The grafitti you are describing is probanbly "tagger" groups. Tags such as just names is very common during college breaks as many tagging groups are college students or younger, Art Wenzlaff of the International Institute once worked with a group of taggers and created beautiful murals down on the riverbank.

I think someone painting "murals " on the sides of buildings just encourages others ( far less talented individuals ) to follow the lead. I say don't let anyone to paint murals on the walls of buildings in the inner city of Flint just makes the place look more like a ghetto/barrio and who the hell wants that image? If you want artwork go buy it and put in your own walls. I sure don't want to look at the crap that passes as art on most of the murals I have seen in Flint. One I can't stand is the one someone painted on the old Citizen's bank building on Lewis Street . I will spring for the 50 gallons of paint to cover that monstrosity . I would rather look at "institutional grey" or " green" than that eyesore.

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:48 am

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Except for the taggers the amount of grafitti out there is significantly less than years ago. Store owners keep painting it off. The aggressive anti-grafitti campaign by Williamson eased some of the problem and the nuisance task force, a volunteer group , has carried on the job. Areas that were once filled with grafitti are now clear.

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:34 am
Post Sun May 03, 2015 7:23 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Topic: Former Burton mayor's legacy- Fields of broken dreams

untanglingwebs
F L I N T O I D

Everyone thought Smiley and the Smiley Team were on a building boom when the city kept agreeing to bond out the infrastructure for a number of home development projects as well as Rizzo's industrial park. Now Mayor Zelenko is stuck with the debt and woes created by her predecessor. This is only one project that the building bust hit, but the city still has the tab.

When the otcome of his faulty decision making became obvious, Smiley ran for another office. I know the Smiley supporters will claim otherwise, but this is my opinion. "Thats my story and I'm sticking with it!"

Residents growing frustrated over unkept weeds at city-owned Trail Ridge subdivision
Published: Friday, July 08, 2011, 9:00 AM
By Roberto Acosta | Flint Journal The Flint Journal

BURTON, Michigan — Residents in a local subdivision have had it with an owner they say isn’t doing enough to control a problem with rampant weeds and overgrown lots.

But their complaints to the city are falling on deaf ears because the city is the owner.

View full sizeEmily-Rose Bennett | Flint JournalStephen and Nancy Ketterer, residents of Trail Ridge subdivision, a city-owned property in Burton, are shown from an empty neighboring property that has not been kept up by the city. The Ketterers claim that the city promised to remove large piles of discarded wood and brush from their property before they moved in. That was five years ago. "I wish I hadn't of built out here now," Nancy Ketterer said.
Carol Sauvage moved into a home at the city-owned Trail Ridge development near Maple and Belsay roads in 2006 and started noticing weed growth on nondeveloped lots three years ago.

“Once (people) stopped building in here, it became a problem,” Sauvage said.

Fire hydrants are covered by weeds in some areas. The weeds grow high next to some curbs, Sauvage said, making it difficult to back out of driveways and creating a potential safety hazard with children playing in the area.

“If there are small children on bikes and you are rounding a curb, you may not see them if there is an empty lot with tall weeds,” she said. “You always see young ones around there.”

Residents claim to have seen animals, including raccoons and large snakes in the weeds, with some homes surrounded on three sides by the overgrowth.

View full sizeEmily-Rose Bennett | Flint JournalResidents of Trail Ridge subdivision, a city-owned property in Burton, are upset that weeds from undeveloped lots are not being taken care of when they have to keep up their own property. Residents claim its a safety hazard.
“My husband told the guys to be careful because there was a rattlesnake in our backyard,” said Nancy Ketterer, who can see 3- to 4-foot-tall weeds from windows at her home. “I hope they do something.”

Mayor Paula Zelenko said that as far as she knew, Department of Public Works officials were taking care of the situation, but DPW Director Greg Kray said weeds are untouched in most nondeveloped lots at Trail Ridge.

Empty lots adjacent to homes were mowed in 2010. City workers haven’t mowed so far this year.

When workers eventually make it to the subdivision, Kray said they will cut only 6- to 10-foot swaths adjacent to occupied lots.

“The lots that are undeveloped will destroy the mower as many have holes and debris,” he said. “In addition, mowing an undeveloped lot is very hard on the employee doing the mowing.”

City officials argue they are just doing what the old owners of the subdivision did.

“They are not manicured lawns. They are not developed,” said Zelenko.

Under city rules, residents must cut their lawns before the grass reaches 10 inches. Residents who ignore the rule risk having the city cut it for them, then bill them for the job.

Burton City Council President Steve Heffner said that if the weeds at Trail Ridge are becoming an issue, “they probably should be cut,” but that reductions in employees don’t allow for the work to get done.

“We’re just trying to save every penny we can right now,” he said.

The city purchased 70 vacant lots there for $11,925 during a 2008 auction after developer Blake Rizzo walked away from the subdivision.

The development was part of a bribery scandal that landed former Burton DPW Director Charles Abbey a 15-month federal prison sentence in 2009 on bribery and extortion charges.

Abbey was found to have used his influence and position in the city to aid Rizzo in multiple land developments, including Trail Ridge. Rizzo pleaded guilty in 2005 to misdemeanor insurance fraud and bribery charges.

Since buying the Trail Ridge lots, as well as another 85 lots in Burton Estates off Belsay Road, the city has not done anything with them.

Trail Ridge lots now are on the market, with cash sale prices between $25,000 and $37,400, while land contract sale prices range from $33,000 to $40,590.

Sauvage, who lives on one of 23 developed lots at the Trail Ridge subdivision, has called city officials in past years about cutting the areas around homes and thought pre-emptive action this time around might help the situation.

“I had talked to them all this winter, and I’ve called them about four or five times (this year),” she said.

Nancy Ketterer, who suffers from severe allergies, hopes the weeds are chopped down to alleviate her condition and because residents still paying on their homes deserve it.

“With such high house payments we have out here, It’s just something to have any problems,” said Ketterer, who pays $2,000 a month for her $230,000 home.

Sauvage said that the vacant, overgrown lots aren’t going to be attractive to prospective buyers.

“I just thought if they want to get rid of these lots, if you want to sell something, you make the outward appearance look good,” she said.