FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Blog ethics and Singelis
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

SPJ Code of Ethics | Society of Professional Journalists ...

www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

Members of the Society of Professional Journalists believe that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. The duty of the ...

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:59 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

in gathering, reporting
and interpreting information.
Journalists should:
􀁘 Test the accuracy of information from all sources and exercise care to avoid
inadvertent error. Deliberate distortion is never permissible.
􀁘 Diligently seek out subjects of news stories to give them the opportunity to respond
to allegations of wrongdoing.
􀁘 Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information
as possible on sources’ reliability.
􀁘 Always question sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Clarify conditions
attached to any promise made in exchange for information. Keep promises.
􀁘 Make certain that headlines, news teases and promotional material, photos, video,
audio, graphics, sound bites and quotations do not misrepresent. They should not
oversimplify or highlight incidents out of context.
􀁘 Never distort the content of news photos or video. Image enhancement for technical
clarity is always permissible. Label montages and photo illustrations.
􀁘 Avoid misleading re-enactments or staged news events. If re-enactment is necessary
to tell a story, label it.
􀁘 Avoid undercover or other surreptitious methods of gathering information except
when traditional open methods will not yield information vital to the public.
Use of such methods should be explained as part of the story.
􀁘 Never plagiarize.
􀁘 Tell the story of the diversity and magnitude of the human experience boldly,
even when it is unpopular to do so.
􀁘 Examine their own cultural values and avoid imposing those values
on others.
􀁘 Avoid stereotyping by race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, geography, sexual
orientation, disability, physical appearance or social status.
􀁘 Support the open exchange of views, even views they find repugnant.
􀁘 Give voice to the voiceless; official and unofficial sources of information can be
equally valid.
􀁘 Distinguish between advocacy and news reporting. Analysis and commentary
should be labeled and not misrepresent fact or context.
􀁘 Distinguish news from advertising and shun hybrids that blur the lines between
the two.
􀁘 Recognize a special obligation to ensure that the public’s business is conducted
in the open and that government records are open to inspection.
MINIMIZE HARM
Ethical journalists treat sources, subjects and colleagues as human beings
deserving of respect.
Journalists should:
􀁘 Show compassion for those who may be affected adversely by news coverage. Use
special sensitivity when dealing with children and inexperienced sources or subjects.
􀁘 Be sensitive when seeking or using interviews or photographs of those affected by
tragedy or grief:
􀁘 Recognize that gathering and reporting information may cause harm or discomfort.
Pursuit of the news is not a license for arrogance.
􀁘 Recognize that private people have a greater right to control information about
themselves than do public officials and others who seek power, influence or attention.
Only an overriding public need can justify intrusion into anyone’s privacy.
􀁘 Show good taste. Avoid pandering to lurid curiosity.
􀁘 Be cautious about identifying juvenile suspects or victims of sex crimes.
􀁘 Be judicious about naming criminal suspects before the formal filing of charges.
􀁘 Balance a criminal suspect’s fair trial rights with the public’s right to be informed.
ACT INDEPENDENTLY
Journalists should be free of obligation to any interest other than the
public’s right to know.
Journalists should:
􀁘 Avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
􀁘 Remain free of associations and activities that may compromise integrity or
damage credibility.
􀁘 Refuse gifts, favors, fees, free travel and special treatment, and shun secondary
employment, political involvement, public office and service in community
organizations if they compromise journalistic integrity.
􀁘 Disclose unavoidable conflicts.
􀁘 Be vigilant and courageous about holding those with power accountable.
􀁘 Deny favored treatment to advertisers and special interests and resist their pressure
to influence news coverage.
􀁘 Be wary of sources offering information for favors or money; avoid bidding for news.
BE ACCOUNTABLE
Journalists are accountable to their readers, listeners, viewers and
each other.
Journalists should:
􀁘 Clarify and explain news coverage and invite dialogue with the public over
journalistic conduct.
􀁘 Encourage the public to voice grievances against the news media.
􀁘 Admit mistakes and correct them promptly.
􀁘 Expose unethical practices of journalists and the news media.
􀁘 Abide by the same high standards to which they hold others.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:03 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Demands for sources have caused me to alter the way I blog. Flint Talk readers demand documentation. If something is my opinion I state that fact. I learned this from my friend Attorney Tom Pabst. I question motives and conflict-of-interests because I don't want to be guilty of condemning something wrongly.

That said, I question strongly the motives of many of he issues in the Nick Singelis Blog and the blogs following his lead. I am skeptical of the hullabaloo over the Singelis sex trafficking charges against many Shrine Jester members because there are two law suits dealing with allegations that Singelis embezzled about $1.8 million from Shrine Circus proceeds and bank records.

To me this raises the issue that Singelis may be striking back in an attempt to block the charges against him. Individuals involved in the lawsuits indicate a conviction is coming for Singelis. Little is being said about what role, if any involves Craig Hatch.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:22 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The Genesee County Sheriff Department has been facing difficulties and some bad press. But they have had some get successes especially with the Car theft unit (Gain) and the special task forces they have worked in to deal with our gang issues.

If you are on Facebook, check out Cop Block. This site has stories from around the US about cops gone bad. The NAACP, under the leadership Frances Gilcreast, has long been dealing with the Department of justice over police excessive force and other issues involving police. They held a press conference with Williamson after they secured his commitment to stop promotions in the department without testing in a structured manner. I believe AC Dumas was part of these negotiations.

Having worked in Flint government, I am aware that Lawyers don't always have all of the facts when they are litigating. I remember bringing documents to the law department when they were losing a case and reversing much of the course of the case.

When the police shot the knife wielding woman in the trailer park, I attended a press conference led by Kevin Spears with other police officials. I was amazed at the photos they showed of an officer who was martial arts expert after he encountered a knife wielding assailant. This guy was literally sliced front and back. So much for being trained to disarm suspects with knives. Yet the jury only saw a woman killed by rookies who let this woman get too close to them with her knife.

The Sheriff Department paid out on two lawsuits involving sexual harassment when the individuals involved initially declined to file formal complaints. The lesson may be to document and follow up on complaints even when the person making the complaint is reluctant to follow through.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:51 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Singelis is obsessed with the sex trafficking issue. The Shrine Jesters are a known rogue part of the Shrine and some are advocating abolishing this unit. Jester units in other states have been brought to justice for illegal acts involving the sex trade.

The Sheriff has no jurisdiction to investigate Curtis, Smiley or any other Jester allegedly transporting prostitutes across state lines. Sherriff Pickell appropriately forwarded this complaint to the FBI. Singelis posts on all of his Facebook sites his interactions with the FBI and even names Agents, (not a bright idea)

The Nick Singelis blog has a photo allegedly of Curtis with 2 prostitutes in Florida. This is a clearer photo of Curtis than those in the court records. Has anyone verified it was not photo shopped?

He also has 4 nude photos of a woman who appears to be in a Shrine setting from the camels and paintings. Blue stars are in appropriate places. Who took the photos and how did Singelis get access to them? If they involve public officials, then the correct investigating agency would be the FBI. It would be a conflict-of-interest for Pickell to investigate the Chair of the Board of Commissioners, Curtis, as the Board of Commissioners controls his budget. And Smiley is an elected state official.
Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:11 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Another Nothing and Meaningless story. Politicians always met with the local leaders when they come into a community. Also Curtis has never been identified y anyone as a known sex trafficker, except Singelis. Lets face it Singelis is involved in legal battles with the Shrine and Curtis is a member.

Nick Singelis Blog

Jul

Governor hopeful Mark Schauer associated with known Human Traffickers

Flint, MI- It is no secret that Genesee County has a strong Democratic base, including iconic landmarks, such as the "Home of the Sit Down Strikers," the UAW Region 1C, former home of the last UAW Vice-President, Cal Rapson and newly elected UAW Vice President, Robert Jewell.

When Mark Schauer made the announcement of his running mate, Flint was one of three locations they made campaign stops.

Congressman Dan Kildee (D) from Flint Township (5th District) is seen plastered all of social media with Schauer.

The Congressman practically has full control of Genesee County politics and runs a well oiled political machine that stems from years in politics and also the fact that prior to becoming the Representative of the "Fighting 5th" his uncle Dale Kildee served 22 years in the seat his nephew now enjoys. Dale Kildee, quickly resigned from his Congressional seat after he was accused of molesting a family member for years.

WNEM-TV5, which carried out a six-month investigation, broke the story that was later picked up by nationwide news sources.

Mark Schauer by choice or chance has now tied himself to two political anchors: State Representitive Charles Smiley and Genesee County Board Chairman and Commissioner, Jamie W. Curtis. Both, Smiley and Curtis are currently being investigated by the Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation for Human Trafficking and Mann Act Violations.

Curtis in Florida with 2 Hookers during Jester Covention
Both Curtis and Smiley are Freemasons, Shriner's and members of two nationally known Human Trafficking Rings called El Hajj and the Royal Order of Jesters. Multiple women have given statements to Federal Authorities, testifing that they have been with both Smiley and Curtis and money was exchanged for sex. Now, that might not sound so uncommon for elected officials, but when you are the Head of the El Hajj organization, like Jamie W. Curtis was and you organize to take women across State and International boarders,misdemeanors turn into felonies and arrests turn into indictments.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:11 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Quote:

Curtis in Florida with 2 Hookers during Jester Covention
Both Curtis and Smiley are Freemasons, Shriner's and members of two nationally known Human Trafficking Rings called El Hajj and the Royal Order of Jesters. Multiple women have given statements to Federal Authorities, testifing that they have been with both Smiley and Curtis and money was exchanged for sex. Now, that might not sound so uncommon for elected officials, but when you are the Head of the El Hajj organization, like Jamie W. Curtis was and you organize to take women across State and International boarders,misdemeanors turn into felonies and arrests turn into indictments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here Singelis alleges there is an investigation into local Shriners by the federal government for taking women across state lines in violation of federal laws. So what is the big deal about his demands on the Sheriff

The allegations against Dale Kildee never went anywhere and could never be proven. The person making the complaint was in and out of mental hospitals and allegedly wanted money from Kildee. Kildee instead filed complaints wit the authorities.

Tell both sides!
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:23 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Nick has many Facebook pages. When the deputy story was removed from one, he merely reposted the story.

Now Killbreath is stating on the air that he is suing both Singelis and Flint Talk over this posting. Allegedly Singelis has sent Killbreath numerous messages complaining that Killbreath is not on his side. It is too easy to smear your foes on Facebook.

Nick Singelis II

July 24 · Edited

Flint, MI ---Mike Kilbreath, a Radio host at WFNT 1470 AM has some explaining to do. During a political campaign, Kilbreath allegedly took $3600.00 from a candidate for Mayor and never used the funds for advertising. Flint Talk was also a victim in this scam, seeing they never received business or ad money Kilbreath sold while claiming to represent Flint Talk or the Flint Area Chamber of Commerce. The victims are seeking to press charges against the WFNT 1470 AM Radio Host. Mike Kilbreath is the Brother-in-Law of Mathhew D. Karr, candidate for 67th District Court.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:55 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The last Mayor's election was 2011. Was Killbreath even in charge of the Flint Chamber of Commerce then? That organization has endured much controversy involving Singelis. The allegations ran the gamut from the misuse of funds to an attempted theft of the organization and it's bank accounts by Singelis. This will e an interesting lawsuit. Singelis is said to have no money, but Killbreath says he wants satisfaction at cearing his name.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:03 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Killbreath has an attorney and has demanded retractions about stories emanating from Sngelis that Killbreath states have no truth or basis of fact. I don't understand these blog stories about unnamed Mayoral candidates and Killbreath either.

Bloggers and other media need to look at motives when offered stories. A Detroit TV friend of mine wanted to do a story about Shrine sex trafficking with a local angle. I told hi I had read the court cases and he did not have story. Neither Singelis, nor the attorney representing Singelis, ever produced any evidence or the promised prostitute interviews for the proposed show.

There has been repeated speculation that the Singelis whistleblower case regarding prostitutes are "blackmail" attempts to silence allegations regarding Hatch and Singelis converting the assets of the Shrine to their own personal use. I am told the Shriners involved will never give in to this ploy and they will continue to attempt to recover the misdirected funds.

The Shrine attorneys have diligently and resourcefully tracked the assets and their expenditures. Trusts and other secured assets were transferred into unsecured bank accounts. I question whether or not the banking and other financial institutions have liability issues.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:01 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Singelis is suing the Sheriff, Under Sheriff, and representatives of the gun board because they removed his concealed weapons permit. I have received information from multiple sources that there are police reports about Singelis placing a shotgun in his mouth and threatening suicide. The sources state Singelis was committed for a short time regarding the suicide threats and the documents will be used in the case.

The permit process questions the petitioner regarding mental issues and I understand from other readers the application gives permission to review medical records.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:09 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Singelis Report - blogspot.com

singelis.blogspot.com

Nick Singelis Blogging. Flint, MI member of NPPA Journalist. Singelis Report. Magazine. Classic; Flipcard; Magazine; Mosaic; Sidebar; Snapshot; Timeslide; Aug. 6.

This Blog has been removed and the site is available

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:13 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

The creators of website are concerned bout libel and slander cases as they can enerate large sums of compensation to the victims of these acts.

This blog, before it was taken down, contained allegations against Shrine members, the Sheriff, and other individuals. I don't know how to challenge a blog, but perhaps someone did.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:17 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Nick Singelis II - Flint, Michigan - Newspaper ...

https://www.facebook.com/wncreporting

Nick Singelis II, Flint, Michigan. 2,741 likes · 3 talking about this. SBC is a private, corporation, founded in 2010.

Nick Singelis - YouTube

www.youtube.com/user/nicksingelis

This video is about Sheriff Robert J. Pickell and Undersheriff Chris Swanson covering up shooting and drug deal gone bad by a druken off-duty deputy of the Genesee ...
Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:23 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

SBC is a private, corporation, founded in 2010.

Nick Singelis II's photo.

Long lines in the 2nd Floor of the County Court house causes citizens to become frustrated due to waiting. sometimes for hours. Battles between John Gleason and the Board of Commissioners, over staffing, leave the public hurting and being under served. What's your opinion on the cut back hours and long waits at the Genesee County Clerk's offices?

Judge Beagle's son, Jason avoided arrest for drug possession thanks to Sheriff Pickell. Deputy Vernier (GCSD) was instructed to stand-down and not arrest Beagle. This is just another example of how Pickell and the 'Good Ole' boy network work in Genesee County.

NIck Singelis II

August 11

Many have asked why I dropped my Recall Petition against Sheriff Robert Pickell. The reason is I have a custody case with my two children from my first marriage. The Judge, Duncan Beagle is good friends with the Sheriff. Both the Judge and the Sheriff made it extremely clear that if I didn't back off I would loose the right to see my children. I write this carefully because the Judge has entered an order about mentioning his name publicly, threatening jail, fines and other sanctions. I am working with the FBI and have turned the matter over to them. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, emails, calls and texts! ---Nick

Flint, MI ---Mike Kilbreath, a Radio host at WFNT 1470 AM has some explaining to do. During a political campaign, Kilbreath allegedly took $3600.00 from a candidate for Mayor and never used the funds for advertising. Flint Talk was also a victim in this scam, seeing they never received business or ad money Kilbreath sold while claiming to represent Flint Talk or the Flint Area Chamber of Commerce. The victims are seeking to press charges against the WFNT 1470 AM Radio Host. Mike Kilbreath is the Brother-in-Law of Mathhew D. Karr, candidate for 67th District Court.

Nick Singelis II

July 18

"I was informed by many people that the Sheriff wanted me to tune into 1470 AM WFNT. Very shocked by the threats, intimidation and slander from Sheriff Robert Pickell and the host. Attacking my family and his discrimination against people from different walks of life were repulsive." Townsquare Media should be ashamed of themselves.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:35 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: